TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone want to sell their 2010 GT500

I would like to get a 2010 GT500 that is used and already registered to save on sales tax as when it is brought to CA as it will save me a good chunk of money. I had an 11 on order an cancelled it. I am fully aware of the differences between 10 and 11, so I don't need to hear them again..LOL...For the project I am doing it will have to be a 2010 for a really good price and preferably a convertible with Electronics package and HID"s. Open to all colors except black. I have already searched Ebay and Autotrader nationwide, so I am looking for ones I haven't looked at already. I have also seen some go through the dealer auctions, but none that I wanted. Let me know what you have and price. Thanks.

Alex

Edited by vapor08GT500

I would like to get a 2010 GT500 that is used and already registered to save on sales tax as when it is brought to CA as it will save me a good chunk of money. I had an 11 on order an cancelled it. I am fully aware of the differences between 10 and 11, so I don't need to hear them again..LOL...For the project I am doing it will have to be a 2010 for a really good price and preferably a convertible with Electronics package and HID"s. Open to all colors except black. I have already searched Ebay and Autotrader nationwide, so I am looking for ones I haven't looked at already. I have also seen some go through the dealer auctions, but none that I wanted. Let me know what you have and price. Thanks.

Alex

Hendricks chevrolet in Duluth had a red vert used on their lot 2 weeks ago.They sold a silver one to one of our members.Biuyer apparently traded both in a 2 ZR1s--bob

I would like to get a 2010 GT500 that is used and already registered to save on sales tax as when it is brought to CA as it will save me a good chunk of money.

You will still have to pay California sales tax on it. The rate will be based on the zip code you use (city sales taxes vary in CA) and what you paid for the car, regardless of new or pre-owned.

DMV will collect it when you initially register the vehicle.

The only way to save on taxes is to lie about the price you paid and if it's too low, they go to a book they have telling them what the price should be and they will ding you (have a bill of sale ready and they can't asses a value).

AND, with less than 7500 miles and under one year old, you will pay a CA Emissions surcharge. I'm not sure if they forego that if the car is already CA Certified but if it's FED Certified, look out.....

Phill

Thanks Bob...I called Hendrick Cheverolet and they sold the red one too for $43,500. Seemed like a good deal.

Phil...All the 2010's have 50 state emmisions, so the 7500 mile rule and age aren't a factor. I want to buy one from a private party with a lower bill of sale as the DMV here doesn't go off book, just off of bill of sale.

I have found 2 convert's with all the options in the $44-45K range so far and several coupes in the $40-43 range. There was a Grabber blue coupe with no options at the dealer auction a couple weeks ago with 3K miles that sold for $37K that was a repossesion.

Just looking for the right car and right price...

Alex

Thanks Bob...I called Hendrick Cheverolet and they sold the red one too for $43,500. Seemed like a good deal.

Phil...All the 2010's have 50 state emmisions, so the 7500 mile rule and age aren't a factor. I want to buy one from a private party with a lower bill of sale as the DMV here doesn't go off book, just off of bill of sale.

I have found 2 convert's with all the options in the $44-45K range so far and several coupes in the $40-43 range. There was a Grabber blue coupe with no options at the dealer auction a couple weeks ago with 3K miles that sold for $37K that was a repossesion.

Just looking for the right car and right price...

Alex

ALex too bad,it was a good looking car.You should consider contacting michael morris and tell him what you want--hes on top of the market pretty well all over the country

mmm208 you have a PM.

I talked to Michael Morris today for over an hour, he is a great guy. I met him at both the 08 and 09 Bash in Vegas. If I can't finalize a deal on the cars I have found so far, I will be going with him.

Alex

mmm208 you have a PM.

I talked to Michael Morris today for over an hour, he is a great guy. I met him at both the 08 and 09 Bash in Vegas. If I can't finalize a deal on the cars I have found so far, I will be going with him.

Alex

Did you get your car sold Alex? Sounds like it. If so, congrats.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Looks that way, guy is flying down from Canada on Sunday with a cashier's check for full price. Once the check clears it will ship.

Hope you are having a blast with the SGT!! Should have the new sending unit tomorrow for her...

Alex

Hi Dan,

Looks that way, guy is flying down from Canada on Sunday with a cashier's check for full price. Once the check clears it will ship.

Hope you are having a blast with the SGT!! Should have the new sending unit tomorrow for her...

Alex

Congrats Alex!!! Taking her to work today to show her off!!!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Alex

Ask if him he's the same guy that flew to TX to buy a Mastercraft a year or two ago.

I agree with and absolutely LOVE your avatar!!!! She is such a friggin' COOTER!!!!

LOL - thanks.

My avatar is also a bumper sticker on the rear window of my Miata (the daily driver), which I just stuck on a couple days ago. Since I work for the federal government I'm waiting on someone to complain at work. :hysterical: