TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cancelled GT 500 Order -- Frustration

markjhawk

The process I went through to order my GT500 was terrible, I almost gave up several times. I paid for mine in full, but still had difficulty ordering one... crazy.

I was thinking late next year you should be able to place orders for the new body style vette?

Congats, that is a good looking Vette, love that it is a vert. I have tossed around the idea of a Vette for some time. The only thing that keeps me for doing it is that I cant put my son in it, no back set. He is almost 3. It is important to include him in dads fun. He absolutely loved to go for rides in my 03 Cobra Vert.

In addition to friendly service and good communication, I believe the key to a good dealership is it's bathroom facilities, how many American flags are flyin, a great selection of sodas... and so forth.

Anyway,

Congrats on your Vette! I totally understand your frustration, I skipped a volvo purchase a few years back because no one thought i was a customer... maybe thats why volvo is gone...hehe, no thats not why, but i often think that to please myself.

Man they've only been taking orders for 2 months....you can't build these cars and get them to you overnight.

That's not why I don't want my 2011 on order. I just realized I would take too big of a hit on the car.

Why would you get rid of a '10 for an '11? I don't get it unless you're wanting to go from a coupe to a vert, or vice-versa??

BTW, that's a great looking Vett!

At one point I wouldn't have taken a hit on the car. I didn't want to let it go then. I have a car on order with my dealer for a good price. If someone wants my combo it's an easy deal for them.

Hmm..I had no idea you were planning on getting rid of your '10, Bpmurr - maybe I missed a post of yours somewhere or I just forgot about reading it.

There is quite a big difference in prices of the two years, especially if you grab the SVT Package and Electronics package.

Glad you're sticking with us "old-timers" with 2010 model year cars! :P

I kicked it around and ordered a 2011 when order banks opened. I decided later it would be better just to keep my car and enjoy it. If someone is interested in the 2011 let me know.

Your new car is a hell of a lot faster than 12.8 =)

Congrats.

Buying a GT500 is generally a horrible experience thanks to dealers. Yes, of course we have some nice dealers here on the site. I am talking about the majority. Ford really needs to get its dealers in line if it wants to recover. I love Fords, especially Mustangs, but going to a Ford dealer is below going to the dentist on my list.

Ford, the Company, could also do much better in allowing retail customers the ability to track their vehicles. It is 2010. Ford knows EXACTLY where a VIN is in the process, why not make this information available to the customer? I could write a database connection in just several days that would link to a customer portal.

i couldn't agree with you more ChrisSD

I love my 2010 shelby but hate what i had to go through, even 8 months later i still get angry when i think of what i had to go through with the dealer, its not the way it should be.There are many things that Ford needs to do, right now their doing good because their making cars people want but when it comes to fit and finish, and customer care, they need to make drastic changes.

Want to know why Ford dealers suck vs others like Merc, BMW, Audi and so on.

Because Ford hires retards plain and simple.

When you go to those other dealers they hire people with an education and some basic people skills and manors.

Think about how any of you act if you work in an office and a client comes in, this is how Ford dealers should treat you, but they don't because they are retarded, sad but true.

Bubba you see does not understand business 101

Want to know why Ford dealers suck vs others like Merc, BMW, Audi and so on.

Because Ford hires retards plain and simple.

When you go to those other dealers they hire people with an education and some basic people skills and manors.

Think about how any of you act if you work in an office and a client comes in, this is how Ford dealers should treat you, but they don't because they are retarded, sad but true.

Bubba you see does not understand business 101

Totally un-pc, but LMAO!

post-27876-127113418772_thumb.jpgpost-27876-127113416464_thumb.jpgpost-27876-127113395815_thumb.jpg

I'm still getting her broke in...but I think the launch control is going to be awesome. Based on what I've seen in drag strip testing the GT500 could really use it...too tough to get the full performance out of the car. The HUGE meats on the Grand Sport certainly help.

I was never expecting to get a GT500 in a month or two...but was certainly expecting to have a ballpark figure on when I would get the car. After waiting for two months and not even having a DORA (despite being told repeatedly I had the one allocation for three dealerships) I just wasn't willing to wait any longer.

I've attached a few picks taken at the dealership. Actually may end up as a fairly rare combo. Very few 4LT verts with manuals (unfortunately I haven't found the Burning Blue Star for Corvettes yet). The Torch Red is back this year...have always loved it.post-27876-127113388652_thumb.jpg

Finally, the dealer experience at Purifoy Chevrolet outside Denver was the absolute best I have ever experienced. Rollie (the owner) is on the Corvette Design team and has his own Corvette Showroom (in a town of 7,000 people)...been handling Vettes for 30 years. He sold 137 vettes in one year...that only happens with King Kong customer service. He spent almost 90 minutes BSing about cars with me. Not to mention they throw in Corvette jean jackets and a free car cover (I had no idea it was part of the deal...they GAVE them to me as thanks). A novel concept.

Unfortunately, I got hooked up with the wrong Ford dealer...but am certainly happy with the Vette! Again, good luck to all. I really enjoyed the forum...great people.

That is one bad-ass looking car. I don't know if any other GT500 owners have experienced this, but I can't for the life of me get a vette to so much as play with me :headscratch:

That is one bad-ass looking car. I don't know if any other GT500 owners have experienced this, but I can't for the life of me get a vette to so much as play with me :headscratch:

I must say, Vette interior is very unsportscar-like. Excellent exterior but the interior looks unimpressive!

I had one play with me on the Dallas Toll Road.

Bet he now wishes he didn't try with his girlfriend in the car. :hysterical3:

Archived