TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SVT Stripes or No Stripes?

Ezareth

2011 Black SVT Stripes  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What Striping package should I go with on my Black SVT Convertible

• Race Red with Ingot Silver Accents (Oem)
    • Stripe Delete (Oem)
    • Stripe Delete and add in Custom SVT Ingot Silver Stripes afterwards

I have an order in for the 2011 Black Convertible with the SVT Package. I really wanted Ingot Silver stripes but the only black SVT stripes are the race red. I'm on the fence about whether I should try to change to a stripe delete or not. Everyone I've told I'm getting Red stripes grimaces and says that is the worst color striping imaginable.

What do you guys think? If I get the stripe delete then my seats will also be one color black leather as well. I also think the SVT stripes show you have the SVT package. Should I go for the stripe delete and get a custom ingot silver SVT striping done or just go with a pure black car? Silver goes with black much better than red.

I have an order in for the 2011 Black Convertible with the SVT Package. I really wanted Ingot Silver stripes but the only black SVT stripes are the race red. I'm on the fence about whether I should try to change to a stripe delete or not. Everyone I've told I'm getting Red stripes grimaces and says that is the worst color striping imaginable.What do you guys think? If I get the stripe delete then my seats will also be one color black leather as well. I also think the SVT stripes show you have the SVT package. Should I go for the stripe delete and get a custom ingot silver SVT striping done or just go with a pure black car? Silver goes with black much better than red.

Well, I think someone else has mentioned this before on the forum. Order car with the stripes and they provide a template for the silver ones you want. Personally, I would want to see the black and red combo...but, I like red stripes.... I think the black coupes with red stripes are pretty nice looking. If you get the red stripe your seat stripe will be red? If so, you can have that dyed black...(from what I have read on this site)..

Edited by MichaelP

Well, I think someone else has mentioned this before on the forum. Order car with the stripes and they provide a template for the silver ones you want. Personally, I would want to see the black and red combo...but, I like red stripes.... I think the black coupes with red stripes are pretty nice looking. If you get the red stripe your seat stripe will be red? If so, you can have that dyed black...(from what I have read on this site)..

I don't mind the red seats, I kind of like them, but again I wish they were silver. I had my tonnaeu and interior trim custom painted with silver accents on my last car and it look pretty amazing.

I don't mind the red seats, I kind of like them, but again I wish they were silver. I had my tonnaeu and interior trim custom painted with silver accents on my last car and it look pretty amazing.

Does anyone have a picture of the 2010 GT500 with a tonnaeu? Any feedback on those tonnaeus?

Yea I wanted Grabber/SVT with red but they did not offer it this year so I just stripe deleted my order. As far as the seat striping it really doesn't matter to me. I will have my stripes painted on. That way I can do anything I want stripe wise. denohew

I have an order in for the 2011 Black Convertible with the SVT Package. I really wanted Ingot Silver stripes but the only black SVT stripes are the race red. I'm on the fence about whether I should try to change to a stripe delete or not. Everyone I've told I'm getting Red stripes grimaces and says that is the worst color striping imaginable.

What do you guys think? If I get the stripe delete then my seats will also be one color black leather as well. I also think the SVT stripes show you have the SVT package. Should I go for the stripe delete and get a custom ingot silver SVT striping done or just go with a pure black car? Silver goes with black much better than red.

I like the Black with Red stripes. I think it's rich and flasy at the same time. Guess that's why I ordered one. Waiting on a vin# now.

The SVT stripes look terrible because of how thin they are. I don't think I'd want ugly stripes just so people know my car has the SVT Package. The wheels give that away as well.

Edited by bpmurr

The SVT stripes look terrible because of how thin they are. I don't think I'd want ugly stripes just so people know my car has the SVT Package. The wheels give that away as well.

I thought so at first, but after seeing a couple of cars with the narrow stripe, I liked it. It also help my opinion when I found out that Ford went with the narrow stripe to be reminicent of the Ford GT race car which the GT500 engine heritage comes from and was completed with the addition of the aluminium block. So it's not just something they dreamed up to make a change. IMO :talkhand:

Get the stripes, they are nice and if you don't like them you can take them off and you still have the stripes on the seats. No body likes a boring one color seats, by the way how much was the SVT package?

Get the stripes, they are nice and if you don't like them you can take them off and you still have the stripes on the seats. No body likes a boring one color seats, by the way how much was the SVT package?

Stripes are free as they are a "standard" option on a Shelby. The Stripe Delete is also free.

The SVT package is 3495 I think, I got it at invoice price which was 3044 I think.

**Looks the overwhelming majority favor keeping the Red stripes. I guess I'll stick with that choice and see how I like it. Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by Ezareth