TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Under Belly Aerodynamics

Need a pic or at least a good description of what contitutes the "under belly aerodynamic shield" on our 2010 GT 500s. Curiously, my car was very early, and while upgrading rear suspension pieces, notices two threaded holes on each side near the rocker panels, under the car. Am I missing something on this car?

The threaded holes definitely look like they should have something attached to them....

Thanks folks!

Need a pic or at least a good description of what contitutes the "under belly aerodynamic shield" on our 2010 GT 500s. Curiously, my car was very early, and while upgrading rear suspension pieces, notices two threaded holes on each side near the rocker panels, under the car. Am I missing something on this car?

The threaded holes definitely look like they should have something attached to them....

Thanks folks!

2010 doesn't have it. Only 2011 with SVT Performance Package option.

Thanks Chris, but I thought that the 2010's had the underside aero stuff as well. Assume that it only is the small foot long plastic blades about halfway back?

The 2010's have *something* aero underneath. I've never looked but my owners manual warns me not to drive through standing water deeper than the sidewall of the tire and not to take it through a car wash with a inner guide rail because it will screw-up the air diverters (or some such language) under the car.

Maybe it's time to get the ramps out and look under the car!

Phill

There is nothing under there. 2010 Mustang GT has a thing there, not the GT500.

I'm pretty sure (not positive) that I got my information out of the GT500 supplement, not the Mustang owners manual.

But now I'm gonna have to go look and double check on that....

Made me look,

Phill

I'm pretty sure (not positive) that I got my information out of the GT500 supplement, not the Mustang owners manual.

But now I'm gonna have to go look and double check on that....

Made me look,

Phill

No, it does say that. There is no aero shield is all I am saying unless you count the chin spoiler as such. I have changed my oil 3 times, I would have noticed =D

No, it does say that. There is no aero shield is all I am saying unless you count the chin spoiler as such. I have changed my oil 3 times, I would have noticed =D

the threaded holes under the rockers are for the rear chassis braces that the convertibles come with- roadpig

Archived