TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fake Parts Look out for...........

I bought a pair of FR PBF badges and they were not the same as orig equiptment.

PBF 002.jpgPBF 001.jpgPBF 003.jpg

The black did not go over the edge and there were defects in the chrome lettering. Ever so slightly larger. Painted stripes.

The seller stated they were from a crate engine purchase. They returned my money, no problem. Are there knock offs out

there now because of astro prices on these parts? What else should we beware of?

maybe the crate eng. ones are different on purpose to help reduce cloaning. just my thinking on it. a second run with slight differences?

They were definatly thin chrome plastic with dips in the blue/ red stripe areas. My orig looks metal, although I've not had them off the car to inspect. You may be right. At first glance they looked accurate. If you inspect the pics you can see the paint out of line in many areas. They just did not seem "Ford" to me.

I bought a pair of FR PBF badges and they were not the same as orig equiptment.

post-10954-127107684847_thumb.jpgpost-10954-127107683243_thumb.jpgpost-10954-127107686884_thumb.jpg

The black did not go over the edge and there were defects in the chrome lettering. Ever so slightly larger. Painted stripes.

The seller stated they were from a crate engine purchase. They returned my money, no problem. Are there knock offs out

there now because of astro prices on these parts? What else should we beware of?

Sorry to hear that.

Dunno if those are real or not, but his one reason I'm also sympathetic to Ford and Shelby when they go after folks stealing their Intellectual Property.

As far as what else to be aware of: there are tons of bogus Walbro fuel pumps out there -- China-made and of far inferior quality. They even copy the lettering and inspection marks on the case ...virtually impossible to distinguish from a real Walbro on the outside (untill they fail, of course). If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Fortunately reputable dealers won't knowingly touch bogus parts for obvious reasons, but some of the knockoffs these days are so 'perfect' you have to know and trust your suppliers too.

Archived