TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cover

Look at California Car Cover.I just picked up the Ultraweave for my KR.Call them and let them know its a KR,the front needs to be taller and the rear lower than the GT500.Mine fits great and they get it to you in two weeks.

I have a cheap car cover, I would call it a dust cover. My car is inside and I like to cover it but the dust cover I have now is cheap and I'm afraid of the constant on & off of the cover that I am scratching the car. Does anyone know of a nice soft and not $300 car cover? Or do I have no choice?

California Car Covers has one called a dustop for about $200. I bought this for my GT-H about 2 years ago and it works quite well. I also have one of the Shelby Car Covers and it is probably a little better but also doulbe the money. It also takes a little longer to get on and off the car. The Dustop is a good cover for the money.

SVT

I have a cheap car cover, I would call it a dust cover. My car is inside and I like to cover it but the dust cover I have now is cheap and I'm afraid of the constant on & off of the cover that I am scratching the car. Does anyone know of a nice soft and not $300 car cover? Or do I have no choice?

I like the California Car Cover, the Dustop is perfect for indoor use and will not scratch your car, it's also easy to use.

I have the Shelby cover. When the discount codes are running 20%, you can get it around your price range. VERY soft material and it looks awesome in the vista blue color with the two silver stripes running down the middle of the entire cover. I need to order a red one for my KR, just haven't done it yet.

Whats wrong with sewing 3 cotton sheets together and using it as an indoor dust cover?

Better yet... if you have a fairly clean garage that is protected from the weather, why put a cover on the car at all? I was advised by the owner of a high-end body and detailing shop (Bentley, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, etc.) to avoid "dust" cover use in the garage, because over time the cover material puts micro-scratches in the clearcoat as it is placed on/off the car.

Better yet... if you have a fairly clean garage that is protected from the weather, why put a cover on the car at all? I was advised by the owner of a high-end body and detailing shop (Bentley, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, etc.) to avoid "dust" cover use in the garage, because over time the cover material puts micro-scratches in the clearcoat as it is placed on/off the car.

Even in the garage, my car gets dusty.

I absolutely agree.