TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT4986

andrewnagle1964

That's awesome news Andrew! happy%20feet.gif

I'm sure we'll all be keeping an eye out for a nice low mileage 07 for you. Thanks again for the deal on all the pulleys. If I wasn't buried in this build already, I'd buy up everything else you've got for sale too. Congrats on the payout and good luck finding another one!

Ken

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew, Breaks my heart to see the pics of your car, but like everyone else, glad your boy is OK!

Here's a couple links to some low mileage cars down here feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.

Black 07's in the Atlanta area :

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ctd/1655832620.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1679546293.html

$8K seems like a lot for what's left there... it looks like the engine got pushed back some or at least hit in the front and from the looks of the rims the rear suspension could be tweaked some too... I'm sure there are some good parts to salvage from it still, but curious what is there that's worth that much to you? Is the blower for sure OK?

That's good news to hear, your second one will be a better car because now you know what your doing.

Hagerty's is paying in full I had it insured for $58,000 ( really good to work with)

I owe Ford Credit $24,000 (that leaves $34,000)

negotiating buying it back on a scrap title waiting on their offer (would like to get it for less than $8,000)

Looking for a low mileage used 2007 for under $28,000

Decisions Decisions

Take Care

Andrew

That is one hell of an awesome insurance company. I am thinking I want to change my insurance to Hagerty I have American Family and I never told them about any of my mods so if something does happen I think I am screwing myself over.

Just out of curiosity what did you pay for insurance? I am paying $700 for a year but I also have $22,000 in Mods so I doubt they would cover any extra mods since I haven't mentioned this to them

Hagerty's is paying in full I had it insured for $58,000 ( really good to work with)

negotiating buying it back on a scrap title waiting on their offer (would like to get it for less than $8,000)

Decisions Decisions

Take Care

Andrew

I was talking to hagerty a couple of weeks ago and it sounded to good to be true. He said he really didn't need to see any reciept for the work done to the cars just the mileage. Is that true ?? They quoted me a thousand for a year insurance with all the same that allstate gives me. I already pay a 1,000.00 but sure allstate would never payout as much as you got.

Congrats Andrew

I was talking to hagerty a couple of weeks ago and it sounded to good to be true. He said he really didn't need to see any reciept for the work done to the cars just the mileage. Is that true ?? They quoted me a thousand for a year insurance with all the same that allstate gives me. I already pay a 1,000.00 but sure allstate would never payout as much as you got.

Congrats Andrew

$1,300 a year for $58,000 ( just renewed lat month and actually should have upped it to $65,000 ohhh well )

Must prove you have a car for each driver in family and that it is not a daily driver, sent photos when I got the policy but no receipts

For what it's worth, here is a link to 2007 Shelby GTs and GT 500s

http://cars.trovit.com/index.php/cod.search_cars/what_d.2007%20shelby%20gt/

Andrew, Breaks my heart to see the pics of your car, but like everyone else, glad your boy is OK!

Here's a couple links to some low mileage cars down here feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.

Black 07's in the Atlanta area :

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ctd/1655832620.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1679546293.html

Hey thanks to all for the leads.

$8K seems like a lot for what's left there... it looks like the engine got pushed back some or at least hit in the front and from the looks of the rims the rear suspension could be tweaked some too... I'm sure there are some good parts to salvage from it still, but curious what is there that's worth that much to you? Is the blower for sure OK?

Blower is golden !

Headers $1,500

IW balancer $400

Electric Water pump $300

Fore Fuel Rails $400

Moroso tanks $800

Spyder 1 piece drive shaft $300 ( Looks good but will need to re-balance)

Baer Rotors $600

Agebt 47 mirros $450

SHR louvers $450

Safecraft Fire extinguisher $600

Kicker speaker Upgrade $1200

sequential tail lights

mcGard Lug nuts $100

KR trunk liner $150

Painted rear end

FRPP 4.10 gears

FRPP Axle girdle

Welded axles

Vogtland Springs

Koni shocks ad struts (maybe drivers side front shot)

MMR Caster camber plates

Panhard bar

Panhard bar brace

LCA

UCA

3 good rims

Hurst Line lock

SOS A Pillar

Auto meter gauges

Raptor shift light

Chip Beck Hood Scoop (repairable)

stainless steel brake lines

Hawk Brake Pads

Shelby engine caps

JLT Carbon Fiber CAI

Thump RRR belt tensioner

SPP Pedals

SHR Fuel Door

Just to name a few

Thanks

Andrew

You should keep your parts! Your gonna want them for the "new" Shelby! happy%20feet.gif

I agree with SC! I was jokin' about you selling parts, we all KNOW you want another one!

Decisions Decisions

Take Care

Andrew

That was nice to hear! I pay $420 a year with Erie, but like Racer said they probably won't pay out what it's really worth.

yeah my wife did NOT either !!!

Take Care,

Andrew

in light of it all that one made me laugh!

Now for the big question.... how's your son and G/F doing?

Now that I have read everyone's kind comments and emails and had time to reflect......

You look at your 18 year and think they are an adult and they just aren't......I can't believe I let him drive the Shelby by himself even after many hours driving together he still was not ready.

I put my son in this situation and can only thank God he did not kill himself, his girlfriend or someone else. This has to be the worst decision I have ever made as a parent.

I loved that car and love my son more, I hope no other Team Shelby members have to learn this lesson, the hard way.

I am going to bed a sad father for the first time in my life

Take Care

Andrew

Andrew,

Glad your son and his companion are okay. Give him a big hug and be glad he is with you. You can look at it as an opportunity to build another car. Some people never get a chance to build one Shelby now you can say i built two. One of my clients was involved in an accident over the weekend that took the life of a young man.

Better to be in your shoes than theirs.

Thanks for sharing your story as I will certainly think twice before I let either of my two boys drive the SGT. Fortunately I have another 7 years to work out a plan.

Decisions Decisions

Take Care

Andrew

/quote]

Andrew I have a client that has a 2007 SGT all stock 4200 miles, he is asking $30,000 pm me and I will put the two of you in touch.

Document all of your mods, take pictures keep receipts, and make sure your company has your car covered for the correct value. If they won't cover it then switch to another company. I do this for a living make sure you have it covered. More importantly make sure your liability limits are set high enough to cover your assets. PM with questions. I am not trying to sell anything here just deal with this daily and I see too many people that try to save a $ only to get burned when they have a claim.

I'm thinking that those MM Caster/Camber plates are not going to bring that front end back into alignment...Just Kidding....

Ken, over 3K a year for insurance??? You must have a bad driving record or still be under 25 yoa...both? Geezzzzz, I have my SGT, my wife's 2010 GT and her son's Sonata on our policy and don't pay that much for all 3 per year...

I'm thinking that those MM Caster/Camber plates are not going to bring that front end back into alignment...Just Kidding....

Ken, over 3K a year for insurance??? You must have a bad driving record or still be under 25 yoa...both? Geezzzzz, I have my SGT, my wife's 2010 GT and her son's Sonata on our policy and don't pay that much for all 3 per year...

I'm 28 with a few tickets under my belt. My 30 year old wife, however, is another story. Her driving record is unbelievably terrible.

Regardless, it sounds like I need to do some more shopping around.

I'm 28 with a few tickets under my belt. My 30 year old wife, however, is another story. Her driving record is unbelievably terrible.

We use Allstate for the other cars, I have a horrendous driving record and my wife has never gotten a ticket she is 41 and I am 45. I would seriously look at moving your Shelby to a separate carrier and get it covered for what you have in it.

Take Care

Andrew

Yeah I wondering about that too. I couldn't believe you pay $3,000 a year for insurance for one car. I have 5 vehicles, one motorcycle and one Sled and I don't pay $3,000 a year for all of them together but I am 36 with no tickets and no accidents also I live in a rural area.

The more you share about your wife the more I like her I wish my chic would drive a little more crazy instead she drives like a grandma.

I called my insurance agent yesterday and told him that I have $20,000 in mods and that I want to make sure the car is covered so he said he was going to call the underwriter and make sure my car is covered up to $60,000 he said it might make the rate go up a little but not too much. So I think we all learned a valuable lesson from this mishap.

I know of a 2007 Shelby GT for sale in Coon Rapids, MN near my home.

Black / Silver Stripes - IUP - 5spd - Charcoal Leather. CSM# 07SGT3364

Looks like it's in all "Stock" condition - no A/M exhaust or mods done to it.

------

Edit:

I stand corrected - I just called them - they sold it Wednesday to someone in Minneapolis, MN.

I am sure you'll be able to track one down somewhere. Maybe you could find a 2008 SGT!

I know of a 2007 Shelby GT for sale in Coon Rapids, MN near my home.

Black / Silver Stripes - IUP - 5spd - Charcoal Leather. CSM# 07SGT3364

Looks like it's in all "Stock" condition - no A/M exhaust or mods done to it.

------

Edit:

I stand corrected - I just called them - they sold it Wednesday to someone in Minneapolis, MN.

I am sure you'll be able to track one down somewhere. Maybe you could find a 2008 SGT!

Thanks keeping an eye out for me !!!!

Andrew

Andrew,

I am glad that everyone was ok - the looks of your SGT - I would have guessed otherwise. Tin and Tires as I've read in another thread - the one's driving/riding inside can't be replaced. It's the chariot that they ride in which can be!

I just did a search on Autotrader.com for Shelby GT's and GT-H's - Any distance - Black - 2006-2007 - key words Shelby. . . . . . pulls up several GT500s but will catch the SGT's

I found several 2007 Shelby GT-H Convertibles - and a few 2006 GT-H's - but they are priced a little bit out of your $28,000 range.

I did find nearly 15 Black, 2007 Shelby GTs for sale either by dealerships or private sellers that are within your $28,000 range or $29,9XX

If you are willing to drive - you should be able to replace your SGT with something worth the $$$ and with reasonably low miles.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors! I hope you find one soon. Keep us posted!

Trevor

I am glad to hear they were all OK as material things can be replaced a son can not. I agree with you, the car is 100% totaled. If they were to repair it you'd never want it because it would have a CARFAX as a totaled car and never really drive they way "you" knew it. So move on to the GT350 or another Shelby.

All the best-

Swede

at least it looks like your hood scoop is still intact.

but seriously your son and his gf are lucky. lookin at that car sends chills up my spine.

The hood scoop was a Chip Beck scoop not a Shelby one.

The hood scoop was a Chip Beck scoop not a Shelby one.

Correcta mundo Chip Beck Scoop and it has a small crack but fixable. I am still waiting for a price to buy back the car they said by Tuesday I would have an offer.

Option 2 if the come in 2 high on the buy back is...........a 2010 Roush 540RH aka the Hammer with zero % for 72 months.....extremely tempting

Andrew

Archived