TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT4986

andrewnagle1964

I can't explain the emotions i experienced this morning....... my son totaled the Shelby at 11:30 am while taking his girlfriend for a ride around the neighborhood. Fortunately they both are alive and basically okay (broken wrist and lots of bruises) and no one else was involved.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Already called Hagerty Insurance and they are sending an adjuster out on Monday.

Several years ago my daughter asked me if I ever cried and I told her the only time I was going to cry was on her wedding day, today I cried.

Take Care

Andrew Nagle

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew, I am shocked and saddened by this news as I am aware how much you loved your car by your posts here. I am glad to hear that everyone is okay (relatively speaking), and I hope that you get over this loss as quickly as you can.

I agree with your inital assessment, it looks totaled.

Several years ago my daughter asked me if I ever cried and I told her the only time I was going to cry was on her wedding day, today I cried.

Take Care

Andrew Nagle

Andrew, I am so sorry. Thank god they're gonna be alright. Ultimately, it's just a car and can be replaced.

Dan

I usually come to this forum for some light reading and a few smiles.

Unfortunately, today is not one of those days.

Like everyone else, I am saddened by the loss of your Shelby!

It is good to know the injuries are not serious.

Best of luck in your future decisions about "what's next"

Very glad they are OK, does not look like responsible driving was involved here, lucky he hit a tree and not another person based on the pictures. Obviously I am basing this off the pictures, just my 2 cents.

You are spot on totally irresponsible driving, it is 60 feet off the road, I will get the police report on Monday but I figured he was pushing 60 and didn't make a left hand turn, the road has a slight drop off and looks like he went into the left lane and lost control trying to come back to the right. He has driven it often (always with me) and this was the first time without me. He is sure to lose his license for awhile and we are thanking the man above that no one else was involved and no one died.

Thanks for all the kind words

Andrew

My heart just sank a few inches in my chest. I'm thankful that no one was badly injured and sorry about the loss. As others have said, cars are easy to replace...loved ones can not be replaced.

Good luck to you, I'm not envious of the parenting to be done or of the loss of the car... I've got 6 more years to decide if I'm going to share my cars with the kiddos... not looking forward to making that decision!

Andrew...so sorry. I am glad everyone is OK. On the bright side now is a good time to have to replace a car due to the market.

Maybe he lifted in the corner and lost rear tire contact...reguardless I am sure he is feeling pretty bad.

Best wishes for you and your family. I totalled a few when I was younger and my nickname with my Dads friends was "crash". I once rearended a real nice 67 Mustang and had to go to the guys door and tell him, it was a mess, he was cool about it.

Thankfully no one was hurt. And he was sober so it happens. We had 3 kids die Easter weekend here going about 90 in the city into a pole at 4am Sunday morning. The driver had been cited a month earlier for hitting 4 parked cars totally loaded. One f the kids whio died and was not driving was a Mustang enthusiast. Sad part is in the comments on the newspaper website, the yuppies were blaming fast cars for the accident.

Again, Sorry Andrew, I know it seems distant now, but the outcome will be good in the end.

It is hard to be cool in these situations, but in the end our possessions are temporary anyway but compassion and understanding are eternal in our loved ones memories.

Wow! That's really sad Andrew. I can't begin to imagine the range of emotions you had to go through. As everyone else has said...just glad the kids are OK. The Shelby can be replaced and will, I'm sure.

Kids...we learn a lot from them, one way or the other :cry:

Jim

WOW! I am so sorry to see this...

First and most importantly, your son and his girlfriend are alive and ok! Thank God for that...

Secondly, if the car is totaled, take off as many of the mods that you can before you relinquish control and the title to the vehicle to either the insurance company or a salvage yard...

Thirdly, Good luck on finding your replacement Shelby and be thankful everyone is ok and that your car can be replaced...

Oh my god Andrew, I'm so sorry! This is unbelievable. I'm glad the kids are OK, but I'm certain the boy will feel awful about this for the rest of his life.

I hope you find another SGT to replace her with and that the insurance company gives you everything you're due. Good luck man.

Ken

Wow, I don't even know what to say that hasn't been already. Thankfully it was a single car accident and there wasn't a death involved other than your 4 wheeled mistress. Good luck finding another Shelby and one thing you could always consider is insurance check=deposit on GT350!

The main thing is that everyone is alright. Thanks God! And I agree with what others have said, your boy probably feels horrible about this. It will be a learning experience for him. Good luck with the insurance. I'm sure you'll be in another Shelby before you know it.

So sorry to read this, Andrew. Thank God your son and his friend are ok. I hope you are able to get another Shelby and stay with us in the club.

OMG! Thank the Lord that your son and the girl are ok....I'm very sorry for the loss of your Shelby, but you can always get another. My teen driver is not allowed to drive my Shelby at all. Not being mean, just safe, until she can take some serious driving courses. That and our insurance was unreal if she was listed as a driver on the car.... again, just glad everyone is safe and no one else was involved.

Very said day all things considered. Go easy on the boy, as this could have happened to any of us with one poor decision. I know I've made few bad calls and I'm very lucky I never hurt anyone of thing when I was behind the wheel. My guess is your son will be a lot more careful going forward.

Good luck,

J-

Andrew,

Kind at a loss for words and sick to my stomach for you. This is one thread I wish didn't exist. As hard as it is for me to say this...it is just a car. Hopefully you'll do ok with the Hagerty Ins. and you will be able to replace it. I don't know what I would do if this happened to me.

Take care

Archived