TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nicolas Cage lost his Home to Foreclosure

I just can't believe that these people in Sports and in Movies are really that STUPID when it comes to Money. Nicolas Cage must have made a Truck Load of Money for Gone In 60 Seconds as well as all of the other Movies he stared in, why would he even have a Mortage or Car Payments. Thats just stupid.

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/109284/buy-nic-cage-money-pit?mod=realestate-sell

I just can't believe that these people in Sports and in Movies are really that STUPID when it comes to Money. Nicolas Cage must have made a Truck Load of Money for Gone In 60 Seconds as well as all of the other Movies he stared in, why would he even have a Mortage or Car Payments. Thats just stupid.

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/109284/buy-nic-cage-money-pit?mod=realestate-sell

It amazes me everyday how much money is made buy sports players and a year after they retire their flat broke. I read an article where they pointed out the players and I have no compassion for them. I remember a sports player crying he couldn't live on 5 million a year and yes alot of players donate money and do charities. But inmagine if we took 1 million dollars from every actor ,actress and sports player. We could feed the world 2x's over and put clothes on child and of course education. There is alot of actors that are broke and just living off there name and when you see them come on these stupid shows like begging dogs. The best beggar was Greg brandy cant remember his real name but he was sad.

They spend everything before they even get it just like my old co-workers they would cash there check and walk around with in there pockets. Then they would ask me how, I can afford a house and nice cars. My answer its called saving and putting money into a bank account even one guy doesnt believe banks. SAD

I think there was a story about how his agent (or someone in a similar position) lost or took much of his money over recent years. He sold off much of his fantastic car collection and equally impressive comic book collection. It wasn't his lack of ability to manage money, bu ta matter of trusting the wrong person or persons.

I think there was a story about how his agent (or someone in a similar position) lost or took much of his money over recent years. He sold off much of his fantastic car collection and equally impressive comic book collection. It wasn't his lack of ability to manage money, bu ta matter of trusting the wrong person or persons.

I hope he can make by with only a million if not I will sell my car for him.

Sorry but Cage is to Blame.........If he can't manage his own Money, then HE has a problem and it's not just Him. Yeah, the Guy he chose to handle his Money should be in Jail if that person took it, like many of them do, but I still blame Cage.

It amazes me everyday how much money is made buy sports players and a year after they retire their flat broke. I read an article where they pointed out the players and I have no compassion for them. I remember a sports player crying he couldn't live on 5 million a year and yes alot of players donate money and do charities. But inmagine if we took 1 million dollars from every actor ,actress and sports player. We could feed the world 2x's over and put clothes on child and of course education. There is alot of actors that are broke and just living off there name and when you see them come on these stupid shows like begging dogs. The best beggar was Greg brandy cant remember his real name but he was sad.

They spend everything before they even get it just like my old co-workers they would cash there check and walk around with in there pockets. Then they would ask me how, I can afford a house and nice cars. My answer its called saving and putting money into a bank account even one guy doesnt believe banks. SAD

What really Pisses me off with the NFL Players is that, they are trying there best to get the Team Owners to give them a Retirement Plan with out having to pay into it.

What really Pisses me off with the NFL Players is that, they are trying there best to get the Team Owners to give them a Retirement Plan with out having to pay into it.

Just one more reason to hate them !! But the real problem is the people who pay to see them. Boycott the games for even half the season. Lets see what happens then.

They don't need a retirement plan they need a finacial planner or don't buy 8 houses.

Sorry but Cage is to Blame.........If he can't manage his own Money, then HE has a problem and it's not just Him. Yeah, the Guy he chose to handle his Money should be in Jail if that person took it, like many of them do, but I still blame Cage.

Tell that to all of the people that Bernie Madoff scammed.

... Golf icons cheat, big executives embezzle money, NBA players stage dog fights, etc. etc., and one looses a house?

These are normal people with a public spotlight.

talkhand.gif

Exactly, there are people to.

It's my understanding that Cage spent like it was never going to run out. But for many in prosports they are taken advantage of by the owners, friends, families, even fans.

Hear me out, I don't feel sorry fr these people but I have a friend who was drafted by an NFL team as a third string WR so I do have some perspective here. The NFL takes in young University players (who many of them skated through school and didn't learn much) feeds them the idea they are Gods and then doesn't educate them on how to manage their new found wealth (it's offered but not encouraged or required). I know; is it the NFL's duty to educate players on such things? Maybe, maybe not but would you hand a kid a loaded gun and not explain to him how to manage it safely? (Maybe not the best comparison). Kids entering the NFL or other prosports are generally not mature enough to know how to manage large sums of cash. How many people do you know in there early twenties, or even late teens would know how to manage a six figure plus income? Then, as in the case of my friend, are injured cannot play and the money stops rolling in. Luckily my friend is one of the few who actually went to class and studied, and has a natural gift for money so he is not hurting for cash.

It's the system that is flawed. And yes, the players as well as the fans are part of the system. The entertainment industry as a whole is way over paid in my opinion, but I keep paying in my $10 for a movie and $25-$50 for a game ticket (though these days, not as often as a used to.)

It's my understanding that Cage spent like it was never going to run out.

A few weeks ago it was reported that Nic Cage was suing his former business manager for $20 mil. Then there were stories going around about how he was broke and owed money to the IRS, which is funny because he made $40 million last year. Celebrities are always suing their business managers. Guys you pay to take care of your money are almost never worth what you pay them, but usually it’s because the celebrity grew up without any concept of money and the guy who takes care of it keeps them from ever having to think about it until it’s finally gone and they get blamed. On that note, here are some highlights from the Daily Beast article about all the ridiculous crap Nic Cage bought:

* At least two yachts and a gulfstream jet.

* Two private islands in the Bahamas.

* Paid $500,000 for a Lamborghini confiscated from the Shah of Iran which was worth $250 – 300,000

* “A dinosaur skull that Cage purchased in 2007 for $276,000 in a heated auction with Leonardo DiCaprio.”

* “In June 2004, he owned 18 motorcycles and 30 cars, a member of his entourage says. And that was on the low end: At another point, two sources say, the car total was around 50. At one point, Cage was snapping up cars at a rate of about “one per month.” [Ed. Note: not really that much if you're pulling $40 mil a year.]

* “Cage’s pet collection, which in addition to a handful of purebred dogs [tré lavish!], included rare birds and a host of lizards, snakes, and other creepy crawlies.” Also: an octopus.

* Two actual castles, one in Bath, England, and another in Etzelwang (hehe), Germany

* “He also had two albino King Cobras (Moby and Sheba), this person says, as well as ‘an antidote serum on the wall, so that if you got bit by a snake you could save yourself.’”

A few weeks ago it was reported that Nic Cage was suing his former business manager for $20 mil. Then there were stories going around about how he was broke and owed money to the IRS, which is funny because he made $40 million last year. Celebrities are always suing their business managers. Guys you pay to take care of your money are almost never worth what you pay them, but usually it’s because the celebrity grew up without any concept of money and the guy who takes care of it keeps them from ever having to think about it until it’s finally gone and they get blamed. On that note, here are some highlights from the Daily Beast article about all the ridiculous crap Nic Cage bought:

* Paid $500,000 for a Lamborghini confiscated from the Shah of Iran which was worth $250 – 300,000

* “A dinosaur skull that Cage purchased in 2007 for $276,000 in a heated auction with Leonardo DiCaprio.”

* “In June 2004, he owned 18 motorcycles and 30 cars, a member of his entourage says. And that was on the low end: At another point, two sources say, the car total was around 50. At one point, Cage was snapping up cars at a rate of about “one per month.” [Ed. Note: not really that much if you're pulling $40 mil a year.]

* “Cage’s pet collection, which in addition to a handful of purebred dogs [tré lavish!], included rare birds and a host of lizards, snakes, and other creepy crawlies.” Also: an octopus.

* Two actual castles, one in Bath, England, and another in Etzelwang (hehe), Germany

* “He also had two albino King Cobras (Moby and Sheba), this person says, as well as ‘an antidote serum on the wall, so that if you got bit by a snake you could save yourself.’”

= schmuck

A few weeks ago it was reported that Nic Cage was suing his former business manager for $20 mil. Then there were stories going around about how he was broke and owed money to the IRS, which is funny because he made $40 million last year. Celebrities are always suing their business managers. Guys you pay to take care of your money are almost never worth what you pay them, but usually it's because the celebrity grew up without any concept of money and the guy who takes care of it keeps them from ever having to think about it until it's finally gone and they get blamed. On that note, here are some highlights from the Daily Beast article about all the ridiculous crap Nic Cage bought:

* "A dinosaur skull that Cage purchased in 2007 for $276,000 in a heated auction with Leonardo DiCaprio."

* "In June 2004, he owned 18 motorcycles and 30 cars, a member of his entourage says. And that was on the low end: At another point, two sources say, the car total was around 50. At one point, Cage was snapping up cars at a rate of about "one per month." [Ed. Note: not really that much if you're pulling $40 mil a year.]

* "Cage's pet collection, which in addition to a handful of purebred dogs [tré lavish!], included rare birds and a host of lizards, snakes, and other creepy crawlies." Also: an octopus.

* "He also had two albino King Cobras (Moby and Sheba), this person says, as well as 'an antidote serum on the wall, so that if you got bit by a snake you could save yourself.'"

Come on - lay off the guy!

You all know that if you hit the lottery the first thing you'd buy would be a dinosaur skull and a couple of albino cobras!

He's just a regular guy like you and me.

hide.gif

hysterical.gif

Come on - lay off the guy!

You all know that if you hit the lottery the first thing you'd buy would be a dinosaur skull and a couple of albino cobras!

He's just a regular guy like you and me.

hide.gif

hysterical.gif

Not me, I'd would buy the skull of an albino dinosaur that was killed by a pair of Cobras! It doesn't matter if it was bitten or run over by the Cobras.

Ok, so Nicholas Cage was just on The Tonight Show and Jay compliments him for throwing great parties at his house with lots of Hollywood guests and tons of food. There was no mention of the foreclosure or if future parties will still occur there, at the local bowling alley or at a rented VFW hall. Cage tells Leno that his favorite "Batman" actor is Adam West. They also had 2 film clips of his new movie "Kick Ass" where Cage plays Big Daddy in a "Batman-inspired" costume kicking bad guy butt. After that Adam West (the ORIGINAL Batman) comes on stage and goes up against Cage in a "Batman" trivia contest that Adam West wins 4-3. Don't you think he would've made enough from this movie to at least bring his Bel-Air mortgage current??? Oh wait, he supposedly had 3 mortgages outstanding against this property totalling over $16 million and he is behind almost $15 million in back taxes to the IRS...Dude, you seriously need some financial help. Can I give you a call???

Archived