TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help . Downloading tune off the net

CobraKaz

Can anyone help me with this as i am not the most " Savy " with computers .

I had a Tune sent to me from Jared at Lethal . I want to make sure the Tune is loaded on to the hand held before i go ahead and do the pulley swap .

I,m not sure how to get it from the file he sent on to the SCT X3 . I think i may have it but is there any way to check ? Thanks for any help .

Can anyone help me with this as i am not the most " Savy " with computers .

I had a Tune sent to me from Jared at Lethal . I want to make sure the Tune is loaded on to the hand held before i go ahead and do the pulley swap .

I,m not sure how to get it from the file he sent on to the SCT X3 . I think i may have it but is there any way to check ? Thanks for any help .

Im not as savy as some, but since you havent gotten a response,Ill see if i can help. First, find the file on your PC. If you dont know the name , go to search by left clicking on the start button,and out in *.*, and where it asks you where to look say my computer, then it asks when it was created, and say today or whenevr. Once you find the file, use the cable that connects the SCT to your computer--its probably a USB cable,hopefully. Connect the SCT to your computer and some programs will take over from here.If not, it probaly is an a *.exe file from Lethal---you should be able to just left click on the exe file and it'll load it up for you.Id call Jared and ask him how hed do it, but first thing id make sure of is it on your pc and what type of file is it. Another thought is go to explore by left clciking on satrt again, then go to my computer, and with the hand held tuner connected, look on your computer for a detachable file, itll be somethng like H--click on it and it should show the software on the hand held--hope this helps

I wouldn't call myself savy, but I've done it 100 times.

Save Jared's tune to a location that's easy to get to. I save all my tunes in a folder I created in my documents menu.

Download the attached updater software to your PC or laptop. Plug in your SCT and follow the "load custom tune" instructions. Very easy.

On a side note, make sure you always check the SCT site for firmware updates. The instructions are in the updater also. Good luck.

http://www.sctflash.com/software/SCTDeviceUpdater.exe

I wouldn't call myself savy, but I've done it 100 times.

Save Jared's tune to a location that's easy to get to. I save all my tunes in a folder I created in my documents menu.

Download the attached updater software to your PC or laptop. Plug in your SCT and follow the "load custom tune" instructions. Very easy.

On a side note, make sure you always check the SCT site for firmware updates. The instructions are in the updater also. Good luck.

http://www.sctflash.com/software/SCTDeviceUpdater.exe

I checked the SCT site yesterday and on there it says to put the car back to stock tune before downloading updates . I didn,t do it because i,m not sure what i,m doing. Jareds file came through ZIPPED . I did get it onto the the SCT unit but does it Unzip itself ?

If you use the SCT Device Updater the home screen for that has a import custom tune button you can select.

Also if you are having trouble with the SCT program opening on your computer..(like I did) you may have to disable any spyware or virus software you have running on your computer before you start.

Also note you can rename the tune before you install it to the SCT hand device. I named mine "Offroad X" because it is for an off-road catless X-pipe.

This way if there are other tunes on the device you can pick out the custom tune very easy.

Todd

I checked the SCT site yesterday and on there it says to put the car back to stock tune before downloading updates . I didn,t do it because i,m not sure what i,m doing. Jareds file came through ZIPPED . I did get it onto the the SCT unit but does it Unzip itself ?

Good point. The software will remind you but I forgot about that.

If you use the SCT Device Updater the home screen for that has a import custom tune button you can select.

Also if you are having trouble with the SCT program opening on your computer..(like I did) you may have to disable any spyware or virus software you have running on your computer before you start.

Also note you can rename the tune before you install it to the SCT hand device. I named mine "Offroad X" because it is for an off-road catless X-pipe.

This way if there are other tunes on the device you can pick out the custom tune very easy.

Todd

I got to the Import File section and , managed to get the Zipped tune on to the hand held. What i,m not sure about is , when i go to load the tune onto the car , will it be compressed or will it Uncompress .

Told you , i,m not that good with Puters !!

I got to the Import File section and , managed to get the Zipped tune on to the hand held. What i,m not sure about is , when i go to load the tune onto the car , will it be compressed or will it Uncompress .

Told you , i,m not that good with Puters !!

i dont see how the SCT would load a zipped file, but if your not sure whats in the SCT, hook up the SCT to your pc,turn it on, then go to explore (go t start thenleft click, click explore,choose my compuetr, then look for another hard drive besedies your normal ones, and clcik on thet to see what software is there.Itll show a zipped file if it loaded that way---bob

i dont see how the SCT would load a zipped file, but if your not sure whats in the SCT, hook up the SCT to your pc,turn it on, then go to explore (go t start thenleft click, click explore,choose my compuetr, then look for another hard drive besedies your normal ones, and clcik on thet to see what software is there.Itll show a zipped file if it loaded that way---bob

OK , ihave the device plugged in to the computer .

I go to the SCT Updater screen .There are 3 options under Basic Operations . Load Custom tune file , Update Firmware and Transfer file to device .

Should i go to Transfer File to device ?

OK , ihave the device plugged in to the computer .

I go to the SCT Updater screen .There are 3 options under Basic Operations . Load Custom tune file , Update Firmware and Transfer file to device .

Should i go to Transfer File to device ?

Id PM mullens and see what he thinks.I looked at the instructions,and it looks to me like the transfer file would put it back to stock,--when you load up your SCXT itll hold the stock tune on the sct so you can out it back to stock, like when you bring it in for service.Always put it back beacuse when they service your car,if thers a later software version, they make go to update your computer, and if you have the custom tune in your car, it may destroy it.,, to me it looks like youd want the custom tune option--but Ive never worked with a SCT unit,so ask Mullens,or contact SCT---bob

Id PM mullens and see what he thinks.I looked at the instructions,and it looks to me like the transfer file would put it back to stock,--when you load up your SCXT itll hold the stock tune on the sct so you can out it back to stock, like when you bring it in for service.Always put it back beacuse when they service your car,if thers a later software version, they make go to update your computer, and if you have the custom tune in your car, it may destroy it.,, to me it looks like youd want the custom tune option--but Ive never worked with a SCT unit,so ask Mullens,or contact SCT---bob

Well , i saved the Tune from Lethal and then Unzipped it .

Plugged in the SCT and it says it downloaded the file .

I checked the SCT and it shows it being there so i guess i have it !!!

Thanks all . I guess its the same as anything else , te more you play with these devices , the easier it all becomes .

Thanks again for the help .

Archived