TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Muffler delete

CobraKaz

Has anyone tried going the Muffler delete route for the exhaust on the 2010.s ?

Just wondering what the sound would be like . I just watched a clip on Youtube with the Hennesey Camaro 550 and that car sounded pure EVIL .

I know they were using Corsa,s but i wanna hear a Shelby with the Deleted Mufflers to see if they sound as EVIL .

Just wondering what the sound would be like . I just watched a clip on Youtube with the Hennesey Camaro 550 and that car sounded pure EVIL .

I know they were using Corsa,s but i wanna hear a Shelby with the Deleted Mufflers to see if they sound as EVIL .

I have the Pypes Pype Bombs on mine. They are a muffer delete. The first set I had droned a lot. They sent me a new style and it's like night and day. There is only a small amount of drone around 2k.

Here is a quick video I did. I'm going to do a better one soon where I really get into it.

I have the Pypes Pype Bombs on mine. They are a muffer delete. The first set I had droned a lot. They sent me a new style and it's like night and day. There is only a small amount of drone around 2k.

Here is a quick video I did. I'm going to do a better one soon where I really get into it.

Now thats the sound i,m looking for . Any chance of another Fly by but a little louder and longer ?

I just listened on youtube to a 2007 GT500 that had a Kooks full exhaust system put on it plus , it was run on a Dyno at JDM before and after . 480 rwhp before 524 rwhp after !!! ALSO , the car picked up an extra 68ft lb,s of torque . I thought the general consensus was these cars don,t pick up much power with exhaust swap .

A few of us have done the Roush Off-Road deletes.........and love them. Do a search and you find the threads/videos.

I haven't heard a GT500 or Mustang with muffler delete but have heard a few Mustangs with cut-out, while at idle and slow speed the sound is very deep and awesome when you get on it the sound doesn't match the car speed. It sounds as if you're going 100 while barely getting down the road. Also I'd think a muffler delete would be simlar to a H pipe or X pipe with no cats there is alot of popping from lack of back pressure, just something to keep in mind if you like the popping more power to ya.

I've not modified my exhaust yet but am considering going to KRs. The other thought I had was to look at the 2011 exhaust (2.75") and mufflers, it sounds good in the video clip I saw of the 2011's.

I have thought about an electric exhaust cutout for my 67 GTA but your thread makes me think I should at least consider it for my 2010. Here is a cool set up http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php check out the video. QTEC50CP is the kit for 2.5" exhausts, it lists for $425 bucks. Seems like an interesting way to go, get stock sound or use other mufflers of choice but still get the open exhaust option with the flick of a switch.

I can only imagine how sick the Shelby will sound with an open exhaust.

I have cutouts...

:)

If you get them, get the kit from < Race Ready Performance >. They are a little more expensive but they're warrantied FOR. LIFE. Believe me, I did a huge amount of research before I went with them - QTP, Jegs, Summits, Pypes, all of them.

How,s the sound ?

I personally want to drive the car on the street with a little more " aggressive " sound .

The ct outs may be a little to loud for this .

Anyone put the cut outs After the cats ?

How,s the sound ?

I personally want to drive the car on the street with a little more " aggressive " sound .

The ct outs may be a little to loud for this .

Anyone put the cut outs After the cats ?

My cutouts are after the cats. Honestly, it's just like running muffler deletes except that you have a toggle switch. You can run the cutouts anywhere from completely closed, to 10%, 40% (whatever), to fully open, so you can manipulate them to get anywhere from the stock sound to vibrating the car. Plus, the exhaust dumps down onto the ground before the axle, so you get a nice resonance from the reflection.

I will try and get a video.

It's probably been addressed already, but wouldn't having the cutouts open require a new tune? seems like that would affect things more than headers would, and headers would need a tune, right?

If you ran the cutouts pre-cat or before the O2 sensors, then yes, you would totally jack up the readings the O2 sensors need to see things "normal." You would indeed see a CEL if they were completely open before the O2 sensors and have tuning issues, not to mention a REALLY raw sound (like running open headers).

I ran my post-cat just for that reason. The MAF is able to compensate for the small change in flow, and the cats actually clean up the sound nicely, IMO.

Here's a video. It's not very good quality but 1) I didn't have a camera man to take drive-by's, and 2) first time every making a video.

I'm waiting to get some better ones in the next week or two.

SicShelby - Cutouts

Now thats the sound i was looking for . Kinda " Raspy " and not too loud , just enough to make bystanders look .How hard was the install ?

Now thats the sound i was looking for . Kinda " Raspy " and not too loud , just enough to make bystanders look .How hard was the install ?

The install was maybe a three on a scale of 1-10, depending on your experience.

You first need to figure out where you want to place the y-pipe, and the only spot that I could see that was most feasible was mounting them so that the y-pipes could kind of swing up between the rear floor board and the gas tanks. I was somewhat apprehensive to mount them there (with the gas tanks) but decided to do so because there was really no where else unless I wanted to redo some exhaust. It ended up being okay because the downturns that are mounted to the cutouts direct the exhaust down and away from the gas tank. I put some reflective aluminum tape on the gas tanks for good measure...

So, what you'll do is get the car up on jack stands or a lift and cut out about a foot of pipe. They tell you to cut out the length of the y-pipe, but I cut out a little less so that I had some play room and I could move the y-pipes forward and backward about an inch or so, so that I could get the positioning just right. After you've cut, slip on the y-pipes and then strap them in with the band straps. Mount the cutouts on the y-pipes, and then all you have to do is run the wiring.

I ran the wiring up through the opening where the shifter comes up through the tranny. I took the console out and marked, drilled, and then filed the plastic to mount the switch. Once that was done, I ran the positive and ground wire out the console and over to the fuse box on the passenger side. You'll need about a foot or two of extra wiring if this is the route you go. There is a ground right above the fuse box, so I just crimped the connector and undid the nut, and screwed it in.

One precaution I need to add though, is whether or not you're lowered. If you ARE, then you need to be careful over speed bumps, etc., because they cutouts sit a titch low. If you still have the stock height you would still want to be cautious, but not so much as if you had a drop. This is the only draw back after the install versus a true muffler delete.

Here's the kit. I recommend that you substitute the down turns that only allow an angle change by turning them according to the bolts, with the ones that allow you to swivel them 180 degrees. I also had to cut off a decent portion of the the down turns to get the clearance that I wanted.

P1040837.jpg

This is where I mounted them:

Exhaust.jpg

I mounted the switch above the ambient lighting button:

P1040839.jpg

And like I said... I will get more pictures and video maybe next weekend if the weather's nice.

Will try and get a clip, not sure I really like the new tone. It seems less refined and more truckish. I hope it sounds better outside than in. With the windows up it is very bassy and penetrating. Start up is nice and crisp, and acceleration is nice but it just seems not as refined as the stock svt units. Maybe some dyno mat in the trunk will help.

Will try and get a clip, not sure I really like the new tone. It seems less refined and more truckish. I hope it sounds better outside than in. With the windows up it is very bassy and penetrating. Start up is nice and crisp, and acceleration is nice but it just seems not as refined as the stock svt units. Maybe some dyno mat in the trunk will help.

Any sound clips yet ? I also heard the SSS system from their website . Sounded OK

That kind of the problem with the clips, it doesnt do it justice, its loud, almost over powering loud, and this is coming form somone who used to drive a 454 camaro with 4 inch exhaust. Something about the way the sounds comes into the cabin via the trunk is killing me.

That kind of the problem with the clips, it doesnt do it justice, its loud, almost over powering loud, and this is coming form somone who used to drive a 454 camaro with 4 inch exhaust. Something about the way the sounds comes into the cabin via the trunk is killing me.

A fellow work colleague came over last night . He has a 2007 GT500 with JLT intake and a pulley and is running Rousch axle backs .

The only thing better than the SCREAM of the supercharger is the sound of that exhaust , AWESOME .

Archived