TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SWAY BAR NOISE

Hello all.

I have had a "squishing" noise out of my rear sway bar for some time now. I took into the dealer and, after 2 months of back and forth with Shelby; the part is not covered under any warranty. The dealer said that noise in performance suspension parts is normal and I will have to live with it.

Well, I don't want to "live with it". Does anyone know where to purchase the rear sway bar bushings without the swaybar kit?

Thanks,

Joe

^You ought to be able to purchase them directly from a Ford Racing dealer. It's a Ford Racing part.

The dealer I bought the car from is a Ford Racing center, but they said that the bushings are not sold seprately; they would have to purchase the entire upgrade kit just for the bushings. This is why neither Ford or Shelby will warranty it.

The noise is to be expected, as per the Shelby manual....however, I would think that you would be able to find standard rubber bushings for that application...hopefully. I'm lucky...my hearing is not the best so I doubt I would ever notice!! :hysterical:

Archived