TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone installed the Red Line hood struts on their Super Snake?

These struts look like they work great!!

Any feedback?

Thanks, Robert

Had them installed on my car last summer. If you check out the website, the photos and video show them installed on my car. So far, so good. I was just glad to get rid of the prop rod!

Edited by MustBD2

Had them installed on my car last summer. If you check out the website, the photos and video show them installed on my car. So far, so good. I was just glad to get rid of the prop rod!

I did look at the website pictures and the installation looks great. Was any drilling required? Can you post some closeups, especially where the struts connect to the hood and to the body?

I did look at the website pictures and the installation looks great. Was any drilling required? Can you post some closeups, especially where the struts connect to the hood and to the body?

I have them on my SS, so far so good. They look factory, work great, you have to drill 3 holes in the hood on each side, I wouldn't want to go back to the stock hood prop.

I have them on my SS, so far so good. They look factory, work great, you have to drill 3 holes in the hood on each side, I wouldn't want to go back to the stock hood prop.

What holes have to be drilled in the car or front fender (right and left) at the other end of the strut? Could you please post some pictures? especially pictures showing the mounting brackets?

Thanks, R

I also added the Elite (stainless steel) lifts to the trunk lid. Really like the match between the hood struts and trunk. Not something everyone will notice or care about, but it works well for my taste.

I noticed that Red Line has a discount for the Elite package, hood and trunk. Do the rear lifts require any mods to the car? or do they install in factory positions with factory hardware?

Does the trunk on our cars even have struts? I haven't had the trunk open in months, and the car is in a position where I can't even get close to the trunk. If it does, then I refer to my questions above............

Thanks, Robert

Edited by Robert M

What holes have to be drilled in the car or front fender (right and left) at the other end of the strut? Could you please post some pictures? especially pictures showing the mounting brackets?

Thanks, R

Sorry I don't have any pics, I'll try to get some. There are 3 holes on each side of the hood you have to drill for rivets to hold the bracket on, and 1 hole down on the inside of the fender for the bottom bracket. Try looking on redlines site for pics, they have a kit just for the SS, It fit's great and works awesome

I noticed that Red Line has a discount for the Elite package, hood and trunk. Do the rear lifts require any mods to the car? or do they install in factory positions with factory hardware?

Does the trunk on our cars even have struts? I haven't had the trunk open in months, and the car is in a position where I can't even get close to the trunk. If it does, then I refer to my questions above............

Thanks, Robert

You just swap out the factory rear lifts for the matching redline tuning lifts. No modifications req'd. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Thanks, Robert

I have the Reline kit on my SS. I did the elite package. The truck lifts are kinda a waste. Same exact thing as stock except they are stainless. When I bought mine I did not remember the trunk already had struts. I love the hood shocks.