TEAM SHELBY FORUM

United Airlines Breaks Guitars!

Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United damaged his treasured Taylor guitar during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar.

During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for Youtube exposing their lack of cooperation.

The Manager responded : "Good luck with that one, pal".

So he posted a retaliatory music video on Youtube. The video has since received over 8.3 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video.

Naturally his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal".

The Taylor Guitar Company sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has lead to a sharp increase in orders.

Taylor Guitars, CNN and other news media organizations got involved (see other YouTube clips).

Here's the video – it's worth watching especially if you like Country & Western music. .....

Its a good tune and the video has definitely gone viral. Here are a couple of more music videos he has done.

His response to United's so called "apology" but they won't fix the guitar.

He has apparent received tons of emails from other people with similar stories so he wrote this funny music video.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

Congratulations to Mr. Carroll for sticking it back in the craw of one more corporation who thinks that they can get away with this kind of unjust behavior towards their customers! Although I agree with Ingram4868 that they won't learn from this incident in the long run, the fact that it makes them uncomfortibile now is worth Mr. Carroll's efforts.

With the advent of the interent, the universe is not as big as it use to be (figuratively speaking), and the little guy can have a voice.

Mr. Carroll, I salute you! salute.gif

Salbo, I really want to thank you for sharing this story and Dave's video(s) with us here. salute.gif

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

Congratulations to Mr. Carroll for sticking it back in the craw of one more corporation who thinks that they can get away with this kind of unjust behavior towards their customers! Although I agree with Ingram4868 that they won't learn from this incident in the long run, the fact that it makes them uncomfortibile now is worth Mr. Carroll's efforts.

With the advent of the interent, the universe is not as big as it use to be (figuratively speaking), and the little guy can have a voice.

Mr. Carroll, I salute you! salute.gif

Salbo, I really want to thank you for sharing this story and Dave's video(s) with us here. salute.gif

I'm with ya son. It would not surprise me if United changed their policy to no longer allow guitars on there flights or some other stupid decision.

For all of us that spend way too much time in airplanes, this is great. I would love to have heard some of the internal conversations that must have taken place at United.

Thanks for posting!!

Archived