TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whipple Question

I have a 2008 SGT and came across a Whipple HO kit for a good price; however, it’s for a 2007. Is the only major difference with 07/08 kits just the air cleaner assembly? I know the 08’s are supposed to have a closed system while the 07’s are open. Thanks for the help guys.

I believe you are correct. The air filter assembly is the only difference. Assuming it is a new kit, when you request your tune from Ford Racing/Whipple, you can get the tune for your 08 with the open '07 filter. I purchased a 05-06 Whipple kit for my '07. There were actually a few differences and I had no problems purchasing the '07 parts directly from Whipple.

I was of the impression that the High Flow Closed Element intake on the 2008 kit was just as "free flowing" as the open air element on the 2007 kit.

It's a matter of looks then. Does the "Stock" look of the closed element intake box suit your desires, or do you want the "wow factor" of the open element intake?

I guess - If I was to spend the $$$ on the Supercharger - I'd want all the "wow factor" presented when the hood was openend. Even if that meant that I had to purchase something post GT/SC Mod Shop install of the supercharger.

Trevor

The 2008 version had to have the enclosed filter element to meet the carb certification for all 50 states. The 07 version did not require this. The kits are otherwise the same besides tune, and filter.

Chris

The 2008 version had to have the enclosed filter element to meet the carb certification for all 50 states. The 07 version did not require this. The kits are otherwise the same besides tune, and filter.

Chris

This.

Archived