TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original KR paperwork

Mustang Scotty asked me what original paperwork came with the KR.

Here is the paperwork as best I can reconstruct.

1. KR certificate of authenticity

2. GT500 window sticker noting "Not Legal for Sale" noting the car was shipped through Shelby Automobiles Las Vegas then shipped to the original dealer where the KR was sold.

3. Shelby American window sticker for the KR

4. Select Dealer letter from Ford Marketing noting the inclusion of the Certificate of Authenticity.

5. Shelby GT500KR supplement owners manual in addition to the standard manuals and booklets for the GT500.

6.Shelby Automobiles invitation to purchase GT500KR print artwork signed by CS

7. Shelby watch advertisment.

8. Zmax pamphlet

9. Blue Shelby Automobiles "As altered" sticker on door jam drivers side.

10. Team Shelby poster card reminding you to register your KR with Team Shelby.

Other special items. KR ID plate under hood and on dash, brake duct cooling kit in truck, 2 Wheel lock key tools with instructions in glove box.

While some of the seemingly non important poster cards for the artwork etc..may seem unimportant now they could be important to collectors in years to come as they did come with the car on original purchase.

If anyone got anything not listed please post.

:salute:

Edited by REAL ONE

Today I received everything but, 6,7,8,10. I havent looked for 9. And 1. I believe is the SVT cert. And I did not see any wheel lock tools. Im going to have to look tomorrow, Thanks for the info.

2. GT500 window sticker noting "Not Legal for Sale" noting the car was shipped through Shelby Automobiles Las Vegas then shipped to the original dealer where the KR was sold.

4. Select Dealer letter from Ford Marketing noting the inclusion of the Certificate of Authenticity.

5. Shelby GT500KR supplement owners manual in addition to the standard manuals and booklets for the GT500.

8. Zmax pamphlet

Other special items. KR ID plate under hood and on dash, brake duct cooling kit in truck, 2 Wheel lock key tools with instructions in glove box.

While some of the seemingly non important poster cards for the artwork etc..may seem unimportant now they could be important to collectors in years to come as they did come with the car on original purchase.

• 1 year later...

I believe you named all the paperwork, I can't think of anything else.

I don't know where you could find any of this paperwork if you don't have it. Some people have gone back to the dealership to find it, but sometimes it is taken before the car is sold at the dealership...

It would be nice if SVT would offer the certificates for the KR that were included with the cars later as a sale incentive. I am certain just about every KR owner would be willing to purchase one.

Edited by 08KR525

It would be nice if SVT would offer the certificates for the KR that were included with the cars later as a sale incentive. I certain just about every KR owner would be willing to purchase one.

You should have gotten that when you purchased your KR.

You should have gotten that when you purchased your KR.

I did get one with the purchase of the red KR I made this year. However the certificates from SVT weren't available when I purchased my black one. I think I missed it by a month! :rant:

• 8 months later...

8. Zmax pamphlet

Anyone know anything about items 1 and 4? Is the KR certificate of authenticity and the dealer letter noting it, the same certificate one can get from Shelby, or is it a different certificate from SVT? What does it look like, can it be ordered or was it part of a promotional event?

Anyone know anything about items 1 and 4? Is the KR certificate of authenticity and the dealer letter noting it, the same certificate one can get from Shelby, or is it a different certificate from SVT? What does it look like, can it be ordered or was it part of a promotional event?

I believe that those were sent to dealers still sitting on the '09 models by the end of the model year. I guess that the idea was supposed to help dealers move the cars along...

I received those with my KR, purchased near the end of '09. I never did get a couple of items (6,7,8), but I'm not worried about those, either.