TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Substitute for CS8 hood?

i8acobra

My car is currently at one of the Ford dealers here in Vegas due to a front end collision. I wanted to due the whole CS8 body conversion, but the dealer just told me that all of the parts are available except the hood. Apparently Shelby is out of them and the supplier went belly up. They say they hope to have more soon, but are currently still looking for a new supplier. Do people from Shelby browse this forum? I'd like to know if there are any other Shelby hoods available? Maybe an SC hood or a Terlingua? Some people have suggested I do a GT500 conversion, but I don't like the idea of my 300HP car trying to look like a 500HP car. Kind of a poseur move.

Any suggestions?

PS: Car is an '08 GT/CS, so it already has a Shelby rear bumper.

My car is currently at one of the Ford dealers here in Vegas due to a front end collision. I wanted to due the whole CS8 body conversion, but the dealer just told me that all of the parts are available except the hood. Apparently Shelby is out of them and the supplier went belly up. They say they hope to have more soon, but are currently still looking for a new supplier. Do people from Shelby browse this forum? I'd like to know if there are any other Shelby hoods available? Maybe an SC hood or a Terlingua? Some people have suggested I do a GT500 conversion, but I don't like the idea of my 300HP car trying to look like a 500HP car. Kind of a poseur move.

Any suggestions?

PS: Car is an '08 GT/CS, so it already has a Shelby rear bumper.

CS6, CS8, and the GTH hoods are all the same. The Terlingua deep draw hood was modeled off of that hood with the difference that it has functional heat extractors molded into it. That would be an approprate replacement for your damaged hood.

And yes, Shelby staff does browse this forum.

I believe that just applies to Super Snake or KR parts. All others are available to anyone with the money. According to Shelby, only reason why I can't get the CS8 hood is because they don't have any.

Besides, although my car isn't badged a Shelby, as a California Special it has Shelby GT front and rear bumpers. Just want to replace my Shelby GT front end with a Shelby CS8 front end.

I believe that just applies to Super Snake or KR parts. All others are available to anyone with the money. According to Shelby, only reason why I can't get the CS8 hood is because they don't have any.

Besides, although my car isn't badged a Shelby, as a California Special it has Shelby GT front and rear bumpers. Just want to replace my Shelby GT front end with a Shelby CS8 front end.

You can only purchase a deep draw hood if you have CSM # . Sorry you can not get the CS8 hood I guess you will have to get the same hood your car came with or some other after market hood . Good luck with your search.

Scotty

I don't NEED a Terlingua hood, just want a Shelby hood of some sort to go with the other CS8 parts. The car came with Shelby parts and I want it to still have Shelby parts after the repairs. Maybe I'll just go with a stock hood and get the Shelby scoop instead of the Ford scoop the car came with. I'm going to drive to Shelby tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

I don't NEED a Terlingua hood, just want a Shelby hood of some sort to go with the other CS8 parts. The car came with Shelby parts and I want it to still have Shelby parts after the repairs. Maybe I'll just go with a stock hood and get the Shelby scoop instead of the Ford scoop the car came with. I'm going to drive to Shelby tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

The GT/CS comes with a ford scoop. Not a Shelby scoop unless someone put an aftermarket scoop on or are you saying your car had a CS8 hood before you crashed it ? :headscratch:

Scotty

Just to be clear here, the California Special does NOT have any SHELBY parts on it....the front and rear bumpers are FORD parts, not SHELBY parts. The Shelby GT's came with the California Special Front and Rear bumpers as a special order from FORD...I also doubt that Shelby will sell you a Shelby GT hood scoop without your car having a Shelby CSM#. That part is strictly SHELBY for the Shelby GT only....

Good luck on getting your car repaired, but if it were me, I'd keep it as the California Special as those are unique cars in themselves....

Carl

Well, the nice thing about living in Vegas is that I can drive up there and ask them what they will and won't sell me. To be clear... The car came from the factory as a CS with the GT appearance package which includes the Ford scoop (didn't say it came with a Shelby scoop). The front end was hit and I was going to do a complete CS8 conversion, including the whole front end and side scoops. I plan on keeping the CS rear bumper because I like it more than the CS8 rear bumper. I have been informed that although Shelby will sell me all of the parts I'm asking for, they are out of hoods. To complete the front end, I don't want CS8 everything with a standard Ford hood. I would like some kind of Shelby hood or scoop or something that isn't OEM Ford. I'm considering a Seibon carbon fiber CD or CL style hood, but would prefer something made by Shelby. If I go carbon fiber, it will be painted since I thing raw CF looks kinda "ricey".

I've already ruled out Steeda, Roush and Saleen front ends due to the fact that I just don't like the way any of them look.

Try the mod shops (Tasca & Quantum) or some of the Shelby Authorized Dealers, there is one in Phoenix but I don't know the name. One of those shops may have one stashed away. If you can find one you are right you can purchase the CS6/8 SGT-H hood and not have a Shelby Registered car.

You may be able to find someone here with the hood you want who is willing to sell and move to a Deepdraw hood.

This was the entire reason for the CS6/8 programs, so that those with a Mustang could covert it to a Shelby (albeit one without a CSM) bit by bit.

He's replacing the Cal Special front clip with CS8 parts. The guy just wants a CS8 hood to go with the rest of the front clip.

Like Jason mentioned, check with the Shelby authorized mod shops. Otherwise, you're going to be SOL till Shelby finds a new supplier I guess. Good luck man.

Ken

Problem solved. I went up to Shelby in person and ended up speaking with Cameron (sp?). He said they were out of them and the last one was sold back in December some time. I asked if he could tell me which shops received the last few and he said he'd ask his shipping department. About 10 minutes later, he came back CARRYING A CS8 HOOD!!! Apparently, someone had returned one after they had primed it, so it wasn't sitting where the hoods normally are. He said he found it over by shipping. I am so freakin' happy right now. I am now the proud owner of what is possibly the only unused CS8 hood left in the country. The Ford dealer is ordering everything this week, so hopefully my CS8 front end conversion will be done within a couple of weeks. It definitely pays to be persistent and I'm so glad I live in Vegas.

Thank you Cameron!!!

Glad to hear you got the last CS8 hood. I have my Deepdraw hood still sitting in the box not sure if I want to remove the supercharger to install it.headscratch.gif

Why would you have to remove your supercharger to install the deep draw hood????????

Problem solved. I went up to Shelby in person and ended up speaking with Cameron (sp?). He said they were out of them and the last one was sold back in December some time. I asked if he could tell me which shops received the last few and he said he'd ask his shipping department. About 10 minutes later, he came back CARRYING A CS8 HOOD!!! Apparently, someone had returned one after they had primed it, so it wasn't sitting where the hoods normally are. He said he found it over by shipping. I am so freakin' happy right now. I am now the proud owner of what is possibly the only unused CS8 hood left in the country. The Ford dealer is ordering everything this week, so hopefully my CS8 front end conversion will be done within a couple of weeks. It definitely pays to be persistent and I'm so glad I live in Vegas.

Thank you Cameron!!!

if it doesn't work out, we have one sitting in storage that we could part with

Try the mod shops (Tasca & Quantum) or some of the Shelby Authorized Dealers, there is one in Phoenix but I don't know the name. One of those shops may have one stashed away. If you can find one you are right you can purchase the CS6/8 SGT-H hood and not have a Shelby Registered car.

You may be able to find someone here with the hood you want who is willing to sell and move to a Deepdraw hood.

What he said..........I can drive it to vegas also. I want Shelby to put the deep draw hood on at the factory.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Update...

Got it back from the shop on Wednesday. The Shelby bumper is extremely thick and heavy. They had a hard time getting it fit correctly. It's off a little, but I'm going to try to tweak it a little. Also, the grille insert was sent to the shop pre-assembled and it wasn't done very well. I'll have to take it apart and try to fix it.

I also swapped out my tinted stock lights for clear front and rear bumper lights with LED's and a clear 3rd brake light with LED's.

Oh, so I got the car back Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night, some kid made a double lane change into my passenger's rear quarter. So, now I'll be getting the Shelby side scoops to go with the front end along with a new rim and tire. I'm also pulling the GT/CS stripes off the side and going withe the CS8 stripes.

Pics:

cs81.jpg

cs82.jpg

cs84.jpg

cs85.jpg

cs83.jpg

Just to be clear here, the California Special does NOT have any SHELBY parts on it....the front and rear bumpers are FORD parts, not SHELBY parts. The Shelby GT's came with the California Special Front and Rear bumpers as a special order from FORD...I also doubt that Shelby will sell you a Shelby GT hood scoop without your car having a Shelby CSM#. That part is strictly SHELBY for the Shelby GT only....

Good luck on getting your car repaired, but if it were me, I'd keep it as the California Special as those are unique cars in themselves....

Carl

lets see here ,,the first Shelby GT-H was made in 2006,,,with the same front bumper as the first 2007 GT/CS,,

lets see here ,,the first Shelby GT-H was made in 2006,,,with the same front bumper as the first 2007 GT/CS,,

also would like to add " who " makes the bumpers ,,front and rear for the GT 500,,,FORD. all bumpers on all Shelbys have Ford part numbers.

also would like to add " who " makes the bumpers ,,front and rear for the GT 500,,,FORD. all bumpers on all Shelbys have Ford part numbers.

I would also like to add respectfully ,,,that the rear Shelby CS bumper that the Shelby Store shows for sell is a stock rear GT mustang bumper,,,

Archived