TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Substitute for CS8 hood?

i8acobra

Update...

Got it back from the shop on Wednesday. The Shelby bumper is extremely thick and heavy. They had a hard time getting it fit correctly. It's off a little, but I'm going to try to tweak it a little. Also, the grille insert was sent to the shop pre-assembled and it wasn't done very well. I'll have to take it apart and try to fix it.

I also swapped out my tinted stock lights for clear front and rear bumper lights with LED's and a clear 3rd brake light with LED's.

Oh, so I got the car back Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night, some kid made a double lane change into my passenger's rear quarter. So, now I'll be getting the Shelby side scoops to go with the front end along with a new rim and tire. I'm also pulling the GT/CS stripes off the side and going withe the CS8 stripes.

Looks great Aaron, but with your luck I would stay out of Vegas!

shrug.gif Thats a good question.

Update on my Deep draw hood. I guess the first one I recieved was a early model which was to only fit on the Terlingua then they revised the deep draw to fit V8's with superchargers so Robert sent me the new revised deep draw and it looks taller and the underside looks different than the first generation so I am bringing the car in Tuesday to have them test fit it and if all is well then they will paint and install this new version of the deep draw hood. They want $1200 to paint the hood and that includes painting the stripes on the hood with no lines. I have faith that it will fit and look awesome. THANKS A MILLION ROBERT you always come through.

Love your GT/CS. Way to go being persistant about getting the parts you want for your car. No one ever gets what they want by giving up at the first sign of difficulty.

By the way, I think the white car with the black wheels and NO stripes would look awsome.

Update on my Deep draw hood. I guess the first one I recieved was a early model which was to only fit on the Terlingua then they revised the deep draw to fit V8's with superchargers so Robert sent me the new revised deep draw and it looks taller and the underside looks different than the first generation so I am bringing the car in Tuesday to have them test fit it and if all is well then they will paint and install this new version of the deep draw hood. They want $1200 to paint the hood and that includes painting the stripes on the hood with no lines. I have faith that it will fit and look awesome. THANKS A MILLION ROBERT you always come through.

Wow, this is good info as I am still thinking about putting a deep draw on the GTH and saving the original hood.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved. Pull the supercharger out and put the hood on. You will be happy.

Send me the charger then I will be happy. :hysterical:

Looking good I8acobra.

Send the old deep draw hood my way! Ha, I wish.

• 1 month later...

Your Mustang looks great. I tried to order the deep draw hood for my 09' GT/CS but the Shelby store is out so I went on ebay and stumbled on Shelby GT hood scoop that belonged to a 07-08 Shelby GT. The scoop was only $69. Happy cruising!post-23433-127713396902_thumb.jpg

post-23433-127713396902_thumb.jpg

Archived