TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New here

i8acobra

Hey all... New here. I have an '08 GT/CS that I picked up new in May '09. I'm 36 and live in Vegas. Semi-retired heavy equipment operator due to a kidney transplant I had on 8/23/08. Hoping to come out of retirement soon. Before anyone gets bent out of shape about the screen name, I've been using it since '99 when I had my WS6. The license plate said "8ACOBRA". I've kept the name on every internet forum I've ever been on to make it easy for people (including myself) to find forum posts I've made on any internet forum since '99. Yes, in '99 my WS6 would beat up on Cobras. No, I never raced an '03 or '04 since I no longer had the car by then. No, my current '08 GT/CS is not faster than a Cobra. Hope that's put everyone at ease.

Current mods include a Borla axle-back, BBK CAI, and a tune. Makes 284/306 at the tires. Also has Eibach springs, BMR strut brace, rims/tires and some other appearance mods.

As far as my experience with Shelby's, I've come close to owning 3, but never actually got one. All 3 were from back in the Chrysler days... an Omni GLH, Shelby Dakota and a CSX. I still want to own a Shelby some day, but it's gonna have to wait until I come out of retirement. Maybe I'll pull the trigger after I see what Shelby does with the new 5.0L Mustang.

Welcome aboard! As far as your username is concerned, it's good that you provided an explanation of it's origin and meaning, but what (model year) Cobra's did your Pontiac "beat up" as you say? Are you refering to 93' to 2000 Fox platphorm Mustang Cobra's, or something else?

Just curious that's all.

Shelby already has a car using the 2011 5.0 Mustang GT platphorm; it's the 2011 GT350. Living in Las Vegas, you are already in Shelbyland. Just drive up the 15 to Speedway Blvd and check out the car face to face.

Welcome aboard! As far as your username is concerned, it's good that you provided an explanation of it's origin and meaning, but what (model year) Cobra's did your Pontiac "beat up" as you say? Are you refering to 93' to 2000 Fox platphorm Mustang Cobra's, or something else?

Just curious that's all.

Pre-'03 SN95's. The 4V 4.6L cars (same engine as your Marauder). When the Terminator's came out, I bought a Procharger to install to keep the plate accurate ;) . I traded in the car for a Hyundai Tiburon instead and sold the Procharger. I needed the Hyundai as a demo vehicle for my business and couldn't afford 2 cars.

I looked at the new Camaro's before buying my GT/CS but the dealer's wanted $10K over sticker and the new one's are heavy pigs compared to my '97.

Archived