TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wifes GT-H

jw last

I know this photo sequence will cause a few GT-H owners a heart attack, but wife likes to bracket race our GT-H (I've got a 2004 Lightning we are just finishing up to race this year), took the car out to the track today to sort out a new line lock, NItto 555rs and 4.10 gears for her. Managed this burnout (with a pretty strong tail wind).......notice the starter enjoyed it so much I got around of applause from him.

Not too unsure the car probably didn't do this in it's rental car days anyway............................

post-10784-127033833731_thumb.jpg

post-10784-127033835425_thumb.jpg

post-10784-127033837406_thumb.jpg

post-10784-127033833731_thumb.jpg

post-10784-127033835425_thumb.jpg

post-10784-127033837406_thumb.jpg

I know this photo sequence will cause a few GT-H owners a heart attack, but wife likes to bracket race our GT-H (I've got a 2004 Lightning we are just finishing up to race this year), took the car out to the track today to sort out a new line lock, NItto 555rs and 4.10 gears for her. Managed this burnout (with a pretty strong tail wind).......notice the starter enjoyed it so much I got around of applause from him.

Not too unsure the car probably didn't do this in it's rental car days anyway............................

This is yor wife????? Ummmm, is she available???????? :D

QSS

Only mods we've done are the 4.10s, the line loc and Nitto 555r drag radials. Got a canned tune for the car from a well known aftermarket Mustang retailer on a SCT X3, but the tune doesn't work too well at this altitude (7000' DA on a GOOD day), car actually slowed down from the stock tune in the et and mph department so the cars going on the dyno this week to get a correct tune for this altitude.

The 4.10s really woke the car up, like driving an entirely different car. Launches great and pulls well with these gears, but car lays down on the top end with the current canned tune.

At 50mph the car shows 2000 rpm with the od on, 2700 with the od off.

Line loc was added to save the rear brakes and the transmission. Nice addition, but limited usefulness obviously.

Not sure we're going to do any other mods, only mods we've contemplated are ones that won't change the visual appearance of the car when looking at the car from the outside or with the hood up. Thinking maybe a 3000 stall torque converter and an aluminum drive shaft, a different set of lower control arms if wheel hop becomes a problem, but it hasn't been yet. Picked the Nitto 555rs because they would fit on the stock rims. Wouldn't have been my first choice of tire, and after running them I like them even less, very like grip (hence no wheel hop) even with a lot of heat built up by the burnouts. Unfortunately Mickey Thompson doesn't make a drag radial that fits our rims. Might try the Nitto NT05r drag radial next, they'll fit the rims.

Archived