TEAM SHELBY FORUM

what kinda of music do you listen to when out cruzin

Nate8509

Well I guess I maybe a little old but on a good cruise I roll to some Boston, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Scorpions, AC/DC and to most any 80's guitar bands. I guess it just brings back good memories and good feelings.

lol, well lately I just listen to the supercharger and the exhaust.... but if stuck in traffic or something, I turn on the Sirius to the oldies; 60' through early 70's rock... so, I guess that makes me really old :hysterical: I like ZZ Top too :happy feet:

Well I guess I maybe a little old but on a good cruise I roll to some Boston, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Scorpions, AC/DC and to most any 80's guitar bands. I guess it just brings back good memories and good feelings.

+1 ............... I just made a CD specifically for cruizin. Dokken, LA Guns, Motley Crue, White Lion, Bullet Boys, Ratt, Tora Tora, Kix and Quiet Riot.

Sirius Faction, octane, or shade 45 mostly.... really good mix of music on Faction especially for me.

CD's/MP3's always in the car:

Cake

Social Distortion

Bad Religion

CKY

Dropkick Murphy's

Ramones

Notorious BIG

Flogging Molly

Blind Melon

Weezer

Hog

And gotta have Moby's Flower on tap in a mustang...

Need to burn some Ministry soon to add to the list too.

The best music is that made by the car, particularly under boost. For non-car produced music, I have been exploring, at age 60, Rob Zombie. One of the best oldies is "Highway Star" by Deep Purple. Gotta love the lyrics, especially given the era from which they came:

Nobody gonna take my car, I'm gonna race it to the ground

Nobody gonna beat my car, it's gonna break the speed of sound

Ooh it's a killing machine, it's got everything

Like a driving power, big fat tires and everything

I love it and I need it, I bleed it

Yeah it's a wild hurricane

Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star

Nobody gonna take my girl I'm gonna keep her to the end

Nobody gonna have my girl she stays close on every bend

Ooh she's a killing machine she's got everything

Like a moving mouth, body control and everything

I Love her, I need her, I seed her

Yeah she turns me on

Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star

Nobody gonna take my head I got speed inside my brain

Nobody gonna steal my head now that I'm on the road again

Ooh I'm in heaven again, I've got everything

Like a moving ground, throttle control and everything

I love it, I need it, I seed it

Eight cylinders all mine

Alright hold tight I'm a highway star

Nobody gonna take my car...

I'm a highway star, I'm a highway star

This song will get you a TICKET " I CAN'T DRIVE 55 ' by Sammy Hagar. This is by far a driving song. Now the song is in my head and i am looking for my keys.

Ratt Round and Round

Ozzy Osbourne Crazy Train and Iron Man

Def Leppard Pour some sugar on me

Sammy Hagar Can't drive 55

Vah Halen Panama

Motley Crue Girls, Girls, Girls and Smoking in the boys room

George Thorogood and the Destroyers

This song will get you a TICKET " I CAN'T DRIVE 55 ' by Sammy Hagar. This is by far a driving song. Now the song is in my head and i am looking for my keys.

+1 I'll either be listening to I Can't Drive 55 or Crazy Train when I get my fist speeding ticket, it's just a matter of time. :shift:

Here's two toe tappers that I like to listen to when pushing and pulling gears...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsmRuRp4cM

Here are the playlists that have been developed over a period of years for funtions, cruises and just "runnin with the top down".

If your under 30, you probably won't appreciate it, but you old sore heads, you might want to fire up your iTunes or Amazon and get to down loading. :-)

Enjoy

RoadTunesFullPlaylist_Page_1.jpg

RoadTunesFullPlaylist_Page_2.jpg

White Zombie

Rob Zombie

My Terlingua has Black Sunshine played every time I get in it.

Guess I'm not your typical muscle car owner. Everyone here seems to be into some kind of Rock music. I like that, but I usually listen to Trance, House and Drum & Bass. I'm usually listening to Sirius Chill, BPM or Area. Although, I do own every Rob Zombie (and White Zombie) album, including the remix albums.

Guess I'm not your typical muscle car owner. Everyone here seems to be into some kind of Rock music. I like that, but I usually listen to Trance, House and Drum & Bass. I'm usually listening to Sirius Chill, BPM or Area. Although, I do own every Rob Zombie (and White Zombie) album, including the remix albums.

+1Trance,an Chill,BPM, But i really like the jazz channels on Sirius

Here are the playlists that have been developed over a period of years for funtions, cruises and just "runnin with the top down".

If your under 30, you probably won't appreciate it, but you old sore heads, you might want to fire up your iTunes or Amazon and get to down loading. :-)

Enjoy

I'm not under 30.............great playlist!!!

Archived