TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Magnaflow mufflers suck! I want louder! Any ideas?

Yup-- Muffler Deletes. If you want louder that what you want. I pondered it for a long time and the magnaflow deletes are what i got. I worried that they were going to be too loud. they aren't. you'll be happy with them.

Magnapacks if you already have an offroad X pipe, or if you dont, then get the magnaflow muffler deletes. Thats the hot setup.

Yup-- Muffler Deletes. If you want louder that what you want. I pondered it for a long time and the magnaflow deletes are what i got. I worried that they were going to be too loud. they aren't. you'll be happy with them.

+1 muff deletes with the stock manifolds and cats are a great choice, and inexpensive too!

check out my post with many sound clips on a stock GT500 with my custom MMS mufflers....if you or anyone wants a set I sell them for $599 shipped anywhere in the lower 48...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45226-sound-clips-custom-mms-macs-on-stock-pullied-gt-500-no-headers-stock-x-pipe/

Alex

my magnaflow exhast is not doing the trick! any ideas on what i should buy instead??

Which Magnaflow's are you running? If it is the full muffler, then you will want an off road pipe. It is really hard to beat the sound of these mufflers paired with an off-road pipe! If you can get away with it...otherwise go for the KR mufflers.

I run the SLP loudmouths muffler deletes and love them, they are loud when they are supposed to be, and there is no and I repeat NO drone.

Mike

Mike, April fools is on April 1st... SLP Loudmouth have no drone...? That's a good one... Now back to reality, I've had them, and they were one of the worse droning, I repeat, worse droning set-ups of all. I did love the sound of them though, just hated to have to keep going to the dentist to have my fillings replaced because of the interior resonation. Look up "drone" in the dictionary and there will be a picture of the SLP Loudmouths next to the word. I'm not busting on your exhaust, I already said that I loved them, but...

You need the KR'S ....They rock! Start with the stock Xpipe then if it needs it go with the Hpipe!

+1

Not only do they (KRs) sound awsome, but Ford says they're legal in 50 states. I hear drone around 1k rpm but hardly ever spend any time at that rpm. I had the SGTs or 5GTs (don't recall which) and they sounded great but had objectionable drone at 1800 - 2000 rpm.

I have the KRs with the "PowerHouse H" pipe. :peelout:

Good Luck & Good Hunting!

my magnaflow exhast is not doing the trick! any ideas on what i should buy instead??

If you have a stock exhaust system, go with the SLP Loudmouths. Best sound for a GT-500 w/stock pipes.

I have cutouts... it's just a muffler delete with a toggle switch. :shrug:

Where did you get the cut-off system? Is it like on the the vetts?

SLP Loudmouths for me. Here is a video of mine in action. The Roush offroad extreme systems sounds awesome as well. If you want loud without removing the cats I would definataley go with some sort of muffler delete.

Borla/FRPP Stingers and SLP Loud Mouths come to mind, but get ready for some drone...

I have had the SLP loudmouths for better than 3 years. They sound terriffic and DO NOT DRONE. At highway speed they are not loud at all. I also park the car in a basement garage in a professional building. If they were really loud I would never have kept them this long. They are a bit sharp in tone when the cats are cold but really mellow out once the cats light off. Been very happy with them and the tips look great, even 3 years later.

Where did you get the cut-off system? Is it like on the the vetts?

After a LOT of looking, I got < this kit > from RaceReady because they warranty the cutouts for life, whereas the competitors product is generally only warrantied for a few months, or so. The 'Vettes use a certain dual chamber exhaust that opens up an extra chamber under certain spirited driving.

The y-pipes either strap or weld into your existing exhaust, and the cutouts mount to the y-pipe. Mine are electric, so when I press the button to open them, it opens the cutout (which is kind of like a throttle body) and allows the exhaust to flow out the y-pipe. With them closed, the exhaust runs its normal stock path through the mufflers.

Click on one of the < videos in this link > to get a better look see at what they do.

Here's the switch (above the ambient lighting button). So if I want loud, I press down and they open, and if I want quiet I close them. I can also have them anywhere in between.

P1040839.jpg

I just added the KR mufflers this morning and the sound was exactly what I was hoping it would be. It really gives the Shelby a attitude adjustment over the factory mufflers.

I drove the car out of town today and put about 90 miles with the KR's. At interstate speeds, 70-80 mph there is no drone whatsover. The only time I noticed a little drone was at a very low rpm but nothing to me as my daily driver is a 6.0 Powerstroke with a straight piped 5 inch exhaust.

James

Try trinitymufflers.com, Tim made me a pair for my GT500. Sound great (fairly loud and no drone) and excellent quality.

Archived