TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My $#%^@! $686 Door ding

skiph

It was bound to happen. A door ding :banghead:

But did it have to be in like the worst place possible? :shrug:

And did not know that without a police report (yea, for a door ding) it falls under Collision and would jack up my rates if I use insurance to pay for any of it. Howerver, with a police report, it falls under uninsured motorist coverage (unless of course I see the person do it and go through all the exchange paperwork and have his/her insurance pay for it). Oh, and that has a lower deductable too!

But can't stand to see it there, staring at me every time I get in the car, so with any luck should be all better by the 16th.

Right there on the crease of the Left Rear QP

:censored::censored::censored:

My brother owns his own PDR company. I see you are in Georgia so thought I would mention it. I've seen him do amazing things with dents and fix 100+ dents from hail on a single car and you would never know it. He is in Griffin, Ga. but may come to you depending on where you live. Let me know if your interested.

Thats horrible. Find a good PDR guy in the area. If they are good they will find a way to get the dent out. I offer PDR along with detailing (it makes sense) and that can come out. You may see a slight crease in certain light( worst case) but it can come out. Just find the right person. Good luck.

Well, I did check with a PDR guy, and in his professional opinion, because of where it is, a very bad candidate for being able to be repaired properly that way. Bummer.

Well, there is pollen everywhere here now, and it's EVERYWHERE. So, I'll probably hang tight until the pollen level drops.

Well, I did check with a PDR guy, and in his professional opinion, because of where it is, a very bad candidate for being able to be repaired properly that way. Bummer.

Well, there is pollen everywhere here now, and it's EVERYWHERE. So, I'll probably hang tight until the pollen level drops.

The body shop will probably pull most of the dent and then fill a very tiny amount, then they will block off (sand) the entire quarter panel including the the left roof line, blend the repaired area with base color and clear everything, let it dry for a day, then knock it down (sand) and polish, then your done.

Tell them protection from overspray is very important to you as you do not want any overspray on the rest of your black paint. I would also let them know you want the lines of the car sharp, just like factory. I'm picky as heck and don't like any overspray or rounded corners. This help them know what to expect, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

**Update**

Wooo Hooo!!!

Found a PDR guy that fixed the door ding! :happy feet:

$150 vs. LOTS more, and still factory paint, no chips in the paint as it turns out. YeeeHaaa!!

He had to drill a hole inside the door, on the LH quarter panel side (where the tire pressure sticker, etc is) to get his tools to where the ding was.

Almost walked away when I heard that, but then through the full body shop was going to do some drilling to pull the dent out on the actual QP where it could be seen, and this was then filled with a black plug, that looks like a factory black plug that you would find on various placed on the car.

But MAN, listening to him drill!! :banghead: thought I was gonna die!

But freaking excellent job. I can still find where the ding was in JUST the right light, but challenge anybody else to.

So, now have the name of a PDR guy on the north side of Atlanta if anybody needs one.

**Update**

Wooo Hooo!!!

Found a PDR guy that fixed the door ding! :happy feet:

$150 vs. LOTS more, and still factory paint, no chips in the paint as it turns out. YeeeHaaa!!

He had to drill a hole inside the door, on the LH quarter panel side (where the tire pressure sticker, etc is) to get his tools to where the ding was.

Almost walked away when I heard that, but then through the full body shop was going to do some drilling to pull the dent out on the actual QP where it could be seen, and this was then filled with a black plug, that looks like a factory black plug that you would find on various placed on the car.

But MAN, listening to him drill!! :banghead: thought I was gonna die!

But freaking excellent job. I can still find where the ding was in JUST the right light, but challenge anybody else to.

So, now have the name of a PDR guy on the north side of Atlanta if anybody needs one.

Thats great news skip! I have had lots of PDR work done on various cars and with the right shop it is amazing what can be done. I did have 4 divots on each rear QP removed from my Shelby that were there from the factory. Right on the top next to the trunk. PDR guys fixed them perfectly.

It was bound to happen. A door ding :banghead:

But did it have to be in like the worst place possible? :shrug:

And did not know that without a police report (yea, for a door ding) it falls under Collision and would jack up my rates if I use insurance to pay for any of it. Howerver, with a police report, it falls under uninsured motorist coverage (unless of course I see the person do it and go through all the exchange paperwork and have his/her insurance pay for it). Oh, and that has a lower deductable too!

But can't stand to see it there, staring at me every time I get in the car, so with any luck should be all better by the 16th.

Right there on the crease of the Left Rear QP

:censored::censored::censored:

Shit man you got taken if you pay that. My buddy owns a dent pulling business and pull shit like that for $75. It would take him an hour and he goes to the residence to do it. NO insurance or body shop involved.

Archived