TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pulleys and JLT Intake = Lethal

CobraKaz

Well , wife gave me the OK to order 2.6 pulley , idler and Carbon Fiber intake and tune , so , i,m giving the nod to Lethal .

Ralistically , anyone know how much will / should the car be making to the rear wheels after its all done ?

Last question .

Seeing as i,m " Mechanically Challenged " how difficult is the aove Procedure ? .

Any pics or links to the job would be a big help .

Thanks .

Well , wife gave me the OK to order 2.6 pulley , idler and Carbon Fiber intake and tune , so , i,m giving the nod to Lethal .

Ralistically , anyone know how much will / should the car be making to the rear wheels after its all done ?

Last question .

Seeing as i,m " Mechanically Challenged " how difficult is the aove Procedure ? .

Any pics or links to the job would be a big help .

Thanks .

It depends on how challenged you are. I mean if you have turned some wrenches or sockets in your garage on odds and ends I honestly think you will be just fine. The instructions that come with everything are rather straight forward and clearly written. The JLT intake tube will take you no more than 5 minutes and a Philips screwdriver. The pulleys will take a couple more tools but nothing out of the normal lineup of garage tools. Took my daughter and I about 45 minutes to an hour to do the pulley swap and we have never done anything like this before.

If you do this yourself then have any questions just post on here and you will get a quick reply or even get a phone contact of any of us that have done it and I am sure we can help you right along. It was a rewarding and fun MOD to do on your own in my opinion.

Nic

It depends on how challenged you are. I mean if you have turned some wrenches or sockets in your garage on odds and ends I honestly think you will be just fine. The instructions that come with everything are rather straight forward and clearly written. The JLT intake tube will take you no more than 5 minutes and a Philips screwdriver. The pulleys will take a couple more tools but nothing out of the normal lineup of garage tools. Took my daughter and I about 45 minutes to an hour to do the pulley swap and we have never done anything like this before.

If you do this yourself then have any questions just post on here and you will get a quick reply or even get a phone contact of any of us that have done it and I am sure we can help you right along. It was a rewarding and fun MOD to do on your own in my opinion.

Nic

I had a 97 Cobra before this car that i owned from new . We did LOTS to that one .

Its just that i lack confidence ( loose my cool to quick ) if things go wrong . Any idea how much RWHP yours is making now ?

I had a 97 Cobra before this car that i owned from new . We did LOTS to that one .

Its just that i lack confidence ( loose my cool to quick ) if things go wrong . Any idea how much RWHP yours is making now ?

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I have been dealing with some Vendor/Car issues that have me a bit heated at the moment.

If you have done stuff on your old Cobra then I am here to tell you, you will find this to be a cakewalk. These vendors sell excellent products with very clear instructions. All I needed to go buy was some anti-seize and some blue lock tight. The kit I got from Lethal came with the proper tool to pull and install (same tool with 2 functions) the pulleys. Super Super easy and fun job. As for power, after I fix this Vendor/car issue tomorrow I will be heading to Disneyland on Thursday. Next week I will be amending my post on my MODS that I installed and posting a picture and numbers of my Dyno runs. I should be getting down to the Dyno on the 17th.

Nic

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I have been dealing with some Vendor/Car issues that have me a bit heated at the moment.

If you have done stuff on your old Cobra then I am here to tell you, you will find this to be a cakewalk. These vendors sell excellent products with very clear instructions. All I needed to go buy was some anti-seize and some blue lock tight. The kit I got from Lethal came with the proper tool to pull and install (same tool with 2 functions) the pulleys. Super Super easy and fun job. As for power, after I fix this Vendor/car issue tomorrow I will be heading to Disneyland on Thursday. Next week I will be amending my post on my MODS that I installed and posting a picture and numbers of my Dyno runs. I should be getting down to the Dyno on the 17th.

Nic

Is it OK to ask what the Vender / Car issues were . Its nothing to do with Pulleys or Tune is it ?

I was next to Jay from JLT Performance when he put all the stuff on the Car and I must say first I was thinking this will take forever but it had takes only 20 min to put the parts on with the tune.

Have at te John Lund tune on the car fist and it was not even cloes to the numbers they had say it will bring out (don't had it from Lethal it was from Evo but some people had say it must be the same!)! Have get better numbers with JLT performance.

Archived