TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No more stripe issues because.........

No More stripes. Well I had put the car into the shop to pay for the re-striping myself since I was not able to get it warrantied. But I did get the hood scoop and pins warrantied. So it goes in to a graphics shop here in Medford, he pulls the old stripes and has the car buffed out to get rid of residue and remanants of the old stripes. So I go see the car after its buffed out, and I set the hood scoop on it. Which I had painted black like the car, since I had plan on "wrapping" the stripes around hood scoop. Well it looked so good black with no stripes, I decided it can stay that way cause I LIKE IT! I also changed the GT pedestal type of spoiler that was on the car when I bought out to the Shelby 500 spoiler. I also changed my window tint to the IR type, and clear bra the nose and leading edge of the hood so that the hood pin lanyards would not wear the paint. I then had it buffed one more time after everything was completed. Anyway here is pics, hope you all like!

img5525a.jpg

img5523a.jpg

img5521a.jpg

img5520a.jpg

img5518a.jpg

When I had mine in getting the stripes painted on I really liked the look. IMO you need to put the black cs6 grill on it for the super stealthy look.

Did they just tape the scoop on?

Yes the scoop is taped on. The old one had all the rivets, and 8 bolts lol. Way overkill. But what he did was use some clearbra to cover up all the holes before installing the scoop so no water gets in on the engine from that area.

IMHO ... a Shelby needs stripes. I like the rivits in the hood scoop rather than the no rivit look.

But it's your car and you paid for it so do to it as you wish. Your the only one who has to like it

in the long run!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Edited by StrayShadow

Yes to a point I certainly agree, but since Shelby gave me a hard time and would not warranty them, and I fought with them, I even did a customer satisfaction request to which they said no. But in the same email, they asked me if I would like to order a new set for $1300, I was like ...................uhmmmm NO! Yes I do like it like that, but it is also a lil bit of a protest, so when someone ask me about the lack of stripes I tell them why!

Yes to a point I certainly agree, but since Shelby gave me a hard time and would not warranty them, and I fought with them, I even did a customer satisfaction request to which they said no. But in the same email, they asked me if I would like to order a new set for $1300, I was like ...................uhmmmm NO! Yes I do like it like that, but it is also a lil bit of a protest, so when someone ask me about the lack of stripes I tell them why!

AMEN!!!

:speedie:

Gentlemen,

The Shelby GT is a modern day reincarnation of the 1966 GT350. Many of those 1966 Shelbys were built without stripes and many modern GT500s were ordered without stripes as well. I think the all black SGT looks great. I must caution you about taping the hoodscoop however. I did extensive testing of the SGT scoop during and after building my replacement scoop. It sits in a low pressure area and pulls away from the hood with a great deal of force at speed. I had it duct taped all the way around and was amazed at how quickly and how hard it pulled up and away from the hood. I don't care what type of tape you used, it will age and lose strength in time and when your scoop goes sailing over your roof at 70 mph I hope a motorcyclist is not riding behind you. All the best.

Chip

Edited by ChipBeck

I like the no stripe look, 65,66 and 67 Shelby GT had stripes as mostly dealer installed option. AS a member of SAAC most people have added them look at most car magazines from the 60s and no stripes. I had them painted on my 67 it cames sans stripes in 67, MY SGT stripes are fine but if they go bacd may remove them and buy a 67 style hood just an idea, again I like the look of your car Bruce

I like the no stripe look, 65,66 and 67 Shelby GT had stripes as mostly dealer installed option. AS a member of SAAC most people have added them look at most car magazines from the 60s and no stripes. I had them painted on my 67 it cames sans stripes in 67, MY SGT stripes are fine but if they go bacd may remove them and buy a 67 style hood just an idea, again I like the look of your car Bruce

Thanks Bruce, it is nice to see some people recognize that it does not have to have the stripes to be a "Shelby". Thevast majority of people that see it, especially in person definately thinks it looks better. I have had non-car guys even say they are impressed by how it looks now. All in all it has been a very positive response!!!! :happy feet:

Stormracer,

Looks awsome.. It was the first thing I did was to remove them.. I tried to get mine redone under warranty and no one would give it a second thought.

I really could not tell if the stripes were silver or black,,yes they were real bad.

Just on another note.. Not all Shelby's had stripes, if you look at the early years you could get them either way.. I am for the clean look now..

Awsome ride..

GNB

Stormracer,

Looks awsome.. It was the first thing I did was to remove them.. I tried to get mine redone under warranty and no one would give it a second thought.

I really could not tell if the stripes were silver or black,,yes they were real bad.

Just on another note.. Not all Shelby's had stripes, if you look at the early years you could get them either way.. I am for the clean look now..

Awsome ride..

GNB

Thanks Much! :happy feet: