TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New tires on 2011 Shelbys

CobraKaz

Anyone see the New Goodyear tires for the 2011 Shelby ? They Look like they may actually do the job in regards to " Hooking up " . Are the 2011,s a 19 inch rim ?

19's and old style F1's on the base car

20's in the back and the new F1 G2's on the SVT PP option

Anyone know if these " G2,s " come in 19 inch ?

Odd, but I seem to recall from the 2011 GT500 debut from the Ford streaming video that the fellow called them "G 2" that is "Gee space two" not "Gee two". Sorry to be so pedantic, I just thought it was funny that GoodYear named them that way and that he referenced them as such.

-Pockdog

Anyone see the New Goodyear tires for the 2011 Shelby ? They Look like they may actually do the job in regards to " Hooking up " . Are the 2011,s a 19 inch rim ?

Or you can do what I did and get some Hankook V12s which hookup much better than stock.

I'm telling you guys the Hankook V12s are an awesome tire. They help my car launch so much better and hug the road. I guess people just like paying extra money for Goodyear on the side.

Do they come in the same size as the factory BadYears . ?

I'm telling you guys the Hankook V12s are an awesome tire. They help my car launch so much better and hug the road. I guess people just like paying extra money for Goodyear on the side.

bpmurr,

What country is the Hankook V12 manufactured in? Can you please provide pictures of the tread pattern and the sidewall details. Thanks.

seen one of the manufacture test 2011 gt500s here in phoenix. it had the new rims on it but they were blacked out. look awesome!! didnt see any stripes on the car because it was a white convertible. also wasnt able to see what tires were on the car. but car still amazes me every time i see one!

• 3 weeks later...

bpmurr,

What country is the Hankook V12 manufactured in? Can you please provide pictures of the tread pattern and the sidewall details. Thanks.

Hankook's are manufactured in Korea. I'll post pics of tread pattern tonight

Hankook's are manufactured in Korea. I'll post pics of tread pattern tonight

Korean tires on an American Muscle car make me cry.

You don't overpay on Goodyears if you buy them on Tirerack.com or buy during their once-a-year sale.

I still swear by the standard Eagle F1s...it is probably just not meant for a 550 HP car. Hope the G2s fix that.

Korean tires on an American Muscle car make me cry.

You don't overpay on Goodyears if you buy them on Tirerack.com or buy during their once-a-year sale.

I still swear by the standard Eagle F1s...it is probably just not meant for a 550 HP car. Hope the G2s fix that.

The F1's are not avail in 20", are they? Looking at the 19" on Tire Rack they're also twice the price of the Hankooks.

Here are some pics. My wheels and car are not in yet so the tires are sitting in my garage, let me know if you want other pics. The last pic is one next to my F150 20" wheels with 275/55's.

P1020144.JPG

P1020145.JPG

P1020147.JPG

P1020144.JPG

P1020145.JPG

P1020147.JPG

The F1's are not avail in 20", are they? Looking at the 19" on Tire Rack they're also twice the price of the Hankooks.

Here are some pics. My wheels and car are not in yet so the tires are sitting in my garage, let me know if you want other pics. The last pic is one next to my F150 20" wheels with 275/55's.

The G2 Supercars on the SVT are. Don't know about the G1s.

The G2 Supercars on the SVT are. Don't know about the G1s.

DOH! You are correct. Sorry, wasn't thinking about the SVT package. Still, I'd imagine twice the price though. I got 2 @ 255/35ZR20 plus 2 @ 285/30ZR20 for $726, shipped, from tirerack.com plus a $50 rebate. Plus these tires have been getting very good reviews. Not just from TS members, but from Vette owners and others that say the Hankooks are much better than the Goodyears. After getting these tires though, the 30s make me a little nervous. Not a lot of sidewall there. We'll see how it goes.

DOH! You are correct. Sorry, wasn't thinking about the SVT package. Still, I'd imagine twice the price though. I got 2 @ 255/35ZR20 plus 2 @ 285/30ZR20 for $726, shipped, from tirerack.com plus a $50 rebate. Plus these tires have been getting very good reviews. Not just from TS members, but from Vette owners and others that say the Hankooks are much better than the Goodyears. After getting these tires though, the 30s make me a little nervous. Not a lot of sidewall there. We'll see how it goes.

Wow , we are really getting the shaft . I would have to pay over $750 for 2 tires here , and thats the 19 inch sizes ..

Henrycp, how do you like the Han V12's as far as grip off the launch vs the Gdyear F1 hocky-pucks?

I really, really wish I could answer you...but my car is not here yet. Was scheduled to be here 4/23 but nothing yet. Even after the car gets here, I'm not sure I'll be able to answer then either. Can't explain it, but I just do not like the stock wheels at all (and I already have them sold). The Alcoa's should be here today or tomorrow and I already have the tires, so I do not plan to leave the stock wheels on for very long. Like long enough to take it for a test drive and have the dealer swap them while I'll inking paperwork. I do plan to test it out during the test drive though.

bpmurr,

Sorry I missed this post. As the other poster said they come from Korea. I'll try to find a sidewall pic but here is the tread pattern.

hanhz9.ang.jpg

Archived