TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Kicker upgrade package

2nd2none

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prices have been corrected / 2010 items added. We're still waiting for inventory to arrive.

are you sure these prices are correct? the 2010 with Nav package still costs more if you buy the whole package.

pair of 6x8 speakers- $99.95 x 2

pair of 8" door woofers- $149.95

10" trunk sub enclosure- $649.95

= $999.80

from the parts site, the price for package is listed as the $1399 - $221 = $1178

Since the only difference in the 2010 packages is the "without Nav" comes with the 4.1 amp, I would think the "with Nav" would be more like $1399 - $499.95 (cost of the amp) = $899.05

Maybe I'm missing something?

any reason in particular why there is no 4.1 amp in the 2010 WITH Nav option?

If it's going to make the sound less than awesome, I'll pass on the whole thing. I was looking forward to this upgrade....

from what I understand, for some reason they made the 2010 Nav unit different from previous years and it no longer has an output that would go to the amp. When I heard they were making a package for the 2010 I was hoping they found another way to use the amp but I guess not. I'm probably going to wait and see how they sound for Burning Blue since he will be ampless for awhile. Was looking on Crutchfield.com and there are aftermarket components that get input from your wires going to the speakers and let you add an amp so thats an option I guess. http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_161LC6IG/AudioControl-LC6i-Gray.html

from what I understand, for some reason they made the 2010 Nav unit different from previous years and it no longer has an output that would go to the amp. When I heard they were making a package for the 2010 I was hoping they found another way to use the amp but I guess not. I'm probably going to wait and see how they sound for Burning Blue since he will be ampless for awhile. Was looking on Crutchfield.com and there are aftermarket components that get input from your wires going to the speakers and let you add an amp so thats an option I guess. http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_161LC6IG/AudioControl-LC6i-Gray.html

Crappy.

I'll hold off until people with more experience find a working solution. I want the Shelby Kicker speakers, and I wont get those without an amp...If I need an aftermarket amp, I might give it a shot but not until someone figures out how to git it working.

I'm probably going to wait and see how they sound for Burning Blue since he will be ampless for awhile.

Hopefully I'll order the 6x8's next week if all goes well..and there's not any expenses that come up between now and then. the 8inch woofers are still out of stock when I looked this morning..I'm fine with just doing the system in steps. Really looking forward to the sub..even though it's so freaking expensive - wow. I really noticed the other day how much bass was missing from the current system...along with the high frequencies.

I installed the Shelby/Kicker door subs and door/rear deck coaxials with the stock amp. The door subs are very boomy with very little punch. The stock door subs have two sets of leads to them, for a dual coil I'm guessing. The Shelby/Kicker door subs have only two posts. As the stock door sub amplifiers have two wires going in and four coming out, I'm wondering if there is a built in crossover. As such. i wonder if using the other two wires instead of the ones Shelby instructs would provide that mid-bass I'm looking for. Robert, want to chime in here? Also, my understanding is the rear sub wouldn't work in the 2010 with nav due to no sub output, the same reason you can't get Shaker 1000 with the nav. Robert?

I installed the Shelby/Kicker door subs and door/rear deck coaxials with the stock amp. The door subs are very boomy with very little punch. The stock door subs have two sets of leads to them, for a dual coil I'm guessing. The Shelby/Kicker door subs have only two posts. As the stock door sub amplifiers have two wires going in and four coming out, I'm wondering if there is a built in crossover. As such. i wonder if using the other two wires instead of the ones Shelby instructs would provide that mid-bass I'm looking for. Robert, want to chime in here? Also, my understanding is the rear sub wouldn't work in the 2010 with nav due to no sub output, the same reason you can't get Shaker 1000 with the nav. Robert?

That is not the case, I have Factory NAV and this is the sub that I installed, it was used in Saleens and is a direct OEM Plug and Play install and at half the size of the shaker 1000 it allows for Golf Clubs to fit in the trunk.

Saleen Rockford Fosgate Powered SUB

4-13ASaleen016.jpg

2010s are different. Yours does not appear to be a 2010. I'm guessing yours plugs into the factory sub wiring that the Shaker 1000 would utilize? No Shaker 1000 available in 2010 with nav. No sub output.

is what i've always thought as well so not sure how the Kicker 10" trunk enclosure works now. I think i'm just gonna settle with my stock Nav/Shaker 500

I think I'm just gonna settle with my stock Nav/Shaker 500

So you're not going to do any component upgrades now? I'm actually torn between doing them or not.

Really, the $1300 price tag is crazy in my opinion. I can't imagine it sounds that much better...to justify the cost. Plus...just about everything is still out of stock.

I may just grab some nice 6x8's from Crutchfield or somewhere else. Probably can find comparable ones for about $40 less - Crutchfield supplies the harness adapter too.

I need to think about it for a while and look around and do some comparisons. I'll let you know what I decide.

This just in. I talked to the guys at Kicker:The rear sub WILL work for 2010, even with Nav. They get the signal from the right front door sub amplifier wiring and the wire colors are different for 2010. Also, the only difference bewteen the 2010 door subs and 2005-2009 door subs APPEARS to be the grille. The speakers are the same, according to their spec sheet, but the 2005-2009 kit includes one left and one right door sub grille. The 2010 kit includes two "left" grilles, wahtever that means. I'm sure they're not using two 05-09 left grilles. They probably have one unisex grille for 2010 and list it as left. I'm contacting my vendor to see about getting correct grilles. Regarding my crossover theory, he didn't think so. I'm going to try it anyhow. If it doesn't help me get the "kick" I'm after, I'm going to try the stock door subs with the upgraded kicker 6x8s. The plot thickens.

So you're not going to do any component upgrades now? I'm actually torn between doing them or not.

Really, the $1300 price tag is crazy in my opinion. I can't imagine it sounds that much better...to justify the cost. Plus...just about everything is still out of stock.

I may just grab some nice 6x8's from Crutchfield or somewhere else. Probably can find comparable ones for about $40 less - Crutchfield supplies the harness adapter too.

I need to think about it for a while and look around and do some comparisons. I'll let you know what I decide.

You can get the six Shelby/Kicker speakers for about 300.00.

I got mine from www.championmustangs.com. I'm waiting to hear back about swapping out the grilles for the 2010 pieces. I will say I e-mailed them about the whole deal late last night (Sunday) and had a reply early this morning. Most impressive.

You can get the six Shelby/Kicker speakers for about 300.00.

That's a bit better...but the 2010 specific 8 inch door subs are still out of stock. Yeah, even through Shelby it rings in at about $350 for the six speakers...although I think the shipping charge is through the roof via the Shelby store. ($20 for the 4 - 6x8's)

I got mine from www.championmustangs.com. I'm waiting to hear back about swapping out the grilles for the 2010 pieces. I will say I e-mailed them about the whole deal late last night (Sunday) and had a reply early this morning. Most impressive.

You already have the 8 inchers and 6x8's through them? How long did it take to ship to your house? Thanks for your input on this mrl859...it's most helpful.

cool. just a note, its www.championmustang.com. no "s" in there. so do the older model 8" door subs/grilles fit and the 2010 just look different??

That's a bit better...but the 2010 specific 8 inch door subs are still out of stock. Yeah, even through Shelby it rings in at about $350 for the six speakers...although I think the shipping charge is through the roof via the Shelby store. ($20 for the 4 - 6x8's)

Also, I used Google to find a discount code and saved a few dollars.

You already have the 8 inchers and 6x8's through them? How long did it take to ship to your house? Thanks for your input on this mrl859...it's most helpful.

It is I, nay WE, who should be thinking you for all your work with the VINs. But I digress. It's no problem. I received mine on 5-1-08. I think it took a week or so, but I got the ones for the 05-09. As stated, near as I can find, the only difference is the grille for the door subs. Tonight, I'm going to swap wires on the subs and see what happens. If I understood what the technology is behind a dual voice coil speaker, I'd know if I'm wasting my time. I'd probably waste it anyhow cuz' I can never take anyone's word for it. Part of my anal OCD!

cool. just a note, its www.championmustang.com. no "s" in there. so do the older model 8" door subs/grilles fit and the 2010 just look different??

The speakers fit perfectly. The grilles fit a little weird. There is a slight raised ring that the factory speaker sits in/on. The grille is just a little small, so no matter how you mount it, it's a little crooked, No one would ever know if you didn't say anyhting.........except me, of course. I'm really interested to see the 2010 grilles.

2010s are different. Yours does not appear to be a 2010. I'm guessing yours plugs into the factory sub wiring that the Shaker 1000 would utilize? No Shaker 1000 available in 2010 with nav. No sub output.

Yes, mine is and 08 and there is Sub Output on the Nav headunit which is odd as from 07 to 09 you could NOT get the Shaker 1000 option with the Nav system.

The sub works and sounds great, highly recommended mod for 07-09 cars with the NAV sys, if you can find one, they are getting scarce.

Update:I just swapped door sub speaker wires. No difference. Very little output. I think that the stock amp can't properly power the subs at low power. I'm soldering one stock sub for reinstallation now. BTW, I ordered the Kicker/Shelby rear sub today. I hope I like it!

Installed one stock sub. I like it much better. More midrange, less boom. I'll use the rear sub for the boom. With the Kicker amp, I'm sure it sounds completely different. With the amp, Kicker can control what frequencies go where. When compared to the stock sub/Kicker 6x8, the Kicker sub/6x8 sounds hollow, no mids. Until Kicker comes out with an amp for the 2010, I'm going stock subs, Kicker/Shelby 6x8s, and rear self powered sub (currently Kenwood, Kicker on order).

Stock subs and Kicker/Shelby 6x8s for the win! I'll post how it sounds with the Kicker/Shelby rear sub. My concern is that the Kicker/Shelby rear sub may be too much/too little and is not adjustable. The Kenwood has adjust-ability. Only one way to find out. I'll letch'all know if a few days.

Stock subs and Kicker/Shelby 6x8s for the win! I'll post how it sounds with the Kicker/Shelby rear sub. My concern is that the Kicker/Shelby rear sub may be too much/too little and is not adjustable. The Kenwood has adjust-ability. Only one way to find out. I'll letch'all know if a few days.

So let me see if I understand if this is what you have now - you replaced all the 6x8's with the kicker pieces, kept the original ford stock 8inch door subs, no trunk sub (yet), no kicker amp and the original shaker head unit?

Are you able to run the trunk sub without the kicker amp and just plug in using the harness already in the trunk? Thanks Mrl859 for the update again.

I'm currently thinking about just replacing the 6x8's. I've been shopping around to see what other brand name options are out there in the 6x8's. The Rockford Fosgate ones look mean as heck - never had experience with them though...I generally have been only satisfied with Pioneer speakers.

If anyone wants to chime in with suggestions for the 6x8's, I'd love to hear them. I just want to get a set that fits the stock speaker locations perfectly (no customizing needed). Really looking for a good all around sounding speaker - I listen to all types of music, except rap.

So let me see if I understand if this is what you have now - you replaced all the 6x8's with the kicker pieces, kept the original ford stock 8inch door subs, no trunk sub (yet), no kicker amp and the original shaker head unit?

Are you able to run the trunk sub without the kicker amp and just plug in using the harness already in the trunk? Thanks Mrl859 for the update again.

I'm currently thinking about just replacing the 6x8's. I've been shopping around to see what other brand name options are out there in the 6x8's. The Rockford Fosgate ones look mean as heck - never had experience with them though...I generally have been only satisfied with Pioneer speakers.

If anyone wants to chime in with suggestions for the 6x8's, I'd love to hear them. I just want to get a set that fits the stock speaker locations perfectly (no customizing needed). Really looking for a good all around sounding speaker - I listen to all types of music, except rap.

You'll be happy to know these speakers are perfect for rap! Seriously, though. Yes I have Kicker/Shelby 6x8s front and rear and stock subs. I have a self powered Kenwood KSC-WD250T sel powered sub in the trunk that tees into the rear speaker leads for it's signal. I'm unaware of any trunk wiring for the sub with the 2010 Nav system. The Kicker/Shelby self powered rear sub, which I ordered yesterday, tees into the right subwoofer wiring in the kick panel area up front. I'll post my findings with that when I get it.

You'll be happy to know these speakers are perfect for rap! Seriously, though. Yes I have Kicker/Shelby 6x8s front and rear and stock subs. I have a self powered Kenwood KSC-WD250T sel powered sub in the trunk that tees into the rear speaker leads for it's signal. I'm unaware of any trunk wiring for the sub with the 2010 Nav system. The Kicker/Shelby self powered rear sub, which I ordered yesterday, tees into the right subwoofer wiring in the kick panel area up front. I'll post my findings with that when I get it.

Thanks for the explanation...and the "great" news about rap music! :finger:

I have the extra wiring harness in the trunk under the rug. Looks like the shaker1000 wiring for the stock trunk sub. It'd be nice to just plug and play a sub in there.

Thanks for the explanation...and the "great" news about rap music! :finger:

I have the extra wiring harness in the trunk under the rug. Looks like the shaker1000 wiring for the stock trunk sub. It'd be nice to just plug and play a sub in there.

Where is this harness located, exactly?

Where is this harness located, exactly?

Right side of the trunk as you're looking at it from the back. It's under the rug, I believe it runs along the wiring with the taillight wires. It's a rather large adapter in about the location where the sub would mount. I meant to take a picture of it tonight while cleaning my car but just didn't get around to it.

Archived