TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Kicker upgrade package

2nd2none

been waiting to get the Shelby Kicker upgrade kit for my 2010 GT500 so emailed a tech at Kicker today asking when a 2010 version would be available for my car (2010 coupe GT500 with factory Nav) and I got this reply. "

Jason, here is the part number. KIC005

You may want to call as I don't see it on their website. If you have any

further questions let me know. Have a great day."

Sooooo do you guys have this part?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

talked to the guy at Kicker today and he said "Unfortunately the information we have states that all purchases have to go through the Shelby site." so I guess it may never happen as I've tried calling store and emailed Kameron, Robert, and Tim asking about this with no replies

They may be out of the office until Monday. Today is Good Friday so they may have left early (or not come in) and went home for Easter.

??? also need update on status of my order (#8287). was told 2 weeks and its now been over 3 weeks. also still no replies to any of my emails from last week.

finally got a hold of Tim at Shelby today and got the status of my order. Also heard back from Robert today and in case anyone is waiting for this like me, he says they are on order but he doesnt have a time frame yet of when they will receive them

Thanks for the update, I am also anxiously awaiting these Kicker upgrades.

I have a 2010 Vert so hope they take care of the "Vert guys" too, not just the coupes...

I'm not sure about the vert but you can email bnicely@kicker.com and ask him. very helpful guy and always responds within 24hrs

Count me in too as one of those that are anxiously awaiting for all components of the Kicker system to be available for the 2010 model.

I have the shaker500 system and really it's the only part of my car that doesn't give me the "wow" factor. Don't really understand why they put such an average system in the Shelby.

I know that the door and rear deck speakers appear to be the same for 2010 as for the '07-'09 - but I've been holding off just in case they might change them in some way for the 2010 when the complete system becomes available. I'll probably do the upgrades in steps - unless the complete system goes on sale when it first becomes available.

I really can't wait to get a descent sound system in my car. I know some people swear by going all "aftermarket"...but I want to keep the stock head unit without a doubt and I don't want to have to do any modifications to speaker holes, etc.

any update on this? hoping with the ramping up of SS's that there will be plenty of kicker packages for the 2010+

Was about to ask the same thing 2nd2none. I'm starting to get really anxious about having a killer stereo system in my car again.

Btw - While cleaning out my trunk the other day I noticed a harness with a connector on the right side just behind the tail light. (under the liner) I think that's a connection for the Shaker1000 sub - but for some reason I thought that I read that the Shaker500 cars didn't have that harness. Does yours have that 2nd2none?

So I'm thinking the Kicker Sub will plug into that? I'm hoping that might avoid me having to run another set of wires from the amp when installed? Anybody know?

The 2010 Kicker items have been added to the site, however, they are OUT OF STOCK. What I can suggest is that you add the system to your wish list and you'll get an e-mail once they are added.

Hopefully, we will have these in stock this Friday or this coming Monday ;)

http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PKIC

The 2010 Kicker items have been added to the site, however, they are OUT OF STOCK. What I can suggest is that you add the system to your wish list and you'll get an e-mail once they are added.

are these descriptions correct?

2010 with Navigation:

Pair of 6"x8" long throw speakers.

10" trunk mounted subwoofer.

8" woofer.

2010 without Navigation:

Pair of 6"x8" long throw speakers.

10" trunk mounted subwoofer.

8" woofer.

4.1 channel amp.

I can understand the Nav system not having the 4.1 channel amp since I've read before that the 2010 Nav doesnt have outputs for the amp but why is there only 1 8" woofer and 1 pair of 6x8? the 07-09 system has 2 pair of the 6x8 and 2 8" woofers. also is the price the same regardless of which system you get?

Robert, in addition to 2nd2none's questions -

Does this mean that the 2010 components are only available as the whole package and aren't available as single parts? I'd very much like to do the upgrade in steps - as the $1400 price tag is too big of a financial hit for me at once.

Robert, in addition to 2nd2none's questions -

Does this mean that the 2010 components are only available as the whole package and aren't available as single parts? I'd very much like to do the upgrade in steps - as the $1400 price tag is too big of a financial hit for me at once.

Blue, I havent taken the trunk apart to see if I have that wire.

From talking to the guy at Kicker he said the grills for the 8" door subs are different compared to the 07-09. I was trying to find out if the 10" trunk enclosure is different but he never answered that question. He did point out that the entire kit should definately include a pair of the 8" door subs and 4 of the 6x8 speakers. Im really not sure how this system will sound for me since there won't be the 4.1 amp for the speakers.

Blue, I haven't taken the trunk apart to see if I have that wire.

Okay - yeah, I was just curious as I was a bit surprised to see it underneath the liner in my car.

From talking to the guy at Kicker he said the grills for the 8" door subs are different compared to the 07-09. I was trying to find out if the 10" trunk enclosure is different but he never answered that question. He did point out that the entire kit should definitely include a pair of the 8" door subs and 4 of the 6x8 speakers. Im really not sure how this system will sound for me since there won't be the 4.1 amp for the speakers.

I think the trunk enclosure should fit okay. I don't believe there were design changes...but just me thinking out loud there.

Well, the speakers definitely will be an upgrade in sound quality from the posts I've read about this subject.

Like I mentioned, I plan on doing the upgrade starting with the 6x8's and door subs, then the amp and trunk sub. So I'll be running the Kicker speakers without the amp like you for a while.

Very excited to get these speakers soon, either way.

Robert,

I see there are links to click on for the 2010+ applications on the individual component item page. However when you click on that link it just takes you back to the original page with all the 2007-2009 listings. Didn't know if the link was broke...or maybe the pages haven't been added yet?

Robert,

I see there are links to click on for the 2010+ applications on the individual component item page. However when you click on that link it just takes you back to the original page with all the 2007-2009 listings. Didn't know if the link was broke...or maybe the pages haven't been added yet?

also the package for the 2010 still shows only 2 vice 4 6x8 speakers and only 1 8" door sub. only the 1 price as well. I don't wanna place my order till I know everything is correct.

Someone finally updated that info, 2nd2none. Package with NAV still out of stock though.

yeah, I was emailing with Tim yesterday. At first he didnt even know they had 2010 parts for it then I guess checked the link I gave him and was very surprised to see 2010 packages added and I guess did some investigating when I told him I was 99.99% sure those parts included list are wrong for 2010. Still never got an answer to my question on prices though. How can the 2010 version with Nav that doesnt include the 4.1 amp cost the same as the packages that do include it?? Seems they did some more changes today as 10" trunk enclosure now shows it the same for 2005-2010 models but the 8" door subs are listed as different for 2010 but out of stock. Anyways, if you buy the speakers separate the total price is about $1000 instead of the $1399 package price so I think that still needs to get fixed.

Are the door panels different on the 2010 cars that requires a different speaker grill or did they just come out with a new design?

Archived