TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thought I had My first Problem

jsdeweyusmc

Just wanted everyone to know what I ran into the other day and this morning. Was driving down the road the other day and was passing someone and all of a sudden the Shelby's rpm went up to 6000 and was climbing. Sounded like it was going to blow up. I let off the gas and still doing it. Turn off the engine and turn back on and it went away. Driving home from work this morning and it did it again. Tried to turn off and on and no luck. Had to move to side of road because it wanted to take off because it was accelerating. Tried to get it from doing it again so I could take it to the dealer and still was going crazy. It finally went away and drove to the dealership to get it checked out. The mech took it for a test drive and it did it to him. What he found out to be the problem was that the car mat was unhook and was causing the gas pedal to stick. They check out the computers on the car and checked everything and all was good. The mats have been in my car for over 6 months and no problems before. Took it to the car show here in Pensacola last weekend and looks like I never hooked them down after cleaning. Thought everyone might want to make sure that their mats are hooked all the time. Thought I was driving a Toyota

Just wanted everyone to know what I ran into the other day and this morning. Was driving down the road the other day and was passing someone and all of a sudden the Shelby's rpm went up to 6000 and was climbing. Sounded like it was going to blow up. I let off the gas and still doing it. Turn off the engine and turn back on and it went away. Driving home from work this morning and it did it again. Tried to turn off and on and no luck. Had to move to side of road because it wanted to take off because it was accelerating. Tried to get it from doing it again so I could take it to the dealer and still was going crazy. It finally went away and drove to the dealership to get it checked out. The mech took it for a test drive and it did it to him. What he found out to be the problem was that the car mat was unhook and was causing the gas pedal to stick. They check out the computers on the car and checked everything and all was good. The mats have been in my car for over 6 months and no problems before. Took it to the car show here in Pensacola last weekend and looks like I never hooked them down after cleaning. Thought everyone might want to make sure that their mats are hooked all the time. Thought I was driving a Toyota

Thank you for the info. It is good to know.... :)

Holy cow the same thing happend to me in Atlanta just after I picked my car up. Scared the hell out of me taking off like that. I looked down and saw the floor mat and used my foot to pull up the gas pedal. The dealership had just detailed it and didnt hook the mats

Holy cow the same thing happend to me in Atlanta just after I picked my car up. Scared the hell out of me taking off like that. I looked down and saw the floor mat and used my foot to pull up the gas pedal. The dealership had just detailed it and didnt hook the mats

must have been scary--do you think we have Toyota gas pedal/mat systems??Now i know how you got to Colorado so fast--you must have done 700miles/day--no tickets??

ya it will wake you up! These aint no 70hp prius'! Just make sure your mats are hooked! And ya it was a quick trip and no tickets! We were crusing 80 mph in Nebraska on I-80 and gradually passed a state trooper in a f-250. Sure enough he pulled us over, but was very cool and funny! He said the only reason he pulled us over was because he had 10 cars behind him too afraid to pass and we just drove right on by. He said we cant have everyone thinking they can pass a trooper! Really he just wanted to check out the shelby!

Archived