TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is it with these Small Planes?

As soon as I saw this, I couldn't help but think, "What is it with these Small Planes lately?

http://news.yahoo.co...d_air_collision

I would think you would blame airtraffic control they are the ones that gave clearance for the Jet to take off. Although the private pilot should not even consider being around an international airport so he is an idiot to even be in that airspace although he can land there if airtraffic control gives him clearance.

Exactly, don't think it is going to end up being either pilots fault. Sounds like and error by ATC.

Unfortunately the general populations attitude is the same as yours regarding "small planes" They always want to blame general aviation.

And as far as not being around a busy airport, that is not correct either. If the pilot of the small plane was in conctact with ATC, in which it appears he was as they were able to talk to him, and he was cleared into the class bravo airspace, then he had every right to be there as he is controlled by ATC.

That depends on where you are. Controled airspace looks like and upside down stepped cone so you should be able to get pretty close. In this day a plane, no mater how small, is going to get a lot of attention if it's cruising at 300ft over a populated area.

I have flown within a mile of Alliance Airport (north of Fort Worth) at a 1000ft without interfering with traffic, but Alliance is an industrial airport with very light traffic. I wouldn't dare try that near DFW.

Over the North East you have multiple ATC's to deal with, those in control of the airports and those in control of the entire region. Here in North Texas there is a lot of uncontroled airspace.

And as far as not being around a busy airport, that is not correct either. If the pilot of the small plane was in conctact with ATC, in which it appears he was as they were able to talk to him, and he was cleared into the class bravo airspace, then he had every right to be there as he is controlled by ATC.

I know that he has every riight to be in class B airspace but I wouldn't do it. I mean why even bother with all that stress when there are many uncontrolled airports that you do not have to deal with ATC and BIG JETS

I know that he has every riight to be in class B airspace but I wouldn't do it. I mean why even bother with all that stress when there are many uncontrolled airports that you do not have to deal with ATC and BIG JETS

Many times it can not be avoided in busy areas. :shrug:

Big jets never really worried me, you tend to know what their paths will be. It's the small private jets that concerned me. There are plenty of uncontrolled fields they fly in and out of and those guy are like rockett racers! Zipping in and out of nowhere!

As soon as I saw this, I couldn't help but think, "What is it with these Small Planes lately?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100331/ap_on_re_us/us_near_mid_air_collision

I think it has to do with a lot of people looking to crash their plane into the IRS building but can't figure out where it is. :hysterical:

Archived