TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed one peice driveshaft

Yesterday we installed the one-piece drive shaft from the SHelby Store. Its looks simply amazing and now I have to get use to how the car will perform with this new mod.

Have any of you who installed the one-piece driveshaft noticed more tire spin?

Edited by NordicShelby

Yesterday we installed the one-peice drive shaft from the SHelby Store. Its looks simply amazing and now I have to get use to how the car will perform with this new mod.

I will post pictures later tonight after I download them.

I pulled up to a stoplight and there was this Charger SRT8 we both looked at each other and smiled as sooon as the light turned green we both gunned it. Guess what I LOST MY FIRST STOPLIGHT RACE my car instantly turned into a FIRE BREATHING DRAGON with the wheels spinning out of control and the car is swinging sideways I just let up and put my hands up in the air saying OH SHIPTTTT my car never had that much rear wheel power before.

.hysterical.gif

I usually never had a problem with the rearend going sideways. I have the Whipple 550 and Nittos 555 so yeah its fast but it usually hooks up pretty well. I had the dealership retop off the Nitrogen in the Tires and put them at 35 pounds. Not sure if it that had anything to do with the tires spinning crazy or if I just have that much more rear wheel power from the new driveshaft install. Its indeed noticable and now I have to learn how to feather the pedal at stoplights. hysterical3.gif

I assume he had an automatic which probably is the reason why he wasn't spinning hardly at all. Now some Prick in a SRT is bragging that he beat a SHELBY. banghead.gif

Have any of you who installed the one-peice driveshaft noticed more tire spin?

For me this is why I keep it at the track. Getting sideways, and if you get sudden good traction you may be into another car or a barrier. Good traction is a must so hit the strip. Nothing like a timeslip to prove a point. Be safe. Looks like that drive line was a needed mod.