TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member TVS blower question

snakeman

I am a New member and received my 2010 in Jan. with a trade on my 06 GT. I have a couple of questions as this appears to be an excellent site with knowledgeable members.

1. TVS blower appears on a few topics, what is the expected hp increase, cost and any feedback from members who have upgraded.

2. Sport mode, is this the mode of choice for the most power with every day driving and do I have to set it every time I start?

As you can see I'm just getting my feet wet with this baby but I love it and feel like a kid again every time I punch it! :shift:

I am a New member and received my 2010 in Jan. with a trade on my 06 GT. I have a couple of questions as this appears to be an excellent site with knowledgeable members.

1. TVS blower appears on a few topics, what is the expected hp increase, cost and any feedback from members who have upgraded.

2. Sport mode, is this the mode of choice for the most power with every day driving and do I have to set it every time I start?

As you can see I'm just getting my feet wet with this baby but I love it and feel like a kid again every time I punch it! :shift:

Ill try question 2---i see you have a vert like me, so the suspnesion is a little softer generally.If im dring on curvy roads Ill use Sport Mode,other wise, i use TC off.I never drive in the rain/wet roads, but if you do Id leave the TC on in thet case.I have to set mine each time, but if theres another way,we'll see a post on how to do that

1.The TVS is a great blower. Easy install, OEM look and drivabilty, and excellent power. I have the FRPP 660 hp kit and pro cal tune. That's plenty for me, but you can get crazy with custom tunes, pullies, etc. For my application it was the best choice. I highly recommend it.

2. Yes, you have to set sport mode every time you start it. When you shut the car off the TC defaults back to normal mode.

Ill try question 2---i see you have a vert like me, so the suspnesion is a little softer generally.If im dring on curvy roads Ill use Sport Mode,other wise, i use TC off.I never drive in the rain/wet roads, but if you do Id leave the TC on in thet case.I have to set mine each time, but if theres another way,we'll see a post on how to do that

TC ON or OFF Will have fun experimenting. I do not plan to ride in the rain, all these holes in the hood, and that's another question!

Found this short cut on another post, Tks to Phil,

You can put it into Sport Mode "on the fly". You don't have to stop, just apply the brake enough to light the brake lights and double click the button.

Hope to get on some curvy roads in sports mode soon.

1.The TVS is a great blower. Easy install, OEM look and drivabilty, and excellent power. I have the FRPP 660 hp kit and pro cal tune. That's plenty for me, but you can get crazy with custom tunes, pullies, etc. For my application it was the best choice. I highly recommend it.

2. Yes, you have to set sport mode every time you start it. When you shut the car off the TC defaults back to normal mode.

TVS sounds like the way to go for the future for me, I like easy, thanks for the recommendation.

Hey and what a great bunch of great looking pictures of our snakes on these posts :snake:

Archived