TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LED Fog light bulbs

inyadreems

Please do. This is a much better deal than ACCStyle. I'd like to try a set. I wonder if they have a slight glow like my LED reverse lights from Lethal. (Keep in mind you have to be right up on the light at night)

Here is the response:

Hi-

The leds are extremely efficient and stay cool to the touch when lit. The glass factory bulbs are 18 watts (i think).

The led bulbs will draw only 2-3 watts of power and will stay cool to the touch when lit. They also look much better because the color is more pure white with a slight blue tint. The factory bulbs look really dingy compared to the white leds.

If your vehicle is equipped with an electronic bulb-out warning system, then any led bulb used in a bulb position that is monitored by the electronic bulb-out warning system will likely trigger an electronic bulb-out warning.

Not all bulbs are monitored by the electronic bulb-out warning systems though. To test to see if a bulb is monitored by an electronic bulb-out system, you can remove the bulb to see if you get a warning,

To stop the electronic bulb-out warnings, install a load equalizer across the + and - wires that feed each led bulb that is causing an electronic bulb-out warning. Use one 6 ohm at each led bulb that is 3/4" diameter and larger.

Unfortunately, the circuitry required to do this for the larger tail light and turn signal bulbs is too bulky to fit inside those bulbs, so the load equalizers are still the only solution.

More details on load equalizers can be found at:

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Is the place safe to order from? The presentation is pretty basic and making me reluctant to hand over my credit card number.

Are we looking at the same page? It looks far from basic to me. :headscratch:

Anyway, we'll find out soon. My order status still says "shipping", but I don't have a tracking number. I just left them a message now that you have me paranoid LOL to see if it has indeed shipped.

Are we looking at the same page? It looks far from basic to me. :headscratch:

Anyway, we'll find out soon. My order status still says "shipping", but I don't have a tracking number. I just left them a message now that you have me paranoid LOL to see if it has indeed shipped.

I'm talking about the LED place. Not your place. Sorry for not be specific.

• 2 months later...

I'm waiting on the delivery guy to show up with these...

http://www.venomousstangz.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=148

I spent some time on the phone talking about this product, and was very impressed with their customer service. And they've already made changes to address the bubbling issues by changing it to 25w.

I'm really looking forward to your results. I cant stand the factory color bulb so bad that I never turn them on. Ive been F'ing with HID's and LED's now for the past 6 years and HATE them all but it the only option if you want to look cool. My LED's go out about every 9 months and HID every 18 months. Its never ending as I seem to always have a few LED's burnt out across my fleet.

Archived