TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Off Road X or H pipe

10random

I am looking for an Off road pipe that isn't such a giant PITA. I picked one up used from someone and it has done nothing but cause interference in one place or another on the car. The biggest issue is the X is too far forward and wants to make little metal babies with my driveshaft loop(metco). Does anyone know of an off road X or H(preferred) pipe that connects in the stock position further back?

Nothing better than stock parts.... A GT mustang H-Pipe will fit our cars like a glove... I made an off-road x-pipe out of a stock catted X-pipe just removed the internals. Still has the stock look and fit.... I'll be looking to get rid of the off road X I have next month, waiting on my new headers. Going with Dyanatech but they are on back order for a month.

Nothing better than stock parts.... A GT mustang H-Pipe will fit our cars like a glove... I made an off-road x-pipe out of a stock catted X-pipe just removed the internals. Still has the stock look and fit.... I'll be looking to get rid of the off road X I have next month, waiting on my new headers. Going with Dyanatech but they are on back order for a month.

Didn't know that the GT H-pipes would fit. I thought that the taller deck height of the 5.4 vs the 4.6 necessitated a wider midpipe. This opens up alot of options for people like myself, looking to get an O/R H pipe.

Anyone have any pictures of a GT midpipe installed on a GT500?

How does it sound, and were you able to do this without cutting or welding? Also, does it make any unwanted air noise under you when accelerating?

Archived