TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HID Fog Install on 2010

hawkbarr

Guys I have been looking for a thread from the past on how to install the HID fog lights. Haven't found one yet but am sure they are out there. I bought the 25W 5K from HIDGuy and am just looking for some pics and description on where to put the ballast on a 2010, etc.

Any help would be great !

Thanks,

Hawkbarr

I don't have pics of my install, but I did install this kit a while back.

You need to lift the front of the car, either on ramps (which I did), or if you have access to a lift it will be even easier.

Take off the black shield underneath, its attached with 9-10 small silver screws, you'll need a rachet and I think a 7mm socket. You dont need to remove the front splitter, or any other parts.

Once you get that shield of and get under there, you will see that there is TONS of room to mount the ballasts with the double sided foam tape (supplied in the kit). Looking at the back of the lens housings, I mounted mine to the left of the drivers, and right of the passenger side fog. Inside the front fascia.

If you need help, feel free to PM me and we can talk about it, but once you get under there you'll see how easy it is. Just know that the ends of the wiring harness (after the ballast, have 2 flat metal connectors - these plug directly into the back of the OEM sockets that the original bulbs were in. You can wrap them up nice with electrical tape to seal, or use some clear silicone sealant. THEN - Once you've unplugged the connector clip from the bulb socket, that goes to the pre-wired clip on the other side of the ballast. SIMPLE...

Hope this helps,

GUS

I don't have pics of my install, but I did install this kit a while back.

You need to lift the front of the car, either on ramps (which I did), or if you have access to a lift it will be even easier.

Take off the black shield underneath, its attached with 9-10 small silver screws, you'll need a rachet and I think a 7mm socket. You dont need to remove the front splitter, or any other parts.

Once you get that shield of and get under there, you will see that there is TONS of room to mount the ballasts with the double sided foam tape (supplied in the kit). Looking at the back of the lens housings, I mounted mine to the left of the drivers, and right of the passenger side fog. Inside the front fascia.

If you need help, feel free to PM me and we can talk about it, but once you get under there you'll see how easy it is. Just know that the ends of the wiring harness (after the ballast, have 2 flat metal connectors - these plug directly into the back of the OEM sockets that the original bulbs were in. You can wrap them up nice with electrical tape to seal, or use some clear silicone sealant. THEN - Once you've unplugged the connector clip from the bulb socket, that goes to the pre-wired clip on the other side of the ballast. SIMPLE...

Hope this helps,

GUS

Thank you Gus! I will give it a try . -Barry

• 3 weeks later...

Good info, guys. Thanks.

Hawkbarr, how does 5K look? Does it match the main HID headlamps pretty well? That's sort of the look I'd like. Anyone else use a different temperature bulb?

The factory HID's have a slight yellow cast to them. It's not very apparent until you install the 4,300K OEM While fog lights. Going to a 5,000K White will make it even more apparent.

• 6 months later...

Question for those that have done this before. Was it a true plug and play or did you have to mess around with the wiring? I installed the fog light kit last weekend and the instructions were crap. One of the supplied harnesses had two leads that I had to jam into the car's harness, after identifying the positive and negative, and then tape the whole thing together in order to seal it up. Now I'm wondering if HIDGuy even sent me the right kit. Not happy with them either. They didn't ship the kit when they said they would (had to wait two weeks) and then I had to call them back multiple times to get their email instructions that were as useless as the original instructions. It works fine, got the 4300 which as indicated above is more blue/white than the OEM headlights just thought the supplied harnesses would plug right into the cars harness.

Question for those that have done this before. Was it a true plug and play or did you have to mess around with the wiring? I installed the fog light kit last weekend and the instructions were crap. One of the supplied harnesses had two leads that I had to jam into the car's harness, after identifying the positive and negative, and then tape the whole thing together in order to seal it up. Now I'm wondering if HIDGuy even sent me the right kit. Not happy with them either. They didn't ship the kit when they said they would (had to wait two weeks) and then I had to call them back multiple times to get their email instructions that were as useless as the original instructions. It works fine, got the 4300 which as indicated above is more blue/white than the OEM headlights just thought the supplied harnesses would plug right into the cars harness.

+1

I'm thinking of doing this also. I have searched and read many negative things about the kit from the above vendor. Any thoughts and advice would be great from those who have done it. I'm sitting on the fence swaying back and forth.

Guys I have been looking for a thread from the past on how to install the HID fog lights. Haven't found one yet but am sure they are out there. I bought the 25W 5K from HIDGuy and am just looking for some pics and description on where to put the ballast on a 2010, etc.

Any help would be great !

Thanks,

Hawkbarr

If you got the 5202 hid kit,they just snap back in place where the factory ones come out, if you got a different kit then you may have to mod some. The correct fit is a 5202 and you can get them at most dealers that sell hid kits, and they are a plug and play. I have them on my 2010 in 10k color to match my hid headlights in the same color.

If you got the 5202 hid kit,they just snap back in place where the factory ones come out, if you got a different kit then you may have to mod some. The correct fit is a 5202 and you can get them at most dealers that sell hid kits, and they are a plug and play. I have them on my 2010 in 10k color to match my hid headlights in the same color.

Hello fellow volunteer; Do you have factory HID? If so where did you get your 10k headlight bubs? D3 i believe? 10k must look pretty bold. Did that color reduce visibility? Do the fogs and headlight match well? Any night pics for our viewing pleasure?

Thanks.

Sean

Hello fellow volunteer; Do you have factory HID? If so where did you get your 10k headlight bubs? D3 i believe? 10k must look pretty bold. Did that color reduce visibility? Do the fogs and headlight match well? Any night pics for our viewing pleasure?

Thanks.

Sean

No, I got my hids from hid speed dot com. They are both from there and match up great and visibility is better with these. I have 10k hid on all three of my fords. The kit is H-13/ 9008

Archived