TEAM SHELBY FORUM

what temp should i be running?

i have a 09 gt500 and i just added some digital gages and they are showing i am running at 200 degres farenhight. i have a 2.6 inch super charger pully jbl open air intake and a sct3 chip with custom tunes. i am also running diffrent plugs so i run cooler. is the temp i am running at safe and normal, any 1 with some answers would be great. thanks tony

You have a 192* thermostat from the factory so 200 is normal. You don't need to, but you could change to a 170 thermostat and adjust your fan settings to match. Cooler engine=cooler IAT2=more power. Spark plugs have nothing to do with coolant temp.

You have a 192* thermostat from the factory so 200 is normal. You don't need to, but you could change to a 170 thermostat and adjust your fan settings to match. Cooler engine=cooler IAT2=more power. Spark plugs have nothing to do with coolant temp.

Unless they cause a missfire?????????

Unless they cause a missfire?????????

Humm..what do misfiring plugs have to do with coolant temp :headscratch: Too much boost will cause a too-hot plug to detonate and misfire, but once again, nothing to do with engine temp. The OP said he's running different plugs so he could run cooler. Almost like he thinks cooler plugs will make the car run cooler. Am I missing something?

Humm..what do misfiring plugs have to do with coolant temp :headscratch: Too much boost will cause a too-hot plug to detonate and misfire, but once again, nothing to do with engine temp. The OP said he's running different plugs so he could run cooler. Almost like he thinks cooler plugs will make the car run cooler. Am I missing something?

Good article on Spark Plugs. :peelout:

Spark Plugs: Fact and Fiction

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/spark_plugs_tips/index.html

your running at the right temp. its made to run that hot for MPG, also people stated you could changed out the Tstate an have the fans come on sooner. i left my stock Tstate an fan temps stock

Archived