TEAM SHELBY FORUM

did my eyes decieve me? KR wheels for sale?

ShelbyEra08

I clicked on my shortcut to the shelby store, when i got to the front page, one of products said 2008-09 KR take off wheels and tires with 0 miles on them

the price i think was $2800, i clicked on the link then it said i dont have permission to look at that item and said i needed a password.

now i cant find it again

so Shelby going to sell 18in rims now?

after refreshing the homepage, it popped up again

Shelby GT500KR Wheels are Tires

Our price: $2,899.00

P-RESTRICTED-S8MS-1007-KR4-1.jpg

These wheels are factory original equipment on the 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR. These are sold in sets of four - never mounted, 0 miles, no blems or defects, just production overruns.

then when u click on it:

You do not have access to this page. Please contact customer service for further details on accessing this password protected section.

Hey Matt ,

Scotty here I. Saw the same , but if you read the small print below it states that it is for KR owners only and will require proof that you own one.

Scotty

Yes this is right!!! Really want to know how many of the KR owners will buy them now and sell them then so that they can make some money. Its ok if Shelby say they are only for KR owners but how they want to make sure that they don't will sell them privat.

GAF, the Shelby legal team is really really really good at what they do.

Don't know how they want to do something agains it. If I buy something then its my and I can do with it what I want. I mean I never have hear that if you buy a car or parts that you need to sign something that say you can't sell it to somebody and if yes then I don't think this is legal. :headscratch:

The wheels were made exclusively for the KR and SAI is tasked with keeping them exclusive to KR owners. People have to understand that the wheels are an exclusive item. A few extra sets were sold to a few KR owners and others will be kept in storage for future needs (replacement parts). At that point SAI has done the right thing. The people who buy the wheels now are tasked with keeping them. If they sell them on their own, it's up to them, but SAI can't be blamed for letting these exclusive wheels out to non KR owners.

We're really trying hard to make sure KR or SS parts go only to owners. It's actually a time-consuming process for a small company like Shelby, however, it's necessary.

We had someone here yesterday who needed and wanted a set or KR wheels. Despite their position, they didn't own a KR so - NO KR WHEELS FOR YOU! Gosh, I feel like the Soup Nazi :hysterical:

Archived