TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Degas Bottle

I just picked this up from my local Ford dealer and installed it. The part number is M-8080-A and retails for $160.00. I opened the box and thought it looked a little Blah!!!

I broke out my brand metal polish and gave it a good once over. Then I polished the valve covers, intake plenum, thermostat housing, and so on. Heres the finished results.

DSC02942.jpg

DSC02939.jpg

The cap is crooked. It looks like it was made wrong. The Ford logo should be horizontal. Im working with FRPP on this.

Next up is replacing the tensioner, pullies, and idlers.

I'm guessing that since you don't have it installed that the tank will not accept the billet Shelby caps ? I have been thinking about an aluminum overflow tank and would like to get the Shelby one but it's currently only available in a two tank kit and is rather expensive. I'm leaning towards the Moroso tank (63768) I have seen them for around $135.

Don

Thanks guys. Im looking at other options right now as far as the logo is concerned. The tank is very strong and put together nicely. The shelby caps do not fit. I just put the original cap on the intercooler tank.

Archived