TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock Replacement filters shipping now

Tucker

Chris I have the Ford Racing replacement air filter on my 2010 GT500 and it does not have the screen. I contacted Ford Racing and asked them if it was ok to use as a repalcement filter for the 2010 GT500 and they said yes.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=10509

Keep in mind this is not a reusable filter, but it was blue and matches my grabber blue better then the yellow paper filter.

Jay no chance of a blue filter?

Hey Jay, that's a good looking filter and being a lifetime filter with being open on the end should really allow for better flow.

I see you are in VA, I'm in Northern VA and was thinking about down the line picking up some of your carbon parts, do you allow for pick up at your warehouse? I'd rather make sure the parts aren't damaged and of course save some cash to on shipping to buy more things for the car....haha.

Thanks

Hey Jay, that's a good looking filter and being a lifetime filter with being open on the end should really allow for better flow.

I see you are in VA, I'm in Northern VA and was thinking about down the line picking up some of your carbon parts, do you allow for pick up at your warehouse? I'd rather make sure the parts aren't damaged and of course save some cash to on shipping to buy more things for the car....haha.

Thanks

Come on down. We have a showroom full of goodies for your car.

We welcome walk in traffic

Come on down. We have a showroom full of goodies for your car.

We welcome walk in traffic

Maybe if you threw in one of those cool JLT "T" shirts for the first few customers.

Seriously,..... nice filter Chris!

Hey Jay, sorry I haven't stopped by with my car for you to test your pulley and tune. I decided to skip that step and go straight to a Whipple 3.4L with supporting mods. Not sure if you just want my car for testing and take everything back off and go back to stock? If so, let me know and I can possibly drop it off this weekend.

Glad to know where I can swing by for a replacement filter when the time comes!

Hey Jay, sorry I haven't stopped by with my car for you to test your pulley and tune. I decided to skip that step and go straight to a Whipple 3.4L with supporting mods. Not sure if you just want my car for testing and take everything back off and go back to stock? If so, let me know and I can possibly drop it off this weekend.

Glad to know where I can swing by for a replacement filter when the time comes!

Rob,

I'd love to get the car for a couple days.

I think you got my cell #, or call the shop.

Just placed my order. Finally get rid of that crappy stock filter..

Thanks again Jay..

Alan

Thanks Alan

Jay

We just got the shipment in and they are ready to go.

Direct replacement filters for the 2010 GT500.

Cotton pleated, lifetime reusable air filters.

"Powerstacked" = filtered on the end as well, not capped like others.

FREE SHIPPING

ONLY $59

2010 GT500 Air Filter

thumb2010%20GT500%20filter%20001.jpg

Is this the same size filter as the FRPP Cold Air Intake filter M-9601-D for the 07-09 GT500s?

Will it stay red over time?

Thanks

Is this the same size filter as the FRPP Cold Air Intake filter M-9601-D for the 07-09 GT500s?

Will it stay red over time?

Thanks

I don't know for sure, but I'll look into it.

Any plans for a dyno test to see the HP gains from this new filter? I'd think it would increase air flow volume and also flow rate because of the better material and the open end.

I don't expect much, but will test it as soon as I get another 2010 on the dyno

Jay

Hey Jay put one of the filters on the side for me. Will come down next week for some good German Beer with you together, maybe the last one before I go to Germany.

bandit67, on 26 March 2010 - 11:20 AM, said:

I don't know for sure, but I'll look into it.

Jay

OK, thanks. I've found a red one that fits, but it has a polished end trim piece - I'd prefer the black end trim piece that this filter has.

OK, thanks. I've found a red one that fits, but it has a polished end trim piece - I'd prefer the black end trim piece that this filter has.

Can you measure the flange ID, length of filter and width at base and email them to me?

Jay

Got it today. Seems well construced. The screen that the original has is absent, although I'm not sure what purpose it was supposed to serve. The inner diameter of the sleeve is larger than OEM. I really had to tighten the clamp to get it to hold. I'm keeping the OEM just in case this thing works loose.

The screen comes in all Fords from the Fox body years and it is to help straighten the air flow across the MAF.

Aftermarket filters flow very well and we have been removing this screen for many many years.

The flange on the stock MAF is 5.75" and the filter is 6.0". With the rubber flange of the filter you only need a few more turns of the clamp and it's good and tight. It will never work loose if you have the clamp snug.

The screen comes in all Fords from the Fox body years and it is to help straighten the air flow across the MAF.

Aftermarket filters flow very well and we have been removing this screen for many many years.

The flange on the stock MAF is 5.75" and the filter is 6.0". With the rubber flange of the filter you only need a few more turns of the clamp and it's good and tight. It will never work loose if you have the clamp snug.

Great to hear. I used the grip of a gorilla to clamp her down. Thanks.

Can you measure the flange ID, length of filter and width at base and email them to me?

Jay

Better yet Jay, could you PM me those dimensions off of your red filter? That way, if it's a little different than my FRPP filter, I can at least see if it will still fit inside the filter box.

Ed

Archived