TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted my grilles black

Just had my upper and lower grilles painted black. I would like to replace the mustang with something more "Shelbyish"

Has anybody tried the Shelby lettering like the ones on the trunk lid? Or, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Just had my upper and lower grilles painted black. I would like to replace the mustang with something more "Shelbyish"

Has anybody tried the Shelby lettering like the ones on the trunk lid? Or, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Pictures? and thanks that is my next mod. I love the blacked out look. I have contacted the Shelby store on several occassions about the Shelby Lettering used on the CS6 grill and they sent me the link to the trunk lettering.

Did you paint it or have it powdercoated?

Pictures? and thanks that is my next mod. I love the blacked out look. I have contacted the Shelby store on several occassions about the Shelby Lettering used on the CS6 grill and they sent me the link to the trunk lettering.

Did you paint it or have it powdercoated?

Went with black gloss paint. Looks very stealthy....you'll like it.

I'd like to see some pics too. BTW, the Mustang on the grill is very Shelbyish. That emblem is an exact reproduction of the emblem on the 65 - 66 Shelby GT350's. The 65 - 66 Shelby's are my favorites and I really like the association with them.

I'd like to see some pics too. BTW, the Mustang on the grill is very Shelbyish. That emblem is an exact reproduction of the emblem on the 65 - 66 Shelby GT350's. The 65 - 66 Shelby's are my favorites and I really like the association with them.

+1 on the running horse. The grill is my favorite styling cue on the SGT.

Hmmm...you may have a point. Thx

Got a couple of exterior mods to finish, and then I'll post some pics.

i painted my grill black a couple years ago and made this emblem out of two separate emblems...

sgtsc022.jpg

sgtsc014.jpg

this is what i have now...

IMG_2884.jpg

Now that's what I call stealthy...very very nice. Thanks for comments on the running horse. Think I'll stay with it.

i painted my grill black a couple years ago and made this emblem out of two separate emblems...

sgtsc022.jpg

sgtsc014.jpg

this is what i have now...

IMG_2884.jpg

I was considering painting, but I was afraid of it chipping off. Have you had any problems with it?

Thanks,

Russ

thanks, guys! i did mini write-up on the splitter in this thread...

russ, i did have some chipping, which was easy enough to touch-up, but i think had i used either an enamal paint (like caliper paint) or base and few coats of clear, as opposed to a rattle can, i wouldn't have had nearly as much, if any chipping.

russ, i did have some chipping, which was easy enough to touch-up, but i think had i used either an enamal paint (like caliper paint) or base and few coats of clear, as opposed to a rattle can, i wouldn't have had nearly as much, if any chipping.

I'm afraid my new tire setup is going to give me too much gap at the front bumper, this might help fix that look.. I've been staring at them for a while.

Love the look...You might be the AMG of mustangs.

Archived