TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What makes our KR's so valuable in the long run?

CrzyHorse

I would think, based on classic vehicle sales, that the entire KR would be most valuable 100% original. I mean OEM tires,wheels,everything. Any mod no matter how small will eventually affect the price (albeit not for another 40 years). My .02 is on the CF items for the most valuable individual parts besides the drivetrain.

I would think, based on classic vehicle sales, that the entire KR would be most valuable 100% original. I mean OEM tires,wheels,everything. Any mod no matter how small will eventually affect the price (albeit not for another 40 years). My .02 is on the CF items for the most valuable individual parts besides the drivetrain.

I mean realistically tires are useless in 40 years. They would have to be replaced at some point. So idk if EVERYTHING is important.

The 18" KR stock wheels are also up there value wise. Which is why I took mine off and put on the Alcoa 20' wheels. I'd strangely enough rather ding or mess up the 20's to make sure my 18' stock wheels stay mint. But I do agree the KR package as a whole is the VALUE down the road.

I think anything stamped with GT500KR on it help make our cars unique. The billet aluminum caps in the engine compartment are stamped KR. The airbox is unique for the KR because it has the rubber seal over the inlet tube, which helps to fully seal the airbox from the rest of the engine compartment. The seats have GT500KR embroidered in them. And I agree with CrzyHorse, the engine and transmission are definitely coded for our individual car. The wheels and hood are certainly the most desirable parts that a lot of people want. I am so excited being one of the few that have this car. I love the entire car!!!

What parts are going to specifically recognized as parts for the KR? I know our block and transmission have our vin stamped on it. Are there any oth rparts that are identifiable specifically for our car with some sort of number or something of that sort.

As far as parts being specifically recognized as "KR" parts in the future....

Mufflers

X pipe H pipe

Sway bars

Rear end vent canister

Aluminum differential cover

KR shifter ball

CF splitter

CF hood

All KR insignia (faux gas cap, engine caps, head rests, horn button)

18" Alcoa "KR" rims

Front brake cooling kit

V6 rear spoiler (will be advertised as a "KR" spoiler in later years)

You'll see these parts spread out on a blanket in 40 years at a swap meet somewhere.

Mufflers

X pipe

Sway bars

Rear end vent canister

KR shifter ball

CF splitter

CF hood

18" Alcoa "KR" rims

Front brake cooling kit

You'll see these parts spread out on a blanket in 40 years at a swap meet somewhere.

KR has an H pipe Not a X pipe? Shelby Signature on the dash with # plus vin plate on engine cross member.

KR has an H pipe Not a X pipe? Shelby Signature on the dash with # plus vin plate on engine cross member.

KR has an X pipe. GT-500 has the H pipe oops, I was wrong.

I did not include the Shelby Plaques as that's a given. You should NOT find them at a swap meet 40 years from now. If so, it means the car was totaled and the registry should reflect that.

I looked under my car to see what the heck was going on and I found the rare S pipe. I know it doesn't flow as well as the H pipe, but I think it's the rare Shelby pipe. Maybe someone is playing with me? :doh:

The H pipe makes are cars sound so cool. I have heard a GT500 with our mufflers and they don't sound as good. SVT did a great job getting the sound just right .

Agreed. I put the KR axlebacks on my gt500 and it didn't sound near as good as the KR.

In fact, I think the KR is actually the best overall sounding exhaust I have ever heard!

+1 :beerchug:

I can't believe how much better (and louder) the H sounds compared to the X. :rockon:

The H pipe makes are cars sound so cool. I have heard a GT500 with our mufflers and they don't sound as good. SVT did a great job getting the sound just right .

Shelby does the H pipe conversion. They cut out the original and add the H. It is such a unique and incredibly awesome sound!

To me, the KR is just a very special part of Shelby history. I still can't see me doing any mods to it, other than a few cosmetic things I've already done (KR mats, center console cover, brake fluid reservoir cap, strut caps, battery tie-down cap, etc). Although you should "never say never", I really can't see myself ever doing anything to the motor, wheels, suspension, etc. If its good enough for Carol Shelby to put his name on the dash plaque, its good enough for me!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the horn button on the KR says nothing more than GT500. I wish it was KR specific.

Mufflers

X pipe H pipe

Sway bars

Rear end vent canister

KR shifter ball

CF splitter

CF hood

18" Alcoa "KR" rims

Front brake cooling kit

Its kinda weird in a way but quirky stuff like that i.e. no KR specific steering wheel cap may actually add to the desirebility of stock KR's left original. There are tons of examples of guys changing stuff on classic cars that they thought should have been changed by the manufacturer but then years later guys are scrambling around to find the original OEM parts to change it back to stock.

One example, some street 427 Cobras came with Star Burst wheels. Many guys changed to Halibrand style wheels ala' SC style wheels. After the cars became collector items many guys with original street cars were scrambling to find Star Burst wheels to put back on. I sure others here can think of similar examples.

That would make me think that it should be KR specific so there would be less of them available in 40 yrs. I want my KR, and it's parts as limited as can be. But I wouldn't mind putting a KR cap on it that can come off.

Its kinda weird in a way but quirky stuff like that i.e. no KR specific steering wheel cap may actually add to the desirebility of stock KR's left original. There are tons of examples of guys changing stuff on classic cars that they thought should have been changed by the manufacturer but then years later guys are scrambling around to find the original OEM parts to change it back to stock.

One example, some street 427 Cobras came with Star Burst wheels. Many guys changed to Halibrand style wheels ala' SC style wheels. After the cars became collector items many guys with original street cars were scrambling to find Star Burst wheels to put back on. I sure others here can think of similar examples.

I can tell you first hand in order to get KR parts you MUST own one. I purchased a KR with 1027 miles on her and someone removed the billet caps before they shipped the car. Well the dealer made good but Ford wanted a police report , pictures and i had to be in the Shelby register . It toke 2 months and alot of jumping though hoops before i got those caps. The dealer paid over $ 900 for the caps. I also was one of the few that got the cap for the power steering . Ford and Shelby are doing a great job on keeping our parts in the right hands and Wendy was very helpfull @ Shelby .If anyone lives in the Chicago area the Chicago Toy Store is a first class operation with GREAT prices. The salesman who gave me his word and lived up to it is Mike Witthoft @ 773-936-6283.

Archived