TEAM SHELBY FORUM

List of Ford dealers whom withdraw from GT500 agreements

Evil95GT

The purpose of this thread is to start a list alerting potential buyers to the dealers who have made agreements with GT500 buyers, only to break those agreements when ordering/purchasing time arrived.

Here's what we need to do here. Please include the following information:

* Dealership name

* Dealership location

* Contact information

* Facts relating to how the dealership withdrew from your agreement

* What (if any) information you had in writing

We need this one to be a consistant list. For the concern of price gouging, we have a separate thread. Please limit your replies *only* to the topic of dealerships who have backed out of a pre-arranged deal on a Shelby GT500.

Mike Naughton Ford

Denver Colorado

I received the followng e-mail (note the date):

In a message dated 9/1/2005 4:38:10 P.M. Central Standard Time, info@bigmike.com writes:

Ron,

I just spoke with our GM, and you?re the first person to go on our GT 500 list! As soon as we get some more info we can start discussing price and deposits. All I need to complete the list is that information I requested in my prior email (physical address and 2 phone #?s).

Thanks,

Jake Ensminger

Internet Sales Manager

Mike Naughton Ford

(303) 343-1900

I subsequently gave him my name and the info he asked for.... and he sent me this e-mail:

In a message dated 9/1/2005 7:27:58 P.M. Central Standard Time, info@bigmike.com writes:

Ron,

You?re on the list! I?ll keep you updated with any new information.

Thanks

Jake Ensminger

(303) 343-1900

When I called on Jan 19th to confirm again and ask when ordering started, the manager, phil bonfanti, told me "we will probably only get one of these cars, and I'll probably be the one buying it" I could not believe my ears when I heard what phil said, so I called the owner, mike naughton. He said "if anyone is going to the car, it will be me". unbelievable! :nonono:

Please avoid this dealer if you can. Fortunately, i was able to get pretty high on another list and should be receiving one of the shelby's. think long and hard before you deal with big Mike naughton ford in denver!

Mike Naughton Ford

Denver Colorado

At our dearship we are selling the only one we have left to order at $5,000 OBO.

Bud Murray

bud@fishervinentford.com

In a message dated 9/1/2005 4:38:10 P.M. Central Standard Time, info@bigmike.com writes:

Ron,

I just spoke with our GM, and you?re the first person to go on our GT 500 list! As soon as we get some more info we can start discussing price and deposits. All I need to complete the list is that information I requested in my prior email (physical address and 2 phone #?s).

Thanks,

Jake Ensminger

Internet Sales Manager

Mike Naughton Ford

(303) 343-1900

I subsequently gave him my name and the info he asked for.... and he sent me this e-mail:

In a message dated 9/1/2005 7:27:58 P.M. Central Standard Time, info@bigmike.com writes:

Ron,

Thanks

Jake Ensminger

(303) 343-1900

When I called on Jan 19th to confirm again and ask when ordering started, the manager, phil bonfanti, told me "we will probably only get one of these cars, and I'll probably be the one buying it" I could not believe my ears when I heard what phil said, so I called the owner, mike naughton. He said "if anyone is going to the car, it will be me". unbelievable! :nonono:

Please avoid this dealer if you can. Fortunately, i was able to get pretty high on another list and should be receiving one of the shelby's. think long and hard before you deal with big Mike naughton ford in denver!

Mike Naughton Ford

Denver Colorado

Ron,

Thanks,

Jake Ensminger

Internet Sales Manager

Mike Naughton Ford

(303) 343-1900

Ron,

Thanks

Jake Ensminger

(303) 343-1900

BoneDoc,

I've had my share of issues with Mike Naughton Ford as well (not related to the Shelby). I'll never deal with them.

BTW, what dealership are you on the list with now?

BoneDoc,

I've had my share of issues with Mike Naughton Ford as well (not related to the Shelby). I'll never deal with them.

BTW, what dealership are you on the list with now?

I am on first on the list at champion ford of boulder...

they have assured me that they will be getting at least one, and have been pretty upfront about everything so far. They are asking 10K over MSRP... seems like a lot, but for the local market here, it is about average, i think.

I am still "on the list" at mike naughton.... but i do not have high hopes. They (Mike Naughton ford) did e-mail me yesterday, though to ask what my option request would be IF they decide to sell... so who knows. I do not want to drop off of any lists until I have one in the bag.

where are you getting your GT500 from?

I am on first on the list at champion ford of boulder...

they have assured me that they will be getting at least one, and have been pretty upfront about everything so far. They are asking 10K over MSRP... seems like a lot, but for the local market here, it is about average, i think.

I am still "on the list" at mike naughton.... but i do not have high hopes. They (Mike Naughton ford) did e-mail me yesterday, though to ask what my option request would be IF they decide to sell... so who knows. I do not want to drop off of any lists until I have one in the bag.

where are you getting your GT500 from?

That great news. I hope Champion treats you right. Good luck.

I've been dealing with Medved in Castle Rock. I was #3 on their list at $10K over MRSP. Unfortunately, they've started playing some games, so I'm not very confident things wll work out for me. I'm still holding out hope, but only time will tell. I've had no luck getting any decent spots on any other lists. It seems lists are 40-50 people long, or the dealership wants to charge an insane markup (i.e. $30K to $50K over MSRP)

That great news. I hope Champion treats you right. Good luck.

I've been dealing with Medved in Castle Rock. I was #3 on their list at $10K over MRSP. Unfortunately, they've started playing some games, so I'm not very confident things wll work out for me. I'm still holding out hope, but only time will tell. I've had no luck getting any decent spots on any other lists. It seems lists are 40-50 people long, or the dealership wants to charge an insane markup (i.e. $30K to $50K over MSRP)

Just MHO, but, $10,000.00 is an insane markup.

Well, I've decided to part ways with Medved Ford and their $10K markup where I was #3 on the list. I got tired of playing their games. I just got the #1 spot at another dealer with just a $2K markup, and I'm heading down to place my order tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Well, I've decided to part ways with Medved Ford and their $10K markup where I was #3 on the list. I got tired of playing their games. I just got the #1 spot at another dealer with just a $2K markup, and I'm heading down to place my order tomorrow. Wish me luck!

amazing that you could pull that off!

where did you get that deal? I have SCOURED the denver area and had no offers even close, and no less than 10 on current wait lists? good for you!

where did you get that deal? I have SCOURED the denver area and had no offers even close, and no less than 10 on current wait lists? good for you!

The key is getting out of the Denver metro area. I went to fordvehicles.com and got a list of every dealer in Colorado and emailed every one of 'em this morning. I'm going to have to drive a bit, but I'll drive a long way to save $8K. I'll let you know where I got the deal once I get my order in. I don't want to jinx it. :happy feet:

The key is getting out of the Denver metro area. I went to fordvehicles.com and got a list of every dealer in Colorado and emailed every one of 'em this morning. I'm going to have to drive a bit, but I'll drive a long way to save $8K. I'll let you know where I got the deal once I get my order in. I don't want to jinx it. :happy feet:

Great news, and good detective work! You're right... I'd drive awful far for $8000 savings!!

Good work. I'd encourage everyone to do the same until you find a car at a reasonable price. Just giving in to big markups makes the market worse. Shopping around and getting better deals helps the next guy. When enough people do that to leave cars on the lot, the markups will go away.

BoneDoc,

If you are interested, Big Valley Ford in La Junta, CO still has no one on their list. They are asking for a $3K deposit and $5K over MSRP. They may be willing to come down on that price since I just told them I got mine elsewhere for less. I was dealing with Larry Miles: (719) 384-5421

Also, the #2 spot is still available at Steamboat Motors in Steamboat Springs. No word on markup. They are not an SVT dealer, so I'm not sure if they'll even get 2, but it might be worth a try: (970) 879-8880.

Archived