TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust Tip Rust

I just noticed that my exhaust tips have several areas that rust is developing. What materials are these tips made of? I did not think that they would start rusting this easily especially in the garage. Also are these parts under warranty for Shelby or Ford Racing?

08sgt1289

I just noticed that my exhaust tips have several areas that rust is developing. What materials are these tips made of? I did not think that they would start rusting this easily especially in the garage. Also are these parts under warranty for Shelby or Ford Racing?

08sgt1289

I agree with Kahmann, Wenol will do the job. Just rub it on, scrub, and wife off, repeat until the tarnish stains are gone. On the INSIDE of the tip I used a little "0000 steel wool" and now both of my cars have new looking tips. During washing of the cars I now spray a little Wheel and Tire cleaner on the tips but the tips must be COLD. Hope this helps. Larry

00 steel wool found at any hardware store and rub on the whole tip with soap and water. Then follow up with a good metal polish. I detailed a GTH with tips that had two colors on them rust and carbon buildup. They came clean and the client was happy with the results. He was going to buy new mufflers before I cleaned them up. Good luck.

00 steel wool found at any hardware store and rub on the whole tip with soap and water. Then follow up with a good metal polish. I detailed a GTH with tips that had two colors on them rust and carbon buildup. They came clean and the client was happy with the results. He was going to buy new mufflers before I cleaned them up. Good luck.

Ditto!!!!

:shift:

Archived