TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust Tip Length Differences 07/09-10/11

J-Train

I am looking for a nice axleback to compliment my X-pipe, several companies have carried over the 07-09 axlebacks and claim they fit the 2010. Several companies have a different part number for 2010 and up.

The question I have is how much actual difference in tip length is there? Are the 07-09 tips short enough to actually melt the valance or will they just be a little further sunk in to the valence, i.e less noticeable.

There are alot more options out there for the 07-09 cars as I am sure you guys have noticed.

If you are running the 07-09 axlebacks on your 2010 chime in and let me know what you got and any issues you have had.

I am looking for a nice axleback to compliment my X-pipe, several companies have carried over the 07-09 axlebacks and claim they fit the 2010. Several companies have a different part number for 2010 and up.

The question I have is how much actual difference in tip length is there? Are the 07-09 tips short enough to actually melt the valance or will they just be a little further sunk in to the valence, i.e less noticeable.

There are alot more options out there for the 07-09 cars as I am sure you guys have noticed.

If you are running the 07-09 axlebacks on your 2010 chime in and let me know what you got and any issues you have had.

there are sevral posts on this,but when i researched it theres an inch difference--and you dont want to go short or it'll melt the rear valance

Also, it tends to look stupid. Get one designed for the 2010.

Well, IMHO tips sticking out too far looks stupid as well, looking at my stock tips, they actually would look better 1 inch further back, the top (longest) part of the tip would be almost flush with the edge of the valence.

I searched, I could not find any pictures or much info actually, just a couple of things. I have been looking at alot of axle back systems, and there are SEVERAL manufacturers that say have the same system for 05-10. Examples: Pypes and Corsa just to name a couple

Still looking for someone that actualy has ran the 05-09 axleback and melted their valence. Not saying it can not happen, cause I believe it can, but I would like a actual example.

Well, IMHO tips sticking out too far looks stupid as well, looking at my stock tips, they actually would look better 1 inch further back, the top (longest) part of the tip would be almost flush with the edge of the valence.

I searched, I could not find any pictures or much info actually, just a couple of things. I have been looking at alot of axle back systems, and there are SEVERAL manufacturers that say have the same system for 05-10. Examples: Pypes and Corsa just to name a couple

Still looking for someone that actualy has ran the 05-09 axleback and melted their valence. Not saying it can not happen, cause I believe it can, but I would like a actual example.

during my seach i found that Corsa has added an inch to their exhaust systems for 2010--talked to a Corsa factory guy, and it was comfirmed by a TS forum memember

by the way,if you search "melt" youll find some interesting posts---heres one that may help http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52616-pypes-pype-bombs-a-roush-alternative/

during my seach i found that Corsa has added an inch to their exhaust systems for 2010--talked to a Corsa factory guy, and it was comfirmed by a TS forum memember

by the way,if you search "melt" youll find some interesting posts---heres one that may help http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52616-pypes-pype-bombs-a-roush-alternative/

i talked to the corsa guy as well. he told me the same thing but i just dont believe it because they use the same part number for 05-10. if they have added an inch to the axleback it would stick out on the 07-09 i think.

i was also told there was enough adjustment to get them where you wanted.

i didnt really see anything about melting in that thread. on my 03 Cobra i actually did melt the valence with a 4" bassani tip that was fully adjustable. the tip moved and was rubbing on one side.

i talked to the corsa guy as well. he told me the same thing but i just dont believe it because they use the same part number for 05-10. if they have added an inch to the axleback it would stick out on the 07-09 i think.

i was also told there was enough adjustment to get them where you wanted.

i didnt really see anything about melting in that thread. on my 03 Cobra i actually did melt the valence with a 4" bassani tip that was fully adjustable. the tip moved and was rubbing on one side.

I have searched too, just entering the word "Melt" and have came up with a whole lot of nothing as far as actual incidents, a guy with a SS had a issue, but evidently was a improperly installed axleback from the factory. A whole lot of hearsay. I can see if they are not centered correctly melting the valence.

Oh well

I have searched too, just entering the word "Melt" and have came up with a whole lot of nothing as far as actual incidents, a guy with a SS had a issue, but evidently was a improperly installed axleback from the factory. A whole lot of hearsay. I can see if they are not centered correctly melting the valence.

Oh well

+1

Archived