TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powdercoated Valve Covers

I got my valvecovers back from the powdercoater today. :happy feet: :happy feet:

They're going to be part of an upcoming project I'm going to embark on the end of the month. I decided to do something a little different than put on the blue Ford Racing ones. I'll take some pictures and post them when the project is done, but until then, here they are.

New unfinished ones

DSC05751.jpg

DSC05752.jpg

DSC05753.jpg

The finished product

no flash

DSC05757.jpg

with flash

DSC05758.jpg

with flash

DSC05756.jpg

What do you think? Even though it looks like it, there are no flaws in the coating. It's just very reflective.

I can't wait to get them on.

They look great! I also chose to powdercoat my cam covers recently, but decided on black, since the rest of my bay is already blue.

But that blue ought to really pop nicely in your white engine bay.

Do you have a seal driver set? I recommend lightly coating the outside of the VCT solenoid seals in each cover with motor oil, to help get them in there. They are a really tight squeeze, so you need to really take care in order to not tear them up.

DSC00554.jpg?t=1269066186

Looking Gorgeous Dan and Ken. These car really should have had powdercoated valve covers from Ford, and at the least, part of the SGT package,

The Vista Blue is going to look incredible in the the white engine bay.....

Alex

They look great! I also chose to powdercoat my cam covers recently, but decided on black, since the rest of my bay is already blue.

But that blue ought to really pop nicely in your white engine bay.

DSC00554.jpg?t=1269066186

I think they'll look good in the white bay too, especially with something polished sitting on top of them.

Damn... no more hints until the project is done.. :hysterical:

Dan

I got my valvecovers back from the powdercoater today. :happy feet: :happy feet:

They're going to be part of an upcoming project I'm going to embark on the end of the month. I decided to do something a little different than put on the blue Ford Racing ones. I'll take some pictures and post them when the project is done, but until then, here they are.

What do you think? Even though it looks like it, there are no flaws in the coating. It's just very reflective.

How much were you charged for the powdercoating? Thanks...

New unfinished ones

DSC05751.jpg

DSC05752.jpg

DSC05753.jpg

The finished product

Very nice all you need now is a sign warning people of blindness

no flash

DSC05757.jpg

with flash

DSC05758.jpg

with flash

DSC05756.jpg

How much were you charged for the powdercoating? Thanks...

They were $55 each. The shop was recommended to me by my mechanic friend in Murrieta.

You just have to knock out the seals and get new ones. Like Ken said, you just have to pop in the new ones when done.

Dan

I was doing some detail work on th engine this afternoon and was thinking about powdercoat ideas for the cam covers. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a clear powdercoat?

I think I remember seeing a clear powdercoat some where. My idea is to scrub the cam covers with a scotchbrite for the brushed alluminum appearance and then having a clear powdercoat applied if there is such a thing.

This is close to stock as I could get

Your engine bay looks killer, Rick!

Looks nice Ken and Rick. I am going to have my Canton expansion tank for the Paxton powder coated black. Just have not had the time to do it. This is good motivation.

You won't regret it Harald. I just dropped my Moroso coolant expansion tank off last week to get powder coated black to match my cam covers, timing cover, and oil pan. I'll post some pics of it after I pick it up on Monday.

WoW, is all I can say about the covers. What color Blue did you use? I want the same exact color on mine.

Thanks - Doc :salute:

It's Vista Blue, or as close as he could come to it. Not an exact match to my VB pit stripes, but pretty close.

Dan

They look fantastic Dan! They will look even better about the 1st of the month lol :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hey Leanne..what type of hood mounting brackets did SAI use to mount your Deep Draw hood as part of the Terlingua pkg? I am looking a changing mine out and looking for suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived