TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Digital Boost Gauge Install

Hey guys...I got the AutoMeter Cobalt Digital Boost Gauge. It has a sensor with a 1/8th NPT thread on the end of it. It says to screw it into the intake somehow. I have a Whipple 2.9L. Can you guys please shed some light on this? Very detailed instructions and pictures would be GREAT. I also have a mechanical boost gauge as a backup in case I can't figure this out, so if any of you have pictures/instructions for me on the mechanical boost gauge installation, I would appreciate that too. Thank you.

Hey guys...I got the AutoMeter Cobalt Digital Boost Gauge. It has a sensor with a 1/8th NPT thread on the end of it. It says to screw it into the intake somehow. I have a Whipple 2.9L. Can you guys please shed some light on this? Very detailed instructions and pictures would be GREAT. I also have a mechanical boost gauge as a backup in case I can't figure this out, so if any of you have pictures/instructions for me on the mechanical boost gauge installation, I would appreciate that too. Thank you.

I don't know about the 2.9 but on my stock/OEM SC there is a vacuum port on the front of the intake, just below the SC seam. A vacuum hose runs from it to the fuel rail which I suspect is the vacuum signal for the fuel pressure regulator.

You can tee into that or use your 1/8" NPT fitting in the existing hole and tee into your vac/boost gauge line to the FP reg.

Or you can drill/tap a new hole in the intake *BELOW* the SC (i.e. downstream) and be done with it.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Archived