TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#895 is finally home

After 2 years of dreaming,drooling and lots of other adverbs 08KR0895 is finally home with his brothers.

I've watched this KR since the owner of the dealership drove it off the carrier and into the showroom 2 years ago. We've bought several new vehicles from LB Smith Ford in Lemoyne,PA over the last couple of years and every time I would go into the showroom all time would stop, heavenly music would start playing and a single beam of sunlight would illuminate the car. LOL. The next thing I would know would be my wife slapping me out of it and reminding me of the price. The dealership originally put a $50K ADM on it not because they wanted to sell it at that but rather because the owner also fell in love with it and was planning on simply using it as a showroom piece until as he put it "was no more". I would joke with him (half-seriously) about making a deal on it and he said it was his baby,etc... I felt like when I was trying to impress my future father in law on the first couple of dates with my now wife.

I would dream about this car (quite literally) and for me no other KR existed only 895. I bought an' 09 Bullitt as a "Sunday driver" but still 89 called to me. It was almost calling to me. My wife thought I was nuts and my oldest son didn't help matters by telling to buy it but hide it from mom. Yeah and that would have worked out well :finger:

So our budget allowed for it but I just couldn't get them to deal so I went looking elsewhere. Kudos to Don Donelson (1badsho) who worked like hell to locate me one but it seemed like they were already sold or something. He really tried and I can't thank him enough for his working for me. I was very close to buying a few of them but still 895 called to me. So, while getting my wife's truck serviced I wandered in to look at it. I told Bill Yiengst (my salesman) that I would have to buy a KR elsewhere although I didn't want to. A few minutes later the owner walks up and we start to talk about it and I once again explained just how obsessed I was with it. So, he says you really want this car? What are your plans with it? I told him that it will one day (40 years from now) be willed to my oldest son and will go to local shows,cruise ins, etc... He says OK , You are the only one who loves this car more than I do ( He kept the keys in his office and the salesmen were not allowed to open it, get in it, etc...) make me an offer. I immediately gave him one.

Boom-SOLD- just like that. In fact I was rather stunned and thought he was joking until he said when do you want to drive it home.

This car had a $50K ADM for 2 years and he turned many MUCH better offers than I made but suddenly it was mine for a crazy price! I picked it up yesterday and took so many pics that my camera battery freaking died. So pics will come tomorrow hopefully. Sorry to ramble on but I just had to get it out. Its in the registry as of last night. I have one pic from my phone attached. More to come soon...

2008GT500KR001.jpg

Congrats. That's an awesome story and I'm glad you're the one getting it. A brand new 40th anniversary KR!! You won't believe for months and maybe years that you actually own one, and the first drive home is really exciting.

Thanks all. It still has not set in yet that I have a 40th KR in the garage! It's the only KR that I know of in the area and all the neighborhood has stopped by to take a look at the "king". My neighbor's son came out yelling for his dad to look at the "race car" in the driveway. He owns a new challenger SRT 8. The boy said to my neighbor "Dad, that car looks waaaay faster than yours!" LMAO! The dad almost had steam coming from his ears. Oh well :hysterical: Anyway, here are some pictures with his brothers, a 2009 Bullitt #6282 and a 2010 F150 Lariat Supercrew. The KR though literally draws stares from everyone !

0052.jpg

0042.jpg

0082.jpg

I really enjoyed reading your story and that is what ownership is all about . The weather is 73 and sunny here in hotlanta and it's time for a drive . See YA !! The neighbors are bringing their children in .

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your recent purchase of #895 KR in Camp Hill PA

I looked At that KR for many months but they seamed like they didn' want to sell it.

I bought #823 KR from phila area and love it

It lives in lewisberry area with its garage mate Challenger SRT8

After 2 years of dreaming,drooling and lots of other adverbs 08KR0895 is finally home with his brothers.

I've watched this KR since the owner of the dealership drove it off the carrier and into the showroom 2 years ago. We've bought several new vehicles from LB Smith Ford in Lemoyne,PA over the last couple of years and every time I would go into the showroom all time would stop, heavenly music would start playing and a single beam of sunlight would illuminate the car. LOL. The next thing I would know would be my wife slapping me out of it and reminding me of the price. The dealership originally put a $50K ADM on it not because they wanted to sell it at that but rather because the owner also fell in love with it and was planning on simply using it as a showroom piece until as he put it "was no more". I would joke with him (half-seriously) about making a deal on it and he said it was his baby,etc... I felt like when I was trying to impress my future father in law on the first couple of dates with my now wife.

I would dream about this car (quite literally) and for me no other KR existed only 895. I bought an' 09 Bullitt as a "Sunday driver" but still 89 called to me. It was almost calling to me. My wife thought I was nuts and my oldest son didn't help matters by telling to buy it but hide it from mom. Yeah and that would have worked out well :finger:

So our budget allowed for it but I just couldn't get them to deal so I went looking elsewhere. Kudos to Don Donelson (1badsho) who worked like hell to locate me one but it seemed like they were already sold or something. He really tried and I can't thank him enough for his working for me. I was very close to buying a few of them but still 895 called to me. So, while getting my wife's truck serviced I wandered in to look at it. I told Bill Yiengst (my salesman) that I would have to buy a KR elsewhere although I didn't want to. A few minutes later the owner walks up and we start to talk about it and I once again explained just how obsessed I was with it. So, he says you really want this car? What are your plans with it? I told him that it will one day (40 years from now) be willed to my oldest son and will go to local shows,cruise ins, etc... He says OK , You are the only one who loves this car more than I do ( He kept the keys in his office and the salesmen were not allowed to open it, get in it, etc...) make me an offer. I immediately gave him one.

Boom-SOLD- just like that. In fact I was rather stunned and thought he was joking until he said when do you want to drive it home.

This car had a $50K ADM for 2 years and he turned many MUCH better offers than I made but suddenly it was mine for a crazy price! I picked it up yesterday and took so many pics that my camera battery freaking died. So pics will come tomorrow hopefully. Sorry to ramble on but I just had to get it out. Its in the registry as of last night. I have one pic from my phone attached. More to come soon...

2008GT500KR001.jpg

Archived