TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Armor All Wheel Protectant

Imatk

AWESOME! Check it out :)

Armor All Wheel Protectant

Out - friggen - standing. Imatk, thanks tons for posting this. I live on a dirt road and keeping these cars clean is next to impossible. I just put sequential tail lights in both cars last week and I coudn't believe how much dust was behind the lights. It is actually embarrassing for me when I drive them because one trip down the road makes them look like I neglect the heck out of them. It's very frustrating. At least this product will help cure one issue. Thanks again! :salute:

Out - friggen - standing. Imatk, thanks tons for posting this. I live on a dirt road and keeping these cars clean is next to impossible. I just put sequential tail lights in both cars last week and I coudn't believe how much dust was behind the lights. It is actually embarrassing for me when I drive them because one trip down the road makes them look like I neglect the heck out of them. It's very frustrating. At least this product will help cure one issue. Thanks again! :salute:

Hey glad I could help :)

I tried it on my son's truck first, and I must say i'm not real happy with the white film it leaves. I think I'll just keep waxing my wheels.

That's odd, I don't have any white film on either of my cars :headscratch:

I just got back from driving around with some heavy braking and all I can say is it works. I still have the stock brake pads on my and usually it leaves the rims mess.

Yep same here... my rims will have a dusting of black on them after just a short drive... they don't after this stuff :)

Put this on a few days ago. The wheels are still gathering dust, just a slower rate. Maybe I wasn't "liberal" enough? :)

I wouldn't think anything is as good as washing,but if it slows the brake dust accumulation i'm good i'm not ready for new brake pads yet

Picked up a bottle today at Advance...O'reillys didn't carry it...

$9 a bottle, I hope it works! Going to try it out tomorrow!

Got to chatting with this gearhead young chick that worked there and we exchanged some detail tips that I would have never thought of. Then as I checked out and started to walk out I heard this shrill of a scream and looked back and she had her mouth covered with both hands and was saying, that's your Shelby isn't it. I laughed and said well, yeah it is...she made everyone from the back come up and go out and look at it, she knew the specs on it as good as I did. The guys couldn't even come close to her knowledge, then one guy wheezed out a groan and said well duh...she lives and breaths Mustangs, that's her Cobra R over there, I looked over and this mono-chromatic canary yellow slammed Cobra with the sickest wheels I've ever seen on a car was at the end of the parking row. Then one guy spewed out, y'all should race! I laughed and looked at her and she smiled and said I would, but I already know I couldn't even come close, then goes into she's only had head work (and all the guys started high fiving each other and she turned a very bright red) and couple other little mods. I just smiled and hugged her shoulder and said that was fine, but she needs to call me if she enters a car show with it, because I would definitely sit that one out! Everyone had a good laugh. Who'd a thought it.....

After reading all the posts, and looking at the video, I have a few questions for someone who has used it...

* Do you just spray it all over the rims and not worry about how it looks until it dries, or do you have to apply it like a spray paint and make sure it doesn't run of get crap stuck in it (like bugs and dust)?

* I assume the rims need to be IMMACULATE before you apply this? (Otherwise you will be sealing in dirt for 'all eternity')

* What it you are careless and get overspray on the cars fenders? (Not that any of us would do such a thing....)

* If you do get it on the paint, how do you clean it off?

* Do you need to mask off the tires?

* How long does it last?

* Is it perfectly clear?

* If I do the inside of the wheels as well, which I certainly would, will new wheel weight stick to the rims or just fall off?

Lots of questions I know, but this stuff looks too good to be true!!!

Z-man

After reading all the posts, and looking at the video, I have a few questions for someone who has used it...

* Do you just spray it all over the rims and not worry about how it looks until it dries, or do you have to apply it like a spray paint and make sure it doesn't run of get crap stuck in it (like bugs and dust)?

* I assume the rims need to be IMMACULATE before you apply this? (Otherwise you will be sealing in dirt for 'all eternity')

* What it you are careless and get overspray on the cars fenders? (Not that any of us would do such a thing....)

* If you do get it on the paint, how do you clean it off?

* Do you need to mask off the tires?

* How long does it last?

* Is it perfectly clear?

* If I do the inside of the wheels as well, which I certainly would, will new wheel weight stick to the rims or just fall off?

Lots of questions I know, but this stuff looks too good to be true!!!

Z-man

Your rims do need to be clean. I sprayed mine after a good clean, but I noticed a small but in the corner of my rim after I sprayed it. I had to get some alcohol to wipe it down to get the stuff off... this stuff is TOUGH, but it wipes off with the alcohol (dilute 50/50 with water)

I didn't get any on the fenders so I can't comment, but the IPA solution would take it off if you could even see it.

Again IPA solution.

I didn't mask the tires.

I've had it on for one week so far and it's still going :)

It is perfectly clear on my wheels. I've read that someone had a white film on their wheels after application. My guess is that the wheel wasn't truly cleaned and had residual wax or some other type of sealant on the wheel that reacted with the spray.

I had no such problem, looks invisible on both of my car's wheels.

I did the inside of the wheels and the weights didn't fall off... I don't think this stuff is THAT powerful hehe, that glue on those weights is damn hard to get off even with 3m adhesive remover (very tough solvent).

I bought and applied this stuff a couple days ago. It definitely repelled quite a bit of brake dust....but I already have a light coating of brake dust on the front wheels. I'll watch a week.......and see how it washes on saturday.

It's OK, but at this point I am not willing to say it's worth the $8 price.....we'll see.

I bought and applied this stuff a couple days ago. It definitely repelled quite a bit of brake dust....but I already have a light coating of brake dust on the front wheels. I'll watch a week.......and see how it washes on saturday.

It's OK, but at this point I am not willing to say it's worth the $8 price.....we'll see.

I think you need some ceramics..

Your rims do need to be clean. I sprayed mine after a good clean, but I noticed a small but in the corner of my rim after I sprayed it. I had to get some alcohol to wipe it down to get the stuff off... this stuff is TOUGH, but it wipes off with the alcohol (dilute 50/50 with water)

I didn't get any on the fenders so I can't comment, but the IPA solution would take it off if you could even see it.

Again IPA solution.

I didn't mask the tires.

I've had it on for one week so far and it's still going :)

It is perfectly clear on my wheels. I've read that someone had a white film on their wheels after application. My guess is that the wheel wasn't truly cleaned and had residual wax or some other type of sealant on the wheel that reacted with the spray.

I had no such problem, looks invisible on both of my car's wheels.

I did the inside of the wheels and the weights didn't fall off... I don't think this stuff is THAT powerful hehe, that glue on those weights is damn hard to get off even with 3m adhesive remover (very tough solvent).

Imatk -

Thanks for the info, but I still have a question about applying it. Do I just spray it on and not worry about if it runs or drips (like some of the foaming wheel cleaner products), or do I have to be careful and make sure I put on a nice even coating like I am spray painting something.....like the old Krylon add used to say "no runs, drips, or errors"?

Z-man

Archived