TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-11 GT500 traction control

dsc28

I currently have a 2011 GT500 on order and assume the traction control is the same as 2010, just curious if any experienced drivers know if it really works with that much power, or if its faster or more fun on or off, any input would be great

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also waiting for my '11 gt500, but I remeber that on my 05 gt, i was always turning it off!!

We have a 2010 GT500 and I thought the car had no power at all until I drove it with the traction control off completely. Even part throttle it slows the car down. I did even know it was coming on because it is so subtle. I either drive the car in sport mode or completely off always now.

So I'm waiting a while to see the 2011's in person and maybe later in the season to put my order in and have only sat/played in a 2010 at the dealer. I didn't see the traction control button like was on the 99+ Stangs so I'm guessing the traction control selection is done in the gauge console?

Sounds like three modes?

Traction control on

Sport Mode

Traction control off

Interested to learn more,

thanks

So I'm waiting a while to see the 2011's in person and maybe later in the season to put my order in and have only sat/played in a 2010 at the dealer. I didn't see the traction control button like was on the 99+ Stangs so I'm guessing the traction control selection is done in the gauge console?

Sounds like three modes?

Traction control on

Sport Mode

Traction control off

Interested to learn more,

thanks

The traction control button is near the trunk release next to the shifter. The setting is displayed on the info screen under the tach.

The traction control button is near the trunk release next to the shifter. The setting is displayed on the info screen under the tach.

And putting it into Sport Mode is the tricky part.

Push the button to toggle the TCS on/off.

Hold the brake on and double click the TC button to put it into Sport Mode.

Oh, and FWIW...you can put it into Sport Mode "on the fly". You don't have to stop, just apply the brake enough to light the brake lights and double click the button.

This, I know for sure (I do it all the time).

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Always defaults to full on.

4 modes:

1. Full on

2. Traction Control off, Advancetrac on: Press button any time

3. Sport mode, "lesssened" Traction Control and Advancetrac: hit brakes, double tap button.

4. Full off, Traction Control and Advanctrac both defeated: hit brakes, hold button till it displays off.

4 modes:

1. Full on

3. Sport mode, "lesssened" Traction Control and Advancetrac: hit brakes, double tap button.

4. Full off, Traction Control and Advanctrac both defeated: hit brakes, hold button till it displays off.

very cool... never tried the "full off"

4 modes:

1. Full on

If I had those options, I'd only run #1 in the rain. #2 and #3 putzing around town with kids/wife on board. #4 would be choice on dry pavement 95% of the time.

Pardon my stupidity, but how do you know when the traction control kicks in? My tires breeak free in first at WOT and continue into second. I am running a Diablosport canned tune. Is it possible the tune turns traction control completely off? Will I know when traction control kicks in? Right now there is no traction control and noooooooo traction!

Pardon my stupidity, but how do you know when the traction control kicks in? My tires breeak free in first at WOT and continue into second. I am running a Diablosport canned tune. Is it possible the tune turns traction control completely off? Will I know when traction control kicks in? Right now there is no traction control and noooooooo traction!

A member on another forum had his TC turned off full-time by the Diablosport and lost it in the rain. He learned his lesson the hard way.

Another member had his turned off and when he recovered from being knocked unconscious he found a paramedic giving him mouth to mouth.

Moral to the story: If you don't want a dude giving you mouth to mouth, leave your TC turn on.

Don't know about that Diablosport tuning....as tuning is not something I'm into.

With a stock car with the traction on...the traction symbol will flash on the instrument cluster when it kicks in according to your owners manual.

A member on another forum had his TC turned off full-time by the Diablosport and lost it in the rain. He learned his lesson the hard way.

Another member had his turned off and when he recovered from being knocked unconscious he found a paramedic giving him mouth to mouth.

Moral to the story: If you don't want a dude giving you mouth to mouth, leave your TC turn on.

I ran my 2010 GT500 for the first time at the drags Thursday night. I completely turned off the traction control. When I hit second gear the car wheel hopped and slid so bad I almost totaled it into the wall. All the other runs I ran with it fulled engaged. It will stay that way till I replace the UCA's and LCA's. When I drive on the street it is always on.

So. is it your understanding that the Diablosport tune DOES turn off the traction control? I did not manually make that change when programming it. What does it feel like when it kicks in?

I run a Diablo predator on my 2009 SRT8 Challenger. The Predator canned tune does NOT turn off the T/C by default. You have to select that option and proceed to make the change manually.

I run a Diablo predator on my 2009 SRT8 Challenger. The Predator canned tune does NOT turn off the T/C by default. You have to select that option and proceed to make the change manually.

It didn't on my Charger SRT8, either. I think it may defeat it automatically on this car.

And putting it into Sport Mode is the tricky part.

Push the button to toggle the TCS on/off.

Hold the brake on and double click the TC button to put it into Sport Mode.

Oh, and FWIW...you can put it into Sport Mode "on the fly". You don't have to stop, just apply the brake enough to light the brake lights and double click the button.

This, I know for sure (I do it all the time).

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Phill,

How do I reset the OIL CHANGE NEEDED message? I changed the oil 100 miles ago and the dealer didn't reset it....

How do I reset the OIL CHANGE NEEDED message? I changed the oil 100 miles ago and the dealer didn't reset it....

From your 2010 Owners Manual (hope you didn't lose yours ;) ) :

To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change (7500 miles or six months) perform the following:

1. Press and release the SETUP control to display "OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW".

2. Press and hold the RESET for two seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% and "OIL LIFE SET TO 100%" is displayed.

3. While "OIL LIFE SET TO 100%" is displayed if a lower oil life start is desired, press and release the RESET control to reduce the start value. Each press of the RESET control reduces the value by 10%.

To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change (7500 miles or six months) perform the following:

1. Press and release the SETUP control to display "OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW".

2. Press and hold the RESET for two seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% and "OIL LIFE SET TO 100%" is displayed.

3. While "OIL LIFE SET TO 100%" is displayed if a lower oil life start is desired, press and release the RESET control to reduce the start value. Each press of the RESET control reduces the value by 10%.

Yeah, what he said, B!

I was just checking it out last night and saw how when I was messing with the Driver Info center controls. I hit the rev limiter big time on the ride and wanted to see what my RPM limit was set at. Turns out, 5900 RPM...but I was on it HARD before I realized what was happening and I needed to SHIFT! Whud'a dumbass!!

But it was fun. ;)

Phill

Yeah, what he said, B!

I was just checking it out last night and saw how when I was messing with the Driver Info center controls. I hit the rev limiter big time on the ride and wanted to see what my RPM limit was set at. Turns out, 5900 RPM...but I was on it HARD before I realized what was happening and I needed to SHIFT! Whud'a dumbass!!

But it was fun. ;)

Phill

That RPM setting in the info center only sets the shift light. (SVO light in the tach) It doesn't control how high you can rev.

Yeah, what he said, B!

But it was fun. ;)

Phill

Phil after dark, when you hit the set rpm shft point, the light where the tach is flashes at you doesnt it

GUYS , I ALSO AM NOT TO SURE COMPLETLY HOW THIS T/C WORKS ., READING SOME OF THE POST ABOUT TAPING THE BRAKE 2 TIMES SOUNDS LIKE I SHOULD READ THE MANUAL, I ONLY HAVE 450 MILES ON HER, AND ONLY TURNED IT COMPLETLY OFF , AND LET ME TELL YOU THIS CAR COMES TO LIFE REAL QUICK, MUST READ UP ON IT AND SEE THE OTHER MODES I WILL TRY IT OUT SOON AND LET YOU KNOW HOW THEY ALL WORK

Thanks Blue, and you too Phill

Shame on me for not reading my owners manual....D'OH!!

Archived