TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's Official Winter is Over

I took the car down off the jack stands and went for a ride today. It's about 60 degrees here and the roads had the salt washed off them over the weekend with all the rain. I had started the car a couple of times over the winter and it started right up. I let it get up to temperature, put a couple pounds of air the tires and then took it out. It ran great. When you first get them out and step on them again it feels like the first time I picked it up from being SS'd. These cars are fast.......... It was nice to take it for a ride again. Maybe I'll actually bring it home in a week or two. I hope everyone else gets a chance to dust theirs off as well.

Don

I took the car down off the jack stands and went for a ride today. It's about 60 degrees here and the roads had the salt washed off them over the weekend with all the rain. I had started the car a couple of times over the winter and it started right up. I let it get up to temperature, put a couple pounds of air the tires and then took it out. It ran great. When you first get them out and step on them again it feels like the first time I picked it up from being SS'd. These cars are fast.......... It was nice to take it for a ride again. Maybe I'll actually bring it home in a week or two. I hope everyone else gets a chance to dust theirs off as well.

Don

don't get too excited TO's forecast for next week is snow :doh:

Don

Great to hear need to connect with you to install the tune . Sounds like the Super Snake is running okay.

Yes we are going to have an early spring its in the air.

We're going to hit 70 and sunny tomorrow!!! :happy feet: But...next week its supposed to get a little colder....

Great to hear need to connect with you to install the tune . Sounds like the Super Snake is running okay.

Yes we are going to have an early spring its in the air.

Hi Jim, Have you tried to install the tune and had trouble? If so we'll call down to Jay and ask him what to do. He can likely look after us either by phone or with a computer. PM me your phone number if you like or Steve has my cell number if you want to call me.

Talk soon.

Don

don't get too excited TO's forecast for next week is snow :doh:

I know, you're right but any snow that arrives, won't last long. It would be better if it didn't come because the roads guys will put salt on everything again. The winter has been very mild here with very little snow. The roads guys will pour the salt to the roads if they get a chance so the numbers still look good for next years snow removal budget..... :banghead:

Don

It's washed & the tire pressure is perfect. Maryland weather is expected to be near 70 this weekend.

I bought the car this past February and drove it home from the dealer. It looks great in the garage.

I did pull it out 2 weeks ago to wash it since it was about 40 degrees. Then back in the garage.

Man I can't wait~!!

Charlie

Snowing here. 12" more or less depending on where you are. I figure we got about 8" here, lots more south to Denver and west.

11 inches here in Castle Rock as of 10:17 PM. Shoveled the drive way too many times today.

Guys,

I feel your pain. I saw all of this snow and salt stuff when I was in Indianapolis and Evansville, IN this past January for several days. You can have that single digit weather and wind chill business. Definately NOT Shelby driving conditions. On the other hand, I'm happy to report that we're in the low 70's days and high 40's nights out west in the S.F. Bay Area. I hope it warms up for you soon!

This morning its already sunny and 60 degrees in CT, so I took the SGT out for a 6:30 am drive to my local Starbucks!! :happy feet:

Sorry for the quality...its an iphone photo w/ zoom...

0482a613.jpg

Winter and snow suck the big one!! We've had the best winter so far in history.........almost nothing all year........gotta love it. ShelbyRookie, we need to hook up this year. Few more changes for me this year..........wife thinks I'm a whacko :hysterical: :happy feet: :hysterical::confused::talkhand:

Hi Lello, It would be nice to hook up one day. That car of yours must be a real weapon. Your wife is likely right..... They are fun to drive though. My kids were sitting in my car while I went into the local hardware store. They said, "Dad, every guy that walked by stops and looks at your car." I told them that when you get old like me you need a nice car to get people to look at you. They just laughed.

Don

Guys,

I feel your pain. I saw all of this snow and salt stuff when I was in Indianapolis and Evansville, IN this past January for several days. You can have that single digit weather and wind chill business. Definately NOT Shelby driving conditions. On the other hand, I'm happy to report that we're in the low 70's days and high 40's nights out west in the S.F. Bay Area. I hope it warms up for you soon!

Forecast says almost 70 on Monday and then more snow by Thursday.

March is our snowiest month.

Archived